Section 8

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Section 8

Post by Stainless »

The first time I saw stuff for this, it looked like a pile of shit. Then I read up a bit more on the mechanics and stuff (I was bored), and it actually got me semi-interested, sounding like a mix of Tribes and Planetside. Anyone else played it at all and care to save me (once again) some money on a potentially terrible game.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Dont bother.

I played the beta and it sucked.

Think bf2142 but less fun.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

The AI is ridiculously bad.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I never played bf2142.

is the AI a factor in multiplayer? Since that's what this game seems to be prevalent on.
Flaser
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Flaser »

I played the (mutliplayer) beta and I kinda liked it.

I tend to be put off by FPS multi as they are twitch-fests. Never played Tribes though (which is what everybody and your uncle compares Section 8 with). However with Section 8 you can be achieve a good score and be a valid part of a team without m4d sk1lls of twitch-fest.

Just having a good head on your shoulders and actually thinking about a bit of strategy and tactics help and the game rewards those who consistently go after objectives.
"Wer nicht von dreitausend Jahren
Sich weißźRechenschaft zu geben,
Bleim im Dunkeln unerfahren
Mag von Tag zu Tage leben." - Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Hard Light Productions - Bringing Modders Together
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Stainless wrote:I never played bf2142.

is the AI a factor in multiplayer? Since that's what this game seems to be prevalent on.
Try Red Factions Gerilla. At least here you can pretty much destroy everything and get new hammers as you play!
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Honestly, RF:G had me pretty excited (as far as any video game can make me excited today. ie; I look at a couple of videos and news updates on it), and I might one day pick it up.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Stainless wrote:Honestly, RF:G had me pretty excited (as far as any video game can make me excited today. ie; I look at a couple of videos and news updates on it), and I might one day pick it up.
Well, sniping is out, the only sniper available is pretty useless as you cannot hit anyone but the hammer rules. Is always an insta kill and with the bonus packs you can pick up, such as stealth or fleetfoot (makes you run faster than Susan when she finds out there are free snicker giveaways in the street) and so hammering people is fun.

Also you get to destroy shit, there is a I dont know, magnetic bomb available you can put in a house and make the house come down on enemies.. always great fun.

Try team bagman, that is the best part so far.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Give me more info on section 8. I know enough about RF:G and the topic is deviating. Vehicles? Jetpacks shitty? Is it like Planetside with updated graphics in relation to outposts and shit? :sadblinky:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

It's eerily similar to Saints Row 2, with cardboard buidlings and indestructable terrain, and a soporific, rather than batshit narrative. :drunk:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Blargh wrote:It's eerily similar to Saints Row 2, with cardboard buidlings and indestructable terrain, and a soporific, rather than batshit narrative. :drunk:
I would likely shit out my brain if I saw you playing Saints
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

I though section 8 was ok. It was cool to be able to deploy or call in equipment when needed throguh the use of points. But it got kinda boring. I didnt like the combat system, it didnt feel as if i was shooting them. i didnt play through all the single player, just a bunch of skirmishes.

I dont recommend it.
Our Host!