Fallout 3: Third best XBox 360 game of all time

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout 3: Third best XBox 360 game of all time

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Article ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p>In what seems a bit of a premature list (the 360 hasn't really be around long enough), IGN have concluded that <a href="http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/104 ... em>Fallout 3</em></strong> is the third best XBox 360 game of all time</a>. Here's what they had to say:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><em><strong>Charles Onyett:</strong> The original Fallout is on my short list of favorite role-playing games of all time, right next to Baldur's Gate II and Planescape: Torment. When I heard Bethesda was making the third title in the series and that it would be shifted away from the turn-based style of gameplay the series was known for, I wasn't quite sure what to think. Then I saw the game, and all my concern melted away. Bethesda was able to draw from its extensive experience with creating open-world role-playing game in the past and successfully fuse the Fallout fiction and personality to a new kind of hybrid real-time/turn-based combat system. Targeted shots were still there, but now it felt more interactive. The game lost some of its tactical depth, but it compensated with an overwhelming amount of content and an overall ease of playability. It had humor, it established an unmistakable tone, and it had a satisfying range of character builds and ways to play. Plus, it let me sit on a balcony with a bunch of fancy people while I nuked a town filled with silly, gullible mendicants.</em></p>
<p><em><strong>Erik Brudvig:</strong> It's quite common to get burnt out on writing about a game. There's only so many ways you can write about the same thing before you feel completely tapped. Well, I've been writing about Fallout 3 for well over a year now. First it was multiple previews. Then it was a review and a year's worth of downloadable expansions. And you know what? I'm still not tapped. This game rocks. The open, depressingly dreary world is crafted by masters. This is a true role-playing experience filled with fantastic stories and characters. How will you survive after the bomb drops?</em></p>
</blockquote>
<p>Topping off the list are <em>Modern Warfare</em> at number 2, and <em>Mass Effect</em> at number 1. You can <a href="http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1045042p1.html">go here</a> to check out the whole list of the 25 best 360 games.</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://bethblog.com/">Bethesda Blog</a></p>
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

This is more of a reflection on the overall shit factor of xbox games, rather than the awful taste the reviewers have - although that's true, as well.
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

cazsim83 wrote:This is more of a reflection on the overall shit factor of xbox games, rather than the awful taste the reviewers have - although that's true, as well.
So true :joy:
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Our XBOX died a few months ago so we got a 360. We're extremely disappointed with it...All the games we've rented have been crap. We find ourselves playing the few old games that are compatible more than anything else. I will say we do enjoy Fable II, though. It's fun in short bursts.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Mass Effect was pretty good. The 360's had a few stellar titles, and it's got very strong multiplayer capabilities as well as numerous other features that, although you can't mod anything, it's still a versatile, entertaining system.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:Our XBOX died a few months ago so we got a 360. We're extremely disappointed with it...All the games we've rented have been crap. We find ourselves playing the few old games that are compatible more than anything else. I will say we do enjoy Fable II, though. It's fun in short bursts.
best feature I've found so far on the 360 - streaming Netflix for mostly documentaries, 30 rock, and The Office
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

And now they have the social networking sites, the Windows Media Center connection, the "Game with Fame"... they put more shit on there than any one person knows what to do with
Our Host!