Pimpin' those Fallout sites

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kreegle
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Pimpin' those Fallout sites

Post by Kreegle »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

I received the following e-mail:<blockquote><em><b>To:</b> Kreegle@duckandcover.net<br><b>Subject:</b> Fallout site promo?<br><br>I saw that you promoted a new fallout site...I was wondering if we could get a little line or two about Vault52? <a href="http://www.vault52.net " target="_blank">www.vault52.net</a> what do ya say?<br><br>AltraWave7</em></blockquote><a href="http://www.vault52.net" target="_blank">I say yes.</a> Keep up the good work with Vault52, AltraWave7... it's very nice indeed, and I highly recommend that everyone go and check it out.
AltraWave7
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by AltraWave7 »

Just want to say thanks... :)

--------------
I'll have your money Tuesday!
--------------
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Great site, by the way.

Are you working on a Fallout VRML?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Wow, it's been upgraded since my last visit. :)
A nice V13 style forum and everything...
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Umm, y'shoulb probably credit Phil inthere somewhere, it is his site after all.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

Yes, yes V52 looks good, but I still don't see the point to the vault thing.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

spyder07 wrote:Yes, yes V52 looks good, but I still don't see the point to the vault thing.
One day my friend, it will all become clear. One day. One day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
PP666
SDF!
SDF!

Post by PP666 »

Well, I'll try to explain what V52 is all about. It has three major goals:

- there is the 'game' part. It tells the story of V52, not just another vault in the fallout universe. It is possible (or will be, in the new version) to create your own character using the fallout rules (traits, skills, .. - no perks yet), log in with your username and password, and play as your character. As you receive quests and solve them, you will get experience and gain levels. As you hack more computers, read more books, and explore the vault further, the story slowly unfolds, until you discover the truth.

- the second goal is to provide an interface into a far more complex world. There will be lots of books to read, lots of hidden servers to explore, vaultnet sites, games, ...

- and then there is the community. Sit back in the vault and relax, chat, discuss, help people in need, look for 'world domination plan' members, ..

Those are the three goals for V52. There still is a lot of work to do, but
hey, Rome wasn't built in one day either ;)
Off course, there is a fourth 'plan'. It also helps me develloping my flash/java/php skills, and also serves as a reference. But that's only for the technical side of the vault.

We are still looking for more content (non-quest/story related), eg. stories, manuals, vaultnet sites (very important), or anything else you can think of. We got a lot of great idea's, but not always time or manpower. So if you want to join, please feel free to do so ;)
'Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipio ..'
Our Host!