Duck and Cover Forum Index

Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs. Link Translator
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Fishpond.co.nz
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 The Fallout That Never Was View next topic
View previous topic
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[ Game -> Update ] - News related to Top Story: LOOK I FOUND CANCELED GAME

With my top secret sources I have found some documents about Fallout: Extreme and long past canceled Fallout project at Interplay which was I assume called Tactics 2. Here are some of the details;

Fallout Extreme was a canceled squad-based first- and third-person tactical game for the Xbox, using the Unreal Engine and developed by Interplay's 14 Degrees East division (co-developers of Fallout Tactics). It was in development for a several months in 2000, but didn't really have a concrete development team and never made it out of concept.

The Brotherhood of Steel (judging from the concept art, probably the Midwestern branch from Fallout Tactics), the "once silent organization", has been expanding and seizing more and more territory under their control. Their area of influence stretches as far as Alaska, where the Brotherhood's new headquarters is now located. The Brotherhood's agenda "leaves little room for the survival of radiation or FEV outbreak victims". Local humans are either drafted into the Brotherhood's ranks as cannon fodder or enslaved, and mutants are outright eradicated. It is the Brotherhood that the player would oppose during the first half of the game.

The player controls a squad of revolutionaries known as The Cause. Throughout the game, it would gain momentum, starting in Oregon, Washigton and Canada. Each reclaim town would vow loyalty to the player's cause.

However, after defeating the Brotherhood, the player would learn why the Brotherhood set out to Alaska in the first place. The rebels must now venture across the Bering Strait, through Russia and Mongolia and finally into China, in order to destroy the Doom's Day Missile that could obliterate what is left of America. The endgame would take place within the Forbidden City, where the Chinese Emperor resides.

Among the factions encountered along the way would be the Issaquah Nation, the Inuits, the Montauk, the Horde of Huns, Siberian Cossacks and finally the Army of the Golden Tiger and New Imperial Guard.

I like the story. You can read the whole thing here. If you read it anywhere else than here then they are plagarizing jerks.

Spotted @ The Vault

Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

EXTREEEEEEEEEMMMMMEEEEEE MARKETING!
Caleb
Strider
Strider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I grew up in Issaquah....they must have seen the name somewhere and thought 'oh, that sounds like an indian tribe.'
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nice
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Caleb wrote:
I grew up in Issaquah....they must have seen the name somewhere and thought 'oh, that sounds like an indian tribe.'

You obviously don't deal with people out of the northwest very much. Every Washington city other than Seattle is a mystery wrapped up in an enigma buried in a mound of dog shit.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Could there be more links in that article? The different text colors are making me dizzy tard
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Use a format that doesn't have links show as different colors?

Edit:

For the record, it sounds better than

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_Brotherhood_of_Steel_2
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, I prefer FOBOS2 to this.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Caleb
Strider
Strider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jetbaby wrote:

You obviously don't deal with people out of the northwest very much. Every Washington city other than Seattle is a mystery wrapped up in an enigma buried in a mound of dog shit.

Except redmond...microsoftland and such, everyone knows where it is. Normally I just say i live right outside of seattle, so no questions asked, but yeah, no one knows shit about anything around here...well, except for forks. Thank you pop culture!
Dr.Xen
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder how many Fallout games died when they're concepts. icon_hahano
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gameplay details:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Fallout_Extreme_part_II:_the_gameplay

Some of it would actually have been pretty cool for Fallout Tactics.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Caleb wrote:
Except redmond...microsoftland and such, everyone knows where it is. Normally I just say i live right outside of seattle, so no questions asked, but yeah, no one knows shit about anything around here...well, except for forks. Thank you pop culture!

God damn it, Forks. Forgot about that crap. But yeah. I'm always "forty five minutes south of Seattle" since no one knows what Tacoma is.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic