Fallout targeting Problems... Is it a bug....?

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
Nerv322
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout targeting Problems... Is it a bug....?

Post by Nerv322 »

Recently started playing the original fallout and it seems my character cannot target enemies, it just won't give me the icon when I right click. I created a new character and right clicked in unarmed and I can. If I load my saved game from the newgame with targeting mode enabled I can use it my save game but I soon as I disable it I can not re-enable it. anybody else had this problem?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I haven't heard of that bug before. Aimed shots are disabled with some weapons(burst) and also if your character has got the Fast Shot trait, but other than that I can't figure out what the problem is. Install the latest patch if you already haven't done so.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Yeah most likely fast shot perk :noob:.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Nerv322
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Nerv322 »

hmmm... seems to be bugged out the current game I am playing. even though the intial traits I chose were bloody mess and finesse, highlighting finiese shows fast shot on the right. In my karma also says child killer but highlighted it says berserker. Strange, but starting a new character seems to have solved it. But having this bug showed me by loadig a charcter with targting enabled and then loading a charcter with fast shot alows you to target, so as long as you don't disable it. lol.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

That's just odd.

Just to avoid even more screwups try not to save/load during combat.

Also it seems like linked lists have become mismatched, like getting the teeth wrong on a zipper.
Mebbe replace some .dlls?
Our Host!