District 9

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Dogmeatlives wrote:don't fuck with kashluk, ladies and gentlemen. He's on the ball!
My thoughts exactly
Tarawr
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Tarawr »

I thought it was pretty good. There were a few things that they could have done differently to make it better, but that goes with everything.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Kashluk wrote:
Flaser wrote:- that's a comparison that's made way too often. It's not accurate.
And exactly *why* is it not? I'm afraid you did not analyse my arguments any further in your post, at all, but instead went 'off-topic', so to speak. I wish you'd concentrate on what are the actual differences between left-wing and right-wing authoritarianism in practice? And by this I mean the differences from the viewpoint of individual liberties and civil rights?
the difference is very simple: you either right-wink or left-wink :drunk:

btw lol @ the impressionability :flamed:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Pretty great flick. Best sci-fi i've seen in years perhaps... honestly i really only noticed the gaping plot holes now that they've been pointed out in this thread. I guess i didnt pay to much attention while watching. I think it was Aanoran who stated earlier that the message was weak or something, but its the most message I've seen in a long while.

The point of sci-fi, imo, is to confront us with our place in the universe. This flick did a great job of that. I'm betting against a sequel. Peter Jackson produced and he seems to be more concerned with the integrity of the flick and not just cash-ola. Also the director prolly wouldnt come back as he is a rising star who isnt likely to wanna get stuck in one series.

I can kinda see where you guys would get the sequel thing from but eh... I doubt it. Goodnight beauties.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i kind of watched it last week but me and my pal just did bad saaaf afrikun accents for most of it then someone got shot in the head with a rocket. i didnt mind the mutation thing but, why his arm jeez. if i have cancer and i burn my arm my arm doesnt turn into cancer so thats my scientific belief that this movie is phoney
:chew:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Tarawr wrote:I thought it was pretty good. There were a few things that they could have done differently to make it better, but that goes with everything.
Magnificent murkyness!

The rotundity of your locution obliquely illuminates yet obscures!

hip-ho!
Cheerio!

:drunk:
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I finally saw District 9 on my flight to the UK the other day. It was really good, but a few things seemed a bit pointless like when the guy knocks out the alien when he won't fix him right then and there. It just causes more trouble than it's worth.

They do need to make a sequel and soon though.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Our Host!