PC Gamer UK Top 100 Games dealie!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.

Post by Guest »

Saint_Proverbius wrote: For starters, hang on to the black-comedy element that makes this series what it is. Dour gallows humor has kept us cackling through both of the previous Fallout RPGs, and it’s the glue that holds this wonderful franchise together.
ew

Post by Guest »

Definatly worthless garbage, no fallout and X-COM is 84!? And that they even MENTIONED X-COM: Enforcer in the blurb really shows how clueless they are! Also Privateer 2!? WTF the original Privateer was waaaay better then the sequal (niether as good as Elite -but still good). My guess is these guys have no sense of history (funny how the Brits always seem to say that of Americans eh?) I think PCLamer ranks games by how many free copies they recieve. Course thats why most serious gamers run down that worthless magagzine. If you want a good list of top games check out CGW's hall of fame section.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

PC Gamer and GameSpy go well together. They are the AOL of gaming. They have a lot of subscribers, but their service is utter trash and designed to appeal to morons.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Yes, i guess you could say that. PC Gamer US is okay but could be better. For god sakes they been around for 5 years. ( i know there ar older ones but i dont know) PCGUS is good In my opinion. But you are right about Gamespy. Utttercrap.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Dan wrote:The list is very bad not only because it lacked Fallout, but because it lacked some other great games (Moo, SC2, C&C, Star Craft and many others)
SC2 is star Control 2 right? Cause Ive met many n00bs who call SC:BR SC2. CNC is okay, not really spectacular.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Dark Xenomorph wrote:
Dan wrote:The list is very bad not only because it lacked Fallout, but because it lacked some other great games (Moo, SC2, C&C, Star Craft and many others)
SC2 is star Control 2 right? Cause Ive met many n00bs who call SC:BR SC2. CNC is okay, not really spectacular.
I meant Star Control 2 which is a great game.
What is SC:BR? I dont think I ever heard about it.
C&C wasn't that great but I think it deserves a place in the top 100.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Pyro wrote:
VasikkA wrote: Grim Fandango
Dungeon Keeper
eh?
Grim Fandago is good but there are other Lucasarts adventures that are much better, they deserve to be on the list.

Dungeon Keeper is an OK game but not the best one Bullfrog has done, not among the all time top 100 PC games, at least.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

If we're talking LucasArts adventure games, they need The Secret of Monkey Island. Best. Game. Ever.*

*After Fallout.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Dan wrote:What is SC:BR? I dont think I ever heard about it.
StarCraft: Brood War. It's an expansion pack for StarCraft.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Heh, I don't always get all the abbreviations either. :wink:
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Spazmo wrote:If we're talking LucasArts adventure games, they need The Secret of Monkey Island. Best. Game. Ever.
This is the first or the second? I think the first MI was better then the second.

I played all four, I actually liked the third one the most.

Sorry.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Well, Secret of Monkey Island is the first, then Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, Curse of Monkey Island, and finally, Escape from Monkey Island.

RPG Codex
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

I agree with Dan. I think Curse was the best, but 1 & 2 were a lot of fun.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Well, I think MI 1 and 2 are equal good. Curse of monkey island is better than Escape from monkey island, but the drawing style isn't so good in both games, the characters look different than in MI 1 and 2. But at least the Monkey Island humour is still there and the music. The bearded Guybrush in MI 2 is still the best Guybrush. :)
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

We should open up an insult posting thread. :P
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Ugh. I tried that once long ago, in a forum far, far away. It was just massive spam and really a waste of time. I won, though.

RPG Codex

Post by Guest »

its no wonder you won with that crazy move of sword of yours

uour hair are cool too
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

uh forgot to log in
the last post is mine :D
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Ooooh, Half-Life. I should try that game someday.

All of it's already been said, no need to further emphasize these peoples' moronity.

I'd just like to say one thing. Championship Manager is a great game, and it does deserve a place in the top100, especially considering it's a UK mag. But why they included the 00/01 at the end beats me. As if a game's greatness is measured by how new it is. Championship Manager is a great series, whether it's from 1992 or 2002.

And where on that list is my beloved Transport Tycoon?
Someone wrote:Duke Nukem Forever, Max Payne, Commandos 2, Star Wars: Galaxies, Return To Castle Wolfenstein, Neverwinter Nights, Deus Ex 2
Yup, looking forward to next year's list. Unless Half-Life takes 1st place again, we might see Max Payne topping the list... 8O
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Or, with luck, Max Payne 2.

RPG Codex
Our Host!