F3 DLC

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Devil_Starr666
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

F3 DLC

Post by Devil_Starr666 »

Anyone download Broken Steele or Point-Lookout yet? Op:Ancourage sucked and The Pitt should have been longer.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

what for?
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

I'd have deleted this thread.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

me too
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Broken Steel makes you wonder why the rest of the game couldn't be written by someone who knows how to write dialog or understands basic human emotion. Point Lookout is a lot like running around shooting hillbillies with a plot that in no way resembles anything close to Fallout, though it does have a pretty neat hallucination scene that makes you wish they had done more shit like Tranquility Lane, Vault 92 and the part I just mentioned.

I'm sure mothership Zeta will be a lot like shooting hillbillies in space, with the notable and ground breaking experience of wearing samurai armor while Lincoln asks you to let him borrow his repeater rifle. This, of course, will be the triumphant return to old-style Fallout, as Bethesda claims they're being hilarious and living up to the mirth of the first two installments, while everything in the game will be presented with no trace of humor.

tl;dr: If you're not a fucking moron you would have seen a game of the year edition or some such other nonsense with all the DLC bundled in on the horizon, and then simply pirated the game and the add-ons while you waited to snag it for $20 out of a bargain bin.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Heart Attack and Whine wrote:tl:dr:
I contend that a non-fucking-moron would not play Fallout 3 or resultant DLC in any form, for any reason. Ehue. :drunk:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Blargh wrote:
Heart Attack and Whine wrote:tl:dr:
I contend that a non-fucking-moron would not play Fallout 3 or resultant DLC in any form, for any reason. Ehue. :drunk:
I would contend that you can suck it dry.
- the Vault Dweller
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Ahahaha, banality. :drunk:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Blargh wrote:anal
- the Vault Dweller
Shitheap
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Shitheap »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Blargh wrote:anal
"This game sucks, Beavis!"

Also, Broken Steel kills off the one good thing in the entire game just because they couldn't figure out how to make the Enclave a credible threat with him still in the picture. And where the fuck did they get control of an orbital missile station? How is it still functional after 200 years of micro-meteorite impacts and no telemetry data to correct the resulting orbit disturbances?
God damn. This game goes way beyond suspension of disbelief.

edit:
<a retard
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Shitheap wrote: Also, Broken Steel kills off the one good thing in the entire game just because they couldn't figure out how to make the Enclave a credible threat with him still in the picture.
If you're referring to Liberty Prime as a "good thing," then you're retarded. It's the ultimate example of the "let's go get 'em boys!" nonsense that plagues the entire product.

Broken Steel is just as absurd, illogical, and not real Fallout as much as the main game is. If you'd notice in the main game, there's orbital missile strikes, and I'd buy the Enclave being able to call in strikes if a satellite happened to drift overhead - as stupid as that is - before I bought the idea of Brotherhood of Steel that acts nothing like BoS, a powergrid that's been functioning for 200 years with no maintenance, cars that explode into miniature nuclear fireballs when shot, most locations having running water, treasures like stuff belonging to Abraham Lincoln not having been looted since the war, and a whole host of other things.

All I simply said was whoever wrote the dialog in Broken Steel was a hell of a lot better at it than Bethesda's lead writer who slapped most of the game together.
- the Vault Dweller
Shitheap
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Shitheap »

If you couldn't see Liberty Prime for the hilarious parody it was, you need to stop taking things so seriously.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Shitheap wrote:If you couldn't see Liberty Prime for the hilarious parody it was, you need to stop taking things so seriously.
You mean a funny symbol of how over the top US government fear of communists in the 50s was?

Doctor Strangelove was the first in a long line of things that did it better. Like everything else in the game, it's a third-rate ripoff. As a plot device, it's deus ex machina, and the dialog felt like it was written as follows:

Brotherhood soldier: oh noes teh enclave is biggerer than us!
Brotherhood scribe: oh look we haev liek this giant robot keke
Bortherhood soldier: lolz
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

:Retlaw83 highfive:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Retlaw83 wrote:As a plot device, it's deus ex machina
I concur. If the Enclave would've at least managed to destroy it close to the end, it would've brought back 'balance' in things. Now it jus feels like the DC Brotherhood of Steel is a bunch of retarded cuckoos who own the only WMD / doomsday device left in the post-apocalyptic wastelands. And they're the good guys, so you can't kill them.

Can I join in your high-five-gang-bang?
Our Host!