Traits, skills, and perks at GB

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Traits, skills, and perks at GB

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Article ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout: New Vegas">Game: Fallout: New Vegas</a>

<p>Buck from Game Banshee let me know that they have their lists up of the perks, traits, and skill from Fallout: New Vegas. Check it out:</p>
<blockquote>
<div style="float: left; width: 740px;"><em>Those of you looking to plan out your character build a few days in advance of the release of Fallout: New Vegas can look no further than <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/falloutnewvegas/">our newly launched subsite</a>. There, you'll find a list of the game's <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/falloutnewve ... ributes</a>, <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/falloutnewve ... >skills</a>, <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/falloutnewve ... ">perks</a>, and <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/falloutnewve ... >traits</a>. We won't have a chance to add the storyline-specific perks or our personal ratings to each perk until we've clocked in several dozen hours with the game, though, but hopefully you won't have to wait much longer for those. Enjoy!</em></div>
</blockquote>
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

I like that traits are back. I can't wait to turn Wild Wasteland on. For me it was always a nice break to have a strange encounter out of nowhere in Fallout 2.
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Looks nice! Thanks for the heads up.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

How will perks work? Every level or every few levels?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Username wrote:How will perks work? Every level or every few levels?
Seems to be a perk for every second level up.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Am I the only one who thinks the perks seem kind of lame?
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

"The Professional" is kind of stupid, at least the art, description and name, but for the most part they are pretty fuckin' good, methinks.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I'm waiting for the game to come out before I look at any of this.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Retlaw83 wrote:I'm waiting for the game to come out before I look at any of this.
I've already got the traits, skills and level by level perk choices set out for 3 different characters. I love pre-planning this shit so I don't have to OCD out on release day agonizing over what path I want to take a character.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I like to let it develop naturally without forcing anything, like a good poop.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Retlaw83 wrote:I like to let it develop naturally without forcing anything, like a good poop.
This statement is the stuff of legends, good sir. Absolutely brilliant, I have to find an excuse to use this around my friends tomorrow.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

I just don't understand why there's such a big hype about this shit. I mean come on I think of back when Fallout 2 came out, did they release all the perks before the game? hell did they even put them in the manual? shit I guess I'll go check.

basically I read it but I could have just as soon not read it and not wasted my time.

if I'm off base about this (i.e. FO1 & 2 press released their perks beforehand or whatever it is they're making a big fuss about) feel free to flame the shit outta me.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

gobbleykins wrote:I just don't understand why there's such a big hype about this shit. I mean come on I think of back when Fallout 2 came out, did they release all the perks before the game? hell did they even put them in the manual? shit I guess I'll go check.

basically I read it but I could have just as soon not read it and not wasted my time.

if I'm off base about this (i.e. FO1 & 2 press released their perks beforehand or whatever it is they're making a big fuss about) feel free to flame the shit outta me.
Perchance because ninety five percent of the western world wasn't online in 1996, so the internet wasn't exactly a viable marketing tool.

Aonaran wrote:"The Professional" is kind of stupid, at least the art, description and name, but for the most part they are pretty fuckin' good, methinks.
You didn't like Leon the Professional or you just don't want it in Fallout?

Skill Mags only give temporary skill bonuses now, thought that was interesting to note.
With the Retention perk, the bonuses granted by all skill magazines last three times as long.

A few other good points were:
Survival (Endurance)

The Survival skill increases the hit points you receive from food and drink. It also helps you create consumable items at campfires.
As long as this is used well in game I think it's a nice touch, as is the ammunition creation, emphasis on weight/carry limits, et cetera.

Also there was the occasional perk [maybe it was only one or two] that affected your party members, which I think is a nice thing to include.

All told, look reasonably solid, much moreso than the perks of FO3. Things are a bit more fleshed out, there are explosives-related perks sprinkled throughout, energy weapons, guns, melee/unarmed, sneaking, etc. so that any combat branch is well taken care of, so in that regard it's looking pretty solid.

Good find [or just good job having that connection?], KoC.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

The Professional is tits, the perk referencing it so blatantly is not.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

By the way, have they done away with that faggy-assed shit that labels items stolen?
Our Host!