Fallout 3 in comics

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Preacher
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout 3 in comics

Post by Preacher »

Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Re: Fallout 3 in comics

Post by Manoil »

Tasty.
I don't know about using the robot, but if someone just so happened to be motivated, the target is here.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

I guess the Bethesda team got the day off?
Cow Cud is a twin.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Hrm I was able to quit FO3. However, I can't bring myself around to uninstalling it for different reasons.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

MadBill wrote:Hrm I was able to quit FO3. However, I can't bring myself around to uninstalling it for different reasons.
Too lazy?
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Among others :bored:
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

:Nostalgia:

St. Toxic wrote:Hear you can see how radiated AI influences dialogue optionz and also maybe choizes and consequences. It is all very next gen, because you do not really know what reaction you will get. Sometimes you might even change the whole game by selecting different dialogue options ok?

Here we have discovered a fiendish plot to undermine the economy of the United Wastelands of America! What to do with that information is, as you can see, entirely up to the playar:

Now we have for this test selected option A, that is the topmost option, and we come to a completely different situation as you can see here:

This is what true CRPG is all about! You do now know what will happen next, because the world is so living and breathing like real world ok?
St. Toxic wrote:Here we can all see how non dialogue skills have an effect on the dialogue! It is very next gen, so I understand if some of you are sceptical to the idea, but hear me out ok? I will show you with examples.

First example, we have a guy with high Gun skill. Remember how we had 3 gun skills in fallout, like big gun and small gun? Well it's one skill now because, lol, it's too much work with 3 GUN SKILLS! I mean jeez it's overkill? So we have this 1 gunskill, and have maxed it out on the character, watch:

Now this is one of the more fleshed out npc characters as you can see. He sometimes tells funny jokes and one time ( spoiler alert ) he will save you from a terrible danger, but I won't say what that danger is. :snicker:

So ok, now we have the same character but with high SCIENCE skill. Science is now basicly all skills except GUN because it's stupid having outdoorsman and bartering and electroncis like in Fallout all being separate, when it is all SCIENCE afterall right? So look, high Science skills:

See? The game world changes with you! It is very open ended obviously, because Bethesda is good at that, doing open free worlds with no constraints. So it is pretty good. I am probably not supposed to say this, but what I saw from the sekrit tech demo it was possible to join both the BOSS and the ENCLAVE like it was with Fallout 2 maffia wars in New Reno!! We should be very excited.
St. Toxic wrote:Anyways, I developed some more screenshits today. It's very exciting stuff you guys, because now I will show you a bit of questing from Fallout 3: The Mutant Army. There was some complaint about how quest was unintuative or unoriginal or something I'm not sure, in Oblivion, but I think it was alright actually? Well, in any case you can certainly tell they have fixed it in this time, so enjoy this sequence it will show some npc interaction and quest mechanicz and also you will get to see journal so scroll down and peep eh.

You will notice there is an exclamation over the head, it is to show that he has quest to give ok? So that no one gets confused and starts talking with unimportant npcs because it's a waste of time fyi.

Ok now we're really getting into the roleplay action here. :hot:

Haha those guys at Bethesda sure know how to spice things up. There is a movie reference in the dialague, so you know, but it is pretty obscure, I had to ask to find out myself. Can you guess what it is? ;)

It is too obvious that Fallout 3 surpasses the first Fallout and even Tactics with being the most dialogue heavy game in the series. If you are new to rpg's there is a feature (not shown in picture) of removing the dialogue and just get pop-up info of what you need to do, so that you do not get confused by all this text. I know it ruined Fallout 2 and Tactics for many of you because of all the text and quest instructions, so now you do not have to worry.

And here is the journal, in the form of a piplog or whatever it was called. Here you can find some info on what you need to do to get cracking, but I'm sure you all know how it works even if it is a bit innovative.

Anyways, that's about it I think. There are still some low quality screenshots left which I will have to Phoboshop before I can upload, because they do not do the game justice and I do not want to misrepresent a beautiful game you know. Hope you enjoy the extra info and also I think I should probably warn that this contains spoilers but probably stupid to put that at the bottom of the page oh well.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

you should rename yourself yo Saint-Toxic yo
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Those are still as awesome as ever, you should make more comics, hombre B)
Waferthinmint
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Waferthinmint »

Juging by this you don't even bother knowing about the stuff you fail to make fun of.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

butthurt bethesda fanboy esf refugee detected
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Hrm, having plaied the shit, I say its pretty accurate rendition. Butthurt hurts eh?
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Waferthinmint wrote:Juging by this you don't even bother knowing about the stuff you fail to make fun of.
Judging by this, I seem to have struck a nerve. Mission complete.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

St. Toxic, funny stuff.
Cow Cud is a twin.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Yeah, he pretty much captured the spirit of Fallout 3 even before it was released. :salute:
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

St. Toxic wrote:
Waferthinmint wrote:Juging by this you don't even bother knowing about the stuff you fail to make fun of.
Judging by this, I seem to have struck a nerve. Mission complete.
VasikkA wrote:Yeah, he pretty much captured the spirit of Fallout 3 even before it was released. :salute:
rad resistance wrote:St. Toxic, funny stuff.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Shucks, thanks guys. The pressure is on to make more comics, I guess. :aiee:
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Totes magotes, mango
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

apple bananna Pie.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

VasikkA wrote:Yeah, he pretty much captured the spirit of Fallout 3 even before it was released. :salute:
Q.F.E.

It's shocking how accurate those predictions were.
Our Host!