Got some hilarious email from the NRA.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Got some hilarious email from the NRA.

Post by Redeye »

I just love the guy holding up his weapon that was concealed.

Bond, James Bond.

:drunk:

I wonder if it would be illegal to order one of those jackets by international mail for delivery in Europe.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I don't think holsters are illegal in Europe? Are they? It's a good question that I never thought of.

Those are actually some pretty nice looking jackets, although they're abit pricy.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Reminded me of James Bond as well. But why the censorship (~mosaic)?
Wolfman Walt wrote:in Europe? → I'll answer from Finnish point of view
  • Silencers - free for all. Saves gun enthusiasts from hearing impairment. Illegal in US though?
  • Home concealment - illegal. You must store your weapons in a locked safe.
  • Concealment in public places - illegal. This includes knives and other 'weaponry'.
  • Guns at work - illegal. Unless you work in the law enforcement or military. If not jail, you'd at least have to face being sacked.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I figured as much, but are holsters illegal. Like if you ordered a holster from the internet, would it be confiscated?

Silencers aren't illegal in the U.S, though I believe a number of states do have them as illegal.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Not illegal, no. But practically useless since you can't carry a gun to a public place. If you've got Practical Shooting or similar as a hobby, you might find holsters useful (obligatory?) on the range, though.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

I meant ordering items designed for concealment being illegal.

Silencers have criminal applications, so are often restricted in the US.

p.s. I was using "Europe" as a general term, although I wonder about EU attempts at law standardization.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

By Finnish standards, items designed for concealment would not be considered illegal per se, even though concealing firearms (on a public place) is illegal. I guess it's part of the logic that it's not illegal to have an open container of alcoholic drink in your vehicle while your driving as long as you are a 'designated driver' yourself.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

what if you conceal the alcohol?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

"Hide the sausage"?
Our Host!