More Court Drama

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

More Court Drama

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

<strong>[ Company -> Update ]</strong>

<p>Remeber when Bethesda got the license and all the sites kept reporting it to be Fallout 3, 4, and 5. Well it looks like Interplay is about to use that to its advantage. The question being also is New Vegas going to be considered Fallout 4? The possiblities are endless. RPGcodex reports;</p>
<p> </p>
<p><em>VG247 <a href="http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/21/audio-% ... ore-139817" target="_blank">conducted a phone interview</a> with Pete Hines last night, reports NMA.</em></p>
<blockquote>
<p><em><span>"We own the rights to the MMO,&rdquo; he said when asked if Caen&rsquo;s comments were true.

He continued: &ldquo;We own the rights to everything Fallout. The licence is ours. Fallout belongs to us. That&rsquo;s what I&rsquo;ll clarify.

&ldquo;Beyond that, I&rsquo;m not commenting on anybody else&rsquo;s comments. It&rsquo;s a legal matter. A specific MMO or project or any of that stuff, the lawyers are all going to sort it out.&rdquo;</span></em></p>
</blockquote>
<p><em><span><a href="http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/21/audio-% ... ore-139817" target="_blank">Listen to it.</a></span></em></p>
<p><em> </em></p>
<p><em><span>Additionally, there's an interview with Eric Caen at Eurogamer. <a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... ld-be-ours" target="_blank">Fallout 6 could be ours</a>.</span></em></p>
<blockquote>
<p><em>"We sold the Fallout IP to Bethesda in exchange for a certain amount of cash and the right to do the Fallout MMO," he said. "If they refuse to let us do the game, then the sale of the IP is terminated, and they will be allowed to do only one more Fallout, 5.</em></p>
<p><em>"But in that case, the IP will come back to us, and of course, we will complete our work and release Fallout MMO."</em></p>
<p> </p>
<p><em>
</em></p>
<p> </p>
</blockquote><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.com">RPG Codex</a></p>
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

What a tweest.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

Cornered animals are so... predictable.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

My prediction is Bethesda loses the Fallout IP after buying Obsidian with the intent they develop all of their future Fallout games, leaving us in a situation where we get Fallout 5 from that team and nothing else.

The upside is we might go back to isometric turn-based, or my dream of having a Tactic's like CTB option, but I doubt it.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

My god! It's full of lawyers!
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

the only reason a game would be isometric and turn based now was if cakester made it. if cakester liked turn based games lol :salute:
:chew:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Megatron wrote:the only reason a game would be isometric and turn based now was if cakester made it. if cakester liked turn based games lol :salute:
Isometric, Turn-based MMA forest wrestling with abstract warbird aliens
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Manoil wrote:
Megatron wrote:the only reason a game would be isometric and turn based now was if cakester made it. if cakester liked turn based games lol :salute:
All this and more in a beautiful yellow-brownish hue with turquoise background. D;
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Alister McFap II Esq. wrote:
Manoil wrote:
All this and more in a beautiful yellow-brownish hue with turquoise background. D;
let's not forget symmetrically lumpy pieces of shit that are supposed to be faces although I think they're feces geddit lol

But seriously, fuck that faygott in his nostrils.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

I think while getting fucked in his nose he'd try to sound smart and stay serious, explaining how his rapists lacks emotions and a soul, and then he'll tell him about the girl he <strike>met</strike> alienated online a few days ago with his tedious stories about how he perceives life.... :bang: :monster: :hammer: :poke: :blowme: :punch: :axe: :chaingun: :laser: :dinosaur:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I propose creation of :warbird: emoticon.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Yonmanc wrote:
Alister McFap II Esq. wrote:
Manoil wrote:Isometric, Turn-based MMA forest wrestling with abstract warbird aliens
let's not forget symmetrically lumpy pieces of shit that are supposed to be faces although I think they're feces geddit lol
I'd sooner play that than, say, TES V. How about replacing Toad Howard with Cakester? Two birds with one stone, yeah? :dance:
Our Host!