NWN Fallout or Please dont kill me

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Hackmaster+12
SDF!
SDF!

NWN Fallout or Please dont kill me

Post by Hackmaster+12 »

Hey, I got the wise idea of making a fallout mod for Neverwinter Nights. The reason: NWN has a versital conversation editor, something that Tactics did not, NWN has a very good and easy map edior, something that Tactics did not. Also, NWN has fan made desert tilesets, which remind me of fallout. Now I know its a fantasy game, but I'm pretty sure you could put guns and stuff in there, and if you make enough classes, you could have a huge amount of options.

Its not perfect, or anywhere near the goodness of FO, but its really the only bastion I see for the dying fallout community (ease of map making + dialouge + Desert tilesets + Classes = Fallout Lite, but still fallout). Think about it: FO3 is never, ever going to be released. Its dead boys and girls, we gotta take it from here.

Tell me what you think(flame).
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Great idea!!...but classes? Bad idea bad.
GooChunks
Regular
Regular

Post by GooChunks »

great idea i can help, not with mapping or moddeling cause i cant do that at all but i am pretty good at making up characters and i know alot about the fallout universe and i can draw people pretty good so if you need a concept of a person or armor i can do that and ive created a couple power armours that are cool as shit and would fit perfically in the fallout universe just for an idea so if serouis about it start posting more shit then id be more then happy to contribute
Hackmaster+12
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Hackmaster+12 »

Actually, really the only thing that would need to be done, would be to make 3d models of creatures, buildings, weapons and armor. I cant do that however, so somebody with the skills and knowledge would need to. Other then that, it would be pretty easy to make the maps and the story and the like. The only thing is though, is that there is no travel map in NWN so there would have to be many areas per module and they would all link to one another.
Yeah, I know it fucks with the special sys. coolness. But the plan would be to have enough classes to represent basically any character combination (cause when you think about it, in s.p.e.c.i.a.l. there is really only 3: Talker, Fighter, Thief)
GooChunks
Regular
Regular

Post by GooChunks »

i hope your serious about this cause ive been itching for a chance to get my hands on new fallout material and now i see fo3 aint probably happening you should definatly should look into this but i warn you if you ever did do this its gotta be fallouty for example power armor has to be 50ish and bulky and rusted a bit to fit the fallout style but that is an example but none the less that is a awesome idea cause the toolset is so user friendly you have to get this mod started i could help you out thinking wise damn that is a good idea
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

GooChunks wrote:i hope your serious about this cause ive been itching for a chance to get my hands on new fallout material and now i see fo3 aint probably happening you should definatly should look into this but i warn you if you ever did do this its gotta be fallouty for example power armor has to be 50ish and bulky and rusted a bit to fit the fallout style but that is an example but none the less that is a awesome idea cause the toolset is so user friendly you have to get this mod started i could help you out thinking wise damn that is a good idea
Translation from gibbon, please?
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

He said it's a good idea, I think, and then he commented on the need for it to be fallouty.
Hackmaster+12
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Hackmaster+12 »

Like I said though goo, I am unable to make 3d models, which would be most of the effort. If anybody on these boards knows how to make it for NWN, that would be great.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

It seems like every week someone writes a thread about making a new fallouty game that would replace FO3.

If you would make a fallout game based on the NWN system it would probably suck. Just like every other fan-created Fallout game. If you try to base the game on another engine it would suck. If you try to build the game from scratch it would, once again, suck.
Even if the FO source code was released nobody would be able to make a game except a company (Troika for example).

I'm sorry but I think your project will never be finished because you will leave it around the beginning.

If you want to make Fallout fan material, stick to mini-games.

Dont take it personally, it's just what I think about all the would-be fallout 3.
GooChunks
Regular
Regular

Post by GooChunks »

that true it was just an idea, i got real into it yesterday but when i thought about it i knew it would never happen it would be cool but unlikely
Crow of Ill Omen
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Crow of Ill Omen »

Hackmaster+12, I posted the same idea about two days ago. It was - naturally - moved to the mods forum, which explains why you haven't seen it. Unfortunately for us both, I've no ability to make models, either.

Assuming we could find a model maker, though, what things could you contribute to such a project? Until the tileset and models are completed, my own contributions would probably be limited to standing over the shoulder of people who can actually do stuff and point out the bits they've missed. After that, I think I could help come up with plot and character material.

Dan, since we're talking about making the stuff people would need to create their own FO modules, it doesn't matter if a given story sucks, because many more can be created. In order for them all to end up sucking there would have to be less talent in the FO community than there is in the NWN community, which I refuse to believe.
Sqawk
James
Respected
Respected

Post by James »

Yes. There’s no way around the fact that classes would detract from the "falloutness" of any FO game.

GooChunks:

Your posts make my head hurt. Please, for the love of god, use punctuation and capitals where relevant :-)
"Ancient Greece was ahead of its time, and before our time. They had no TV, but they had lots of philosophers.
I, personally, would not want to sit all evening watching a philosopher."
GooChunks
Regular
Regular

Post by GooChunks »

I'm starting to do that. ehhh see that perfect punctuation
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

GooChunks wrote:I'm starting to do that. ehhh see that perfect punctuation

Try a full stop at the end of the sentence. Asshole.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

------------ATTENTION-------------

This is already in motion,
Fallout: Nuclear Winter Nights is being developed as we speak,
I know one of htem personally, and I'm mapping as well.

Testicular Pugilist
GooChunks
Regular
Regular

Post by GooChunks »

How long has Fallout:Nuclear Winter Nights been in development and how far are you guys modeling wise? and do you guys have a site we could check out?
MrWacco
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MrWacco »

Smiley wrote:------------ATTENTION-------------

This is already in motion,
Fallout: Nuclear Winter Nights is being developed as we speak,
I know one of htem personally, and I'm mapping as well.

like GooChunks I wouldn't mind a bit more information on this 'Project'
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

I wouldn't mind either...
Ibbz
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Ibbz »

i do believe Bioware are going to release plug in's for GMAX and 3d Studio max which should help any modeler's out there. They've also started releasing textures too.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Gmax=Chopped off 3ds max.
Our Host!