NWN Fallout Mod

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Crow of Ill Omen
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

NWN Fallout Mod

Post by Crow of Ill Omen »

(sorry, I'm not quite sure where to put this one)

Put aside for a moment any latent aggression towards D&D or negative feelings arising from the NWN SP campaign. As I understand it, some quite significant adaptations can be made of NWN, encompassing visual and rule issues. Would this put a Fallout Mod within the grasp of fans?

I'm thinking maybe we would need to do the following:
  • New tile set and models
  • Change the feats and skills
  • Implement guns for combat
I have no idea whether these things are feasible or even possible. Does anyone else know?

If they are, potentially the following things come within our reach:
  • Ability for many of us to contribute Fallout modules
  • A Fallout persistent online world
Bear in mind, I freely admit my ignorance on this one, so don't need any flaming to point it out, and that I suggest this out of a desire to see Fallout in our futures.
Sqawk
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

this is meant to go into the fallout mods forum near the bottom of the index
:chew:
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

But I doubt many people would see it if it was there though (maybe). Sounds like a good way to get some actual gameplay out of the $60 NWN that I was foolish enough to buy :(
Crow of Ill Omen
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Crow of Ill Omen »

Have you tried downloading some modules? Some of them are quite good or promising.

There is a port of the oringal Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds, and there is a popular set of parody modules called Penultima.

Pyro, thanks for that. I saw that forum but thought it was for people to relate place where they have seen existing mods. I'm an idiot.
Sqawk
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Yeah I guess I'm gonna have to try some modules, but a FO themed one would still be nice.
GooChunks
Regular
Regular

Post by GooChunks »

that is an awesome idea i would definately downlad it like many other people would also you should definatly look into it that would be awesome
Our Host!