Bastards.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Bastards.

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Last night my car was broken into. The only things stolen were my external hard drive and my jacket. I admit, it was a chilly night, but you guys know my girth..They probably look like an idiot in my jacket.

So they left the laptop. They left my iPod. They left my stack of CDs and my "designer" sunglasses (which my students assure me they are willing to steal if I leave them on a table). They took my hard drive and a jacket.

This hard drive is 1 week old. I had just backed up my entire school computer and other school-related external hard drive to it. It has nothing but educational videos, origami, papercrafts, and school related printables. Except one folder...That folder has scans of my transcripts, birth certificate, teaching certificate, driver's license and Social Security card. You'd be surprised how often as a teacher I need to have all those things handy to e-mail to the higher-ups.

So we filed a police report. Turns out a few other vehicles (all the same make, model, and color) were broken into last night with nothing stolen.

It seems this person was after my school hard drive and nothing else.

So what do you think? One of my former students? One of my current student's parents? It'd have to be someone who was just interested in the neat school crap I had on the drive...Obviously none of the students or anyone else for that matter would know my personal info was stored on it. Also, I'm pretty sure I was followed at least most of the way home yesterday from school. The truck turned down a street three blocks from my street, but what a coincidence they made it 14 miles right behind me before turning off.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Just got a call from the wife. The police gave her a call and she just picked up my hard drive. It was found in the bushes at one of the other houses that had their car broken into.

Apparently they just wanted my jacket as it has yet to be found.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Re: Bastards.

Post by PiP »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:So they left the laptop. They left my iPod. They left my stack of CDs and my "designer" sunglasses (which my students assure me they are willing to steal if I leave them on a table). They took my hard drive and a jacket.
must be pollocks D;
ExtremeDrinker wrote: Turns out a few other vehicles (all the same make, model, and color) were broken into last night with nothing stolen
you crossed somebody and they're cooking a nasty nasty thing with your personal details in revenge!
ExtremeDrinker wrote:Apparently they just wanted my jacket as it has yet to be found.
Fetishist student? Male or female I'm wondering..
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

man ... your students would so fail in the wastelands
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Goretheglowingone wrote:man ... your students would so fail in the wastelands
Actually, in a post-apocalyptic situation, I would also prefer a nice jacket over an iPod.
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

Kashluk wrote:
Goretheglowingone wrote:man ... your students would so fail in the wastelands
Actually, in a post-apocalyptic situation, I would also prefer a nice jacket over an iPod.
im talking about the dumb shit not takeing the rest of the shit, it's just
so fucking retarded.
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

well as you said, it was a chilly night. Maybe they mistook the harddrive for a lunchbox or thermos or something
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

You're fortunate that they did not pry it apart searching for soup ? :drunk:
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Blargh wrote:You're fortunate that they did not pry it apart searching for soup ? :drunk:
Funny you should mention that. The drive still works, but whoever took it did indeed try to open it up. It's got lots of scratches now. Maybe they thought it was an iPhone, or something. It's the right size with a glossy finish.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

You pull any April Fool's jokes on your students this year?
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

senisterdenister wrote:You pull any April Fool's jokes on your students this year?
Demand a blowjob from a student or you will fail him and tell every other teacher whom you are good friends with to fail him.

Then once the police comes, APRIL FOOLS! HAHAHA
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

MR Snake wrote:
senisterdenister wrote:You pull any April Fool's jokes on your students this year?
Demand a blowjob from a student or you will fail him
Why does it have to be a boy?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

It's not necessarily gay, though. :rolleyes:
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by spokomptonjdub »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:Last night my car was broken into. The only things stolen were my external hard drive and my jacket. I admit, it was a chilly night, but you guys know my girth..They probably look like an idiot in my jacket.

So they left the laptop. They left my iPod. They left my stack of CDs and my "designer" sunglasses (which my students assure me they are willing to steal if I leave them on a table). They took my hard drive and a jacket.

This hard drive is 1 week old. I had just backed up my entire school computer and other school-related external hard drive to it. It has nothing but educational videos, origami, papercrafts, and school related printables. Except one folder...That folder has scans of my transcripts, birth certificate, teaching certificate, driver's license and Social Security card. You'd be surprised how often as a teacher I need to have all those things handy to e-mail to the higher-ups.

So we filed a police report. Turns out a few other vehicles (all the same make, model, and color) were broken into last night with nothing stolen.

It seems this person was after my school hard drive and nothing else.

So what do you think? One of my former students? One of my current student's parents? It'd have to be someone who was just interested in the neat school crap I had on the drive...Obviously none of the students or anyone else for that matter would know my personal info was stored on it. Also, I'm pretty sure I was followed at least most of the way home yesterday from school. The truck turned down a street three blocks from my street, but what a coincidence they made it 14 miles right behind me before turning off.
I would say it's a student. Next time you teach put them in lockdown and turn the heat up in the room, then use the intercom to tell them the culprit need only come forward, and it will all be over; they will give each other up, and you can then enact retribution with extreme prejudice.

On another note, I feel your pain. My car was broken into in December. It had just snowed about 18 inches in one night, so I got a ride home from work because there is no way my 2-inches off the ground-rear wheel drive car would have made it home. The next day, when the roads had been plowed, I got a ride to my car and noticed the passenger window had been smashed out.

At first I thought maybe it was snow buildup or something, but then I looked inside and saw they had stolen my CD Deck WITH NO FUCKING FACEPLATE (I had removed it and taken it home with me) my high-school ratty sunglasses, and 73 cents in change (!). They left my iPod alone, and all my CDs, and my $400 speaker system.

After I filed the police report they told me that there were several calls the night before about a group of two guys wandering that area and looking in the snowbound cars. Apparently they broke into a few.

So basically they got a 4 year old faceplate-less CD Deck, some nearly broken sunglasses, and not even enough loose change to buy a damn soda. Meanwhile I got a broken window, a screwed up alarm system, and a ravaged dash (they didn't know how to remove the stereo).
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Wolfman Walt wrote:
MR Snake wrote:
Demand a blowjob from a student or you will fail him
Why does it have to be a boy?
Could be a girl.

Demand a blowjob from a student or you will fail them? Is that the appropriate word so Walt and his gaydar does not go off? Having gaydar means you are gay by the way.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

spokomptonjdub wrote:I would say it's a student. Next time you teach put them in lockdown and turn the heat up in the room, then use the intercom to tell them the culprit need only come forward, and it will all be over; they will give each other up, and you can then enact retribution with extreme prejudice.
We achieve victory or defeat as a team. :che:
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Probably a deranged parent upset that their retard isn't getting a's...parents can get quite crazy when their little stains aren't outperforming everyone else's, regardless of effort or aptitude.
...signatures? WTF?
zerotol
Regular
Regular

Post by zerotol »

Stealing things is wrong man, WRONG I TELL U
Now i am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
You want a piece of me boy? Fight me!
Exiled from RPGcodex
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

zerotol wrote:Stealing things is wrong man, WRONG I TELL U
Go kill yourself.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare