Detective Ausir Finds Fallout Movie Info

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Detective Ausir Finds Fallout Movie Info

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

<strong>[ Film & TV -> Update ]</strong>

<p>Ausir from the The Vault wiki dug up some info about a potential Fallout movie;</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><em>This newsbit is somewhat late, given that the information was actually added to the wiki quite a while ago. But given that most people probably don't pay much attention to edits done to the <a title="Fallout (film)" href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_% ... 9">Fallout movie</a> page, I decided to post it anyway.</em></p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><em>Apparently, in the DVD commentary for the </em><em><a title="imdb:Mutant Chronicles" href="http://us.imdb.com/Title?Mutant_Chronicles">Mutant Chronicles</a> movie, <a title="Ron Perlman" href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ron_Perlman">Ron Perlman</a> stated that he was the <a title="Narrator" href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Narrator">narrator</a><a title="Fallout 3" href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3">action heavy videogame</a> that he thought was being made into a movie, and where the tagline was "War never changes". Is it an actual confirmation of the </em> in a <em>Fallout movie rumors or is he mistaken?</em></p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><em>We cannot be certain for now, but keep in mind that earlier this year Bethesda Softworks applied for the </em><em>Fallout</em> trademark for "Entertainment services in the nature of an on-going television program" and for "motion picture films about a post-nuclear apocalyptic world". So there might be some truth to the rumors, especially given that if a <em>Fallout movie was being made, Ron Perlman would definitely be one of the first actors approached by the studio.</em></p>
<p>We might get a movie which would be quite fitting with all the post apov movies suddenly coming out . You can read the original article <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog ... <p>Spotted @ <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com">The Vault</a></p>
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Who cares tbh.
Mutant Chronicles sucked.
Ron Pearlman, while having a great voice is a subpar actor.
Fallout is dead.
Bethesda is shit.
Anything that Bethesda is responsable for, will be shit.

(read some of the reviews for Bethesda's latest title, Rogue Warrior. I was following its release for a while because I used to read lots of Marcinko's books when I was a kid. When I saw the pre-order on Steam, I decided to read up on it first. Saw that it was Bethesda's project. Decided not to get a big dick and wait until I saw the reviews. Content.)
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:Who cares tbh.
Mutant Chronicles sucked.
Ron Pearlman, while having a great voice is a subpar actor.
Fallout is dead.
Bethesda is shit.
Anything that Bethesda is responsable for, will be shit.
Aww, why so angwee?

While I agree on Beth's utter FAIL in most categories, we might be lucky enough that they would outsource some of their creative positions. And Perlman... until you've seen a little film called Local Color, you will never know the true range he can act.

Besides, I had ideas for a Fallout movie that wouldn't be absolute shit (although the title of Fallout wouldn't be referenced, only the material items, organisms, geography/locations, etc.) but I'm not done piecing it together. Will definitely come to you guys if I ever do
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I wouldn't say Fallout is dead. Obsidian is going to kick ass with New Vegas, that much I'm sure.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

King of Creation wrote:I wouldn't say Fallout is dead. Obsidian is going to kick ass with New Vegas, that much I'm sure.
We can only hope.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

King of Creation wrote:I wouldn't say Fallout is dead. Obsidian is going to kick ass with New Vegas, that much I'm sure.
It'll be more like a kiss of death.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

If it would be a Fallout movie which game would it follow, I wonder?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I hope it's Brotherhood of Steel :chick:
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

senisterdenister wrote:If it would be a Fallout movie which game would it follow, I wonder?
It would likely be an interpretation of whatever gimmicks seem the most interesting from across all the games.

Mistakes they're bound to make:

Most likely the BoS would be implemented completely wrong, as usual, and portrayed as the wasteland police.

Dogmeat probably wont be anything near the vicious fleabag it's supposed to be. If he at all makes it.

They'll portray most ghouls as the feral kind from Fo3.

Obvious joke is obvious. Feel free to add more =/
Testicular Pugilist
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Uwe Boll FTW.

Also, checked the commentary, but couldn't sit through more than a few minutes of it.
edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:Ron Pearlman, while having a great voice is a subpar actor.
Have you seen The Name of the Rose?
SenisterDenister

At any rate they'll make the mistake of portraying the main character as a complete Mary Sue protagonist who is nigh but invincible with a clear cookie cut bad guy, with no moral ambiguity whatsoever.
edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

senisterdenister wrote:At any rate they'll make the mistake of portraying the main character as a complete Mary Sue protagonist who is nigh but invincible with a clear cookie cut bad guy, with no moral ambiguity whatsoever.
I'd think The Book of Eli could be an indication of what 'Fallout the Movie' will be like.
SenisterDenister

Denzel could do so much better.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

he's prolly tight with the Hughes Brothers... in hollywood only black men survive the apocalypse
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Dogmeatlives wrote:he's prolly tight with the Hughes Brothers... in hollywood only black men survive the apocalypse
Racial supremacy, bro B)
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

edhead wrote:
Frater Perdurabo wrote:Ron Pearlman, while having a great voice is a subpar actor.
No.
edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:
edhead wrote:
No.
You should. Perlman is great there. Plus, it's an adaptation of a book by Umberto Eco. Must see.
diegobaz
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout: The Series

Post by diegobaz »

My 2 cents, unasked for: I think the Fallout saga'd make a great TV series (bearing in mind the ubiquitous qualifier for this type of thing: "if it was done right"). Given the quality of recent TV shows like Lost, Fringe, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, etc., it's certainly not beyond Hollywood production companies' abilities to deliver a quality product - if the same care, approach & commitment to development were dedicated to the Fallout property, I don't see why you couldn't get a kick-ass TV show out of it.

Plus, there's more than enough material - you've got enough for like 6 seasons at least. Me, I'd do 2 seasons per installment (based only on Fallout 1, 2 & 3 and using adjunct material like Fallout Tactics as filler material for subplots, etc.) - so, like, duh: seasons 1 & 2'd be based on Fallout 1, seasons 3 & 4'd be based on Fallout 2, and 5 & 6 on Fallout 3.

Now, I'm talking Lost-quality here, or Fringe, etc. NOT Sci-Fi Channel (yeah, yeah: you're thinking BG, but I'm thinking Alien Apocalypse, Deathlands, etc. - I'd HATE to see Fallout turn out like something as bone-chillingly shitty as Deathlands). To get the most bang for your buck, though, it'd have to be done on HBO or Showtime - it'd have to be unbridled in its depiction of post-apocalyptic savagery (I don't want to laugh at Raiders or Slavers, I want to go "Oh shit!" & dive for my Chinese assault rifle...) - this is an epic story taking place in a WASTELAND, my lovelies, not Disneyland; shit's gritty after the Bomb, and Life hurts: spare me the frosting, I get enough of that on Lifetime.

I'd get Josh Friedman to produce, 'cause he'd totally "get" the project - if anyone could pull it off, that dude could. And that's the most important part, more than the writers, directors, cast, crew - you gotta get the producer in there first, that's elementary for something like this; once that's done, the Legos start clicking together.

Casting? I don't know - how about Nick Stahl as the Vault Dweller?
SenisterDenister

So you're implying that Fallout 3 was done right to begin with?
Our Host!