Inside the Vault: Ashley Cheng

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Inside the Vault: Ashley Cheng

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Person -> Interview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ashley Cheng">Person: Ashley Cheng</a>

<p>It's been a while since there's been an "Inside the Vault" featurette on the Beth Blog (or at least a while since I bothered to pay attention to them), but this one caught my eye because it's on <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2009/11/0 ... ">Bethesda producer Ashley Cheng</a>.</p>
<p>Highlights:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><em><strong>What&rsquo;s your job at Bethesda?</strong>
I&rsquo;m the Production Director (fancy name for producer) for Bethesda Game Studios. I&rsquo;m responsible for the day to day of the development team, scheduling and budgets, QA and testing, localization, running team meetings when Todd Howard is traveling, game library procurement, weekend and evening catering, commissioner of our Madden online franchise league, purchaser of buckets to collect rain water leaking from our ceiling. I&rsquo;m the last one who touches our games before they go out into the world to be replicated, boxed and shipped out to stores and/or downloaded via Steam/Xbox LIVEW/PlayStation Network, etc&hellip; My office is full of gold masters of every version of every game we&rsquo;ve shipped since 2001. I have one of the best jobs anybody could ever wish for.</em></p>
<p><em>...</em></p>
<p><em><strong>What would you say is your personal favorite game of all time?</strong>
Hard to limit to one. I have lots. Civilization. (Civ on iPhone is a must buy for any Civ fan). Utopia on Intellivision. Alice in Wonderland on C64. Karateka. Karate Champ. Ancient Art of War. Super Mario Bros. 2. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. Full Throttle, Monkey Island 1, Curse of Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle. Knights of the Old Republic, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1, the Wizardry series, Jade Empire, and World of Warcraft (though I refuse to play it anymore b/c it sucks my life away) are my favorite RPGs. Redguard, which is one of Todd Howard&rsquo;s early titles. More recently, I&rsquo;m a big NCAA Football fan, and really impressed with the new Madden this year. I&rsquo;m addicted to Carcasonne on Xbox LIVE. Rock Band, Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4 and GTA4 were high points for me in last couple of years, too. I&rsquo;ll play anything by the guys at Bioware who made KOTOR/Mass Effect/Jade Empire.</em></p>
</blockquote>
<p>Not much to do with Fallout in this interview, but it's good to get to know the people that make the games regardless.</p>
<p>Read the <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2009/11/0 ... ng/">whole interview here</a>.</p>
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Re: Inside the Vault: Ashley Cheng

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I’m the last one who touches our games before they go out into the world to be replicated, boxed and shipped out to stores and/or downloaded via Steam/Xbox LIVEW/PlayStation Network, etc…
Doin' a bang-up job there. :clap:
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

She'd have the opportunity to bring everything to a halt and take the whole project back to the designing table (at least for a while) ?

I guess she does not really understand the concept of carpe diem.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Haven't they interviewed this person before on this exact same segment?
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Yeah the same as every Bethesda interview - she still has nothing worth saying.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Its actually an asian male.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Dang it, the Ashley -part kind of fooled me. I guess the name is 'unisex'?
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Boy named Sue.
Nameless_One
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Nameless_One »

Kashluk wrote:Dang it, the Ashley -part kind of fooled me. I guess the name is 'unisex'?
Thought the same thing
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I knew it was a man but I still like saying its a girl for the fun of it.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Our Host!