Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It's been worth the money so far, yes.
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

Kashluk wrote:It's been worth the money so far, yes.
cool steaming it now.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Kashluk wrote:I purchased two rather nice games some time ago. Left 4 Dead 2 and Tropico 3.

LEFT 4 DEAD 2 - http://www.l4d.com/home.html
  • Pretty much what you would expect - zombie hunting in different locations, the bread and butter of this game being the co-op campaign(s) of four people against AI zombie hordes. Works like the first one, but there's more of everything, all the things (maps, weapons, critters, game balance...) are more carefully designed and there is plenty of variety. I've already had hours of fun with this game and I've yet to even try most of its features. Everything's smooth and works just fine, no glitches or bugs so far. Then again, it's a multiplayer game (read: frequent updates) that's been released quite a long time ago already, so I guess they've already taken care of the biggest issues.
[/list]
I wanted to play Left 4 Dead 2 but Valve raised the requirments just enough to outclass my video card and I haven't been able to justify buying a new PC just for it and few other games. They have it on xbox but multiplayer is never as fun on xbox for some reason, probably cause you have to either play all public games or organize with other people which can be a pain in the ass. I like just going to a chat room and being all like "play video game?" or something. In the first one I would just hang out in the Somethingaweful L4d channel and just click on join game when others were playing.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

If your pc can run the first one it can easily run the second one.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Well my PC could just barely run the first one, it's just that the second one says my graphics card isn't supported. I've never attempted a game when my card wasn't supported. I have a Radeon 9800 and I remember when I tried the demo I got some graphics glitches which I assumed was because my card wasn't up to snuff.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

I bought a €65 hardcore gaming mouse for the first time, and on my way home spottet CoD4: MW GoTY edition for €15 as well. 48 hours later i emerged paler and nerdier than ever. But its great fun though.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

First Modern Warfare was so fun.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

D:
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Well my PC could just barely run the first one, it's just that the second one says my graphics card isn't supported. I've never attempted a game when my card wasn't supported. I have a Radeon 9800 and I remember when I tried the demo I got some graphics glitches which I assumed was because my card wasn't up to snuff.
$50 USD will fix that. That's what I did. Figured it was the worst bottleneck in my system, so I swapped it.

Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

jetbaby wrote:First Modern Warfare was so fun.
Second one is exceptional as well.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

I heard there were quite a few limitations on internets play, which is why I bought the cheaper older one. Nothing beats 50 people going postal on a tiny map with little cover. Carnage!
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Superhaze wrote:I heard there were quite a few limitations on internets play, which is why I bought the cheaper older one. Nothing beats 50 people going postal on a tiny map with little cover. Carnage!
Yes. There is no dedicated server support, which is why I also refused to "support" them. However, the SP storyline is great and the Spec Ops keep you occupied for ages.
They fucked up online play so that they could sell DLC. Cocksuckers. However, from what I've heard, pirate dedicated servers are going up.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Yeah, I agree about the single player story. Massive action all the way, except they went a bit [spoiler] overboard with killing the player over and over again. [/spoiler] Never did get to try the two-player Ac-130 Gunship mission, but I imagine its awesome.

edit: on a different note, wtf is up with the [spoiler] tag? does it work properly or is it just google-chrome that is fucked?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Doesn't work here. I didn't even know there was a spoiler tag on phpbb
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

I was kind of doing it as a joke and BAM there was a spoiler tag in the middle of my post... but never mind, no one gives a shit anyway.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Superhaze wrote:I heard there were quite a few limitations on internets play, which is why I bought the cheaper older one. Nothing beats 50 people going postal on a tiny map with little cover. Carnage!
Basically. The lack of dedicated server support means I'll never buy it. And the campaign was mediocre, at best. Story got convoluted and generally retarded as it kept going and going and going. The Spec Ops was fun. The two player AC-130 wasn't that great, actually. It was interesting for a bit, but one person blows the shit out of the world while the other runs furiously past the smoldering corpses.

Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

If you ever come around playing L4D2, feel free to befriend me in Steam: http://steamcommunity.com//id/kashluk/ .
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

So I got ME2 but I kind of want to finish DA before starting that or I will never finish it so right now I've been playing DA with renewed vigor. I'm in the Dwarf place and I finished the 3 other allies but I heard the Dwarf place is the worst.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Playing Mass Effect 2, probably about 28-30 hours into it, been dragging my feet with the main assignment, everything seems a lot more fleshed out. Definitely better than the first, probably going to be one of the best RPG's to come out this year, if not the best.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

senisterdenister wrote:one of the best RPG's to come out this year, if not the best.
It's still January, right?
Our Host!