Batman: San Quinton

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Batman: San Quinton

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Has anyone played it? I heard its good but I don't know if its raging fan boys talking or actual gamers?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I guess you mean this: http://www.batmanarkhmasylum.com ?

Haven't really followed it's developement or anything. The early footage / screenshots shown looked pretty much like your average action adventure with beat-em-up elements.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I'll give it a whirl later on this week when I get back to my apartment.
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by spokomptonjdub »

I checked out the demo, seems pretty alright. I'm not going to spend $60 on it though, and I won't bother playing it on PC since for some reason I don't like playing 3rd person action\adventure beat-em-ups with a mouse and keyboard.

I'll wait a couple months and snag it off half.com or something.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Yeah, it seems worth a go.

I only recently read all of the Batman: No Man's Land storyline, so all the references in the demo keyed in pretty well. FYI-- NML is pretty good. Worth reading if you can take it on.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Wolfman Walt wrote:I'll give it a whirl later on this week when I get back to my apartment.
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN WALT? I MISSED YOU!
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

MR Snake wrote:
Wolfman Walt wrote:I'll give it a whirl later on this week when I get back to my apartment.
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN WALT? I MISSED YOU!
There was a riot at Northpoint Training Center. I was busy handling that and the subsequent after math of having to take in inmates at my facility.

Got the game. It's pretty good as far as I'm concerned. It's got abit of free roaming to it where you can choose to answer riddles and find shit which I find neat. Combat is abit repetetive as you only use one button to attack and one to counter and one to.......flail your cape, but is still nice to look at. I think my favorite part is that it uses almost all the voice actors from the 90's cartoon. For what it's worth, it's probably the best Batman game since the original movie game for the NES. My only problem is that it has a weird sense of Deja Vu and reminds me of work.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Oh snap, Mark Hamill's the Joker?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Yep. Mark Hamill definetly gives a stellar performance, but all the voice actors are great. Kevin Conroy's Batman is honestly to me, the best acting of batman I can think of. I only think Michael Keaton could have potentially had a better Batman, but I still prefer Conroy's.

The characters with returning voice actors from the animated series that I recognize are:
Batman, Joker, Harley Quin, Two Face, and Alfred; though I will say that the Riddler's voice work is pretty close to how I remember the series. The game feels more based off the series than anything, though I've never really read alot of batman comics, so I can't say too much.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Yeah, I feel Conroy is the best for it too. The voice seemed a bit different though... must be the change from time. Then again, I don't watch the Justic League cartoon, and I think he voices Batsy in that too. They've got that random Cartoon Network guy doing the voice for Gordon... kind of disappointing but not enough that it draws from anything else.

Considering how well Hamill delivers on the Joker role, and how badly Star Wars fucked up the future of his career, I think he'll be doing all non-movie voice performances they'll ever need.

EDIT: Played it, beat it. Some stupidass glitch stopped me from getting the last of 240 little riddles for Question man. Frustrating. Otherwise, it's an awesome game. Also-- the difference I mentioned in Conroy's voice must only be present in the demo. Couldn't really notice it in the game at large.

Just about all the characters have had slight redesigns, but it's well done; especially Scarecrow, who looks even a bit more menacing than before. Bane, however, seemed to have somewhat-weak writing; they didn't really include anything about him post-Toxin withdrawl, even though the game was mostly centered around that element. Otherwise, there are a lot of little details that really make the game memorable.

Tasty.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I ordered this game like 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived and I suspect USPS lost my package or delivered it to someone else. The tracking says that it was mis-routed but hasn't move from the same location for about a week. I'll have to call monday and raise hell.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Manoil wrote: Some stupidass glitch stopped me from getting the last of 240 little riddles for Question man.
You should just be able to "Continue Game" and get the last of em.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

No. Did that. No dice-- 239/240 riddles.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

What's the last one you need and what's stopping you from getting it?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Puzzling indeed.
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

I'm thinking of buying this for the Xbox for my roomie as a birthday present.
Yes, no, maybe?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Tingel Tangel wrote:I'm thinking of buying this for the Xbox for my roomie as a birthday present.
Yes, no, maybe?
Only if you accept him going Sandberg on you and jizzing his pants
Wolfman Walt wrote:What's the last one you need and what's stopping you from getting it?
Like I said, I got all the maps, combed through the entire game. The riddler checklists say I'm done, but the total reads 239 of 240. No achievement, no lulz... only sorrow.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

That didn't answer my question. I wasn't asking for circumstances, I was asking what is the final one you're missing? Is it the last Arkham Chronicle or what?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

It's fun, rather repetitive, but combat is indeed beautiful. Gadgets and widgets are entertaining for awhile. Some of the boss fights are just aggravating, all in all if you have the money and are bored go for it, but you aren't missing anything groundbreaking by waiting a year for it to be half the price.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Wolfman Walt wrote:That didn't answer my question. I wasn't asking for circumstances, I was asking what is the final one you're missing? Is it the last Arkham Chronicle or what?
I did answer your question.

I hit every riddle.
EVERY SINGLE RIDDLE.

Game didn't count one of them.
Our Host!