stuck inside the bridge in mothership zeta!

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Seploud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

stuck inside the bridge in mothership zeta!

Post by Seploud »

Im at the final part of the quest, the other ship is supposed to appear but It doest,I dont have a previous save, my autosave is ruined( my fault, I exited and entered the area after this problem) and they are just standing like idiots waiting for the other ship!.

is there a magical console code to summon this event or I stuck for ever?, I think the quest is broken........
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Fallout 3 is marked by horrible quality throughout. Quests often break, and your favorite expansion is a victim of it.

Rub some Icy Hot on your asshole and replay the entire thing again.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Seploud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Seploud »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!, Im stuck for ever!?

but there must me something I can do!, what about disabling the expansion pack!?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Console codes are here:

http://www.duckandcover.cx/index.php?id=12

See if one helps.

Edit: Nevermind, those are just the items codes. I haven't put the other console codes up yet. On the to do list.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Seploud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Seploud »

resetting the quest can help right?, but I need to get out of the mothership, is there anyway to move my character to another location in the wasteland?.

you see, the problem that started all was the alien captain, I killed him and revived him and I think this broke the quest.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Your game sense you were becoming mildly amused with it so it sabotaged itself. Shit, they're becoming self-aware!

Or bethesda might just suck at making games that break at the time.
Seploud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Seploud »

Well, I revived him because He din't drop his special weapon the first time for some reason.....

shit!, shit!, damn!!, fuck!! Im stuck, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

anyone make it right through this game without a game crushing crash i had some missing people in redneck expansion couldnt have been botherd to even try and fix it.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Seploud wrote:Well, I revived him because He din't drop his special weapon the first time for some reason.....

shit!, shit!, damn!!, fuck!! Im stuck, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!
Well Sep, if you weren't a retard, you could have gotten the gun with the add item code instead of breaking your game. Congratulations.

Also, if you ever had a logical thought - which I doubt - you'd realize if you reanimate a corpse it'll still have the same inventory as it did before.
- the Vault Dweller
supamoocowmilk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by supamoocowmilk »

i played all the way through mothership zeta and the only problem was elliot would randomly disappear and when he came back he would be hostile to me
"Do you have a T-51b? Then no, you don't have everything!"
Seploud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Seploud »

Well Sep, if you weren't a retard, you could have gotten the gun with the add item code instead of breaking your game. Congratulations.

Also, if you ever had a logical thought - which I doubt - you'd realize if you reanimate a corpse it'll still have the same inventory as it did before.

yes I know that, but maybe he dropped the gun to the floor, but it was nowhere to be found. not even in his body... maybe it fell off the map, it happens alot in this game...

so... there is nothing I can do?

I have the fucking gun but im stuck!!, ahhh life sucks!, Im begining to feel like if I were the character in that situation.

if the character is male then he have a problem, because there is no hot girls up there, that soma bitch is uglly!, then the character have to become a pedo because Sally is the closest thing to "hot". but maybe she is a he!, she talks like a boy!.

Im stuck up here!, Now I cant find my dad!, never!!!!!!!
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Sally sounds nothing like a boy. I guess your country must be filled with effeminate girly-men.

Additionally, the game is terrible due to the fact Bethesda does not plan out small details, and the game studio just plain and simple lacks talent outside of their art department.

I'd also go so far as to say that you don't deserve to find your dad in the game if you can't figure out how to use add item code. I'd also wager you don't know who your real father is and don't deserve to find him, either.
- the Vault Dweller
Seploud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Seploud »

I'd also go so far as to say that you don't deserve to find your dad in the game if you can't figure out how to use add item code.
I was not thinking at the moment, when I enter frustration mode I just start to yell at the screen, but at the moment I exited the area and entered again I let out a big "fuck!" because I realised that autosave was my only salvation and I send it to HELLLLLLLLLL!!.

I know about the code, but this is my first major bug playing this game, Im not a big fan of bethesda, I never finish the main quest in their games, so... the main quest is like this too ?, if you do something like this it can end broken?.

In my opinon there were times that Sally sounded like if she was voiced by a man trying to sound like a girl :? :evil_laugh: everytime she says "cool" I get the mental picture of a guy doing the voice acting.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

All the quests in Fallout 3 break constantly because the developers didn't pay enough attention to detail to realize that if you give a player complete freedom, they'll use it.

I ruined one of my games by using the mesmotron to enslave Angela Staley. Somewhere in a period between 4 hours and 20 hours after she goes to Paradise Falls, the game crashes - my best guess is the AI routines in Rivet City call for her to do something, she can't get out of her cell, and the game crashes.

Funnily enough, if I spawn a copy of her to be in Rivet City, the game still crashes - probably because the AI routines are tied to the original. However, if I make a copy and enslave her, the game still crashes.

Stuff like this plagues the main game and every expansion. The only one that appears to have any quality work put into it is Broken Steel.
- the Vault Dweller
Seploud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Seploud »

ruined one of my games by using the mesmotron to enslave Angela Staley. Somewhere in a period between 4 hours and 20 hours after she goes to Paradise Falls, the game crashes - my best guess is the AI routines in Rivet City call for her to do something, she can't get out of her cell, and the game crashes.
something like that happens with Red from big town if you send her to paradise falls before ending the quest of big town.

there is a bug in operation anchorage where the soldier uses the rifle like an radio transmiter, you see this is my kind of bug, bugs we can laugh at, no bugs that ruin the game and you have to start from the begining!
Pawns4Mons
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Pawns4Mons »

FEV did it!!!!

Try large doses of Anti Mutagen!!
Seploud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Seploud »

Ah fuck this game, his name is now motherSHIT zeta, I started my game again, but this time Im going to cheat! this is my second time starting the fucking game! first time my save files killed themselves because I deleted the auto save file...what the hell?, the auto save is necessary for the save file to work? 2th time motherSHIT zeta. this is your last chance fallout 3!, if you fuckup one more time you are out of my computer, there are other games waiting in line to have the honour of being played by me!.
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

Did everyone know this would end in tears for the poor guy lol
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

The best is, we didn't have to do anything at all. Fallout 3 came through in the end to prove, yet again, how utterly shit it is.
Seploud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Seploud »

Did everyone know this would end in tears for the poor guy lol

Tears of rage!, fucking programmers!!!!. , but okay, okay....one more chance!
Our Host!