FO3 Usermods (many compatible with New Vegas)

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Retlaw83 wrote:Kind of pointless with New Vegas coming out Tuesday, isn't it?

The quicker Fallout 3 is made a useless product by the superiority of Obsidian's work, the better.
I like the sound of that though I'm still not too sure of the validity of it.
I have to wait until the 22nd and I hope I see some decent feedback in the meantime.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

The quicker Fallout 3 is made a useless product by the superiority of Obsidian's work, the better.
Quite the opposite. The majority of these are compatible with Fallout NV because it uses the same engine. This will still be of some use post-NV release.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Manoil wrote:

Quite the opposite. The majority of these are compatible with Fallout NV because it uses the same engine. This will still be of some use post-NV release.
If you really think anyone gives a shit....
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Stalagmite wrote:
Manoil wrote:

If you really think anyone gives a shit....
Someone does. Personally, I just like archiving things I think might have some value in future moddings of FO3 or additions to NV, as well as things I think had a great deal of work put into them and deserve that recognition.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Great thread Manoil and I really like how you have categorised them. I might actually give this abomination a try because of this thread.
Is there a mod that will make me like the game though?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Frater Perdurabo wrote: Is there a mod that will make me like the game though?
The closest I found was the mod that lets you eat the baby in the Pitt, but that was only one moment out of a mind-numbingly long game.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Guys.

I kiled half of River City at level 10. Then because I changed clothes everyone like me. Im talking to the person whos husband I killed. She is my friend.

My character is aroused by this. Am I projecting?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

You're projecting about as much as women who read Twilight that like Bella. Your character, being utterly devoid of character, is there for you to project your raging boners for the wives of the men you murdered onto.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:Great thread Manoil and I really like how you have categorised them. I might actually give this abomination a try because of this thread.
Is there a mod that will make me like the game though?
Thanks. It's about 1.5 years old now, made thread of the year last December, if I'm not mistaken.

Snake had made a similar statement, but I would say that getting it to a point where you like it depends really on what you're looking for. What kind of gameplay do you want? Settlement creation? Harder, unique, and more frequent foes? New weapons and ammo are aplenty, but there's a great deal more than that. Identify what you're interested in and I can help you with some recommendations.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

I really enjoyed the Mutate creature mod. Even though I think I messed up the graphics a bit by installing them in the wrong order or something (installed a couple of other mods ontop).

It's great because it makes the game harder, shit spawns more random. Animals eat weaker animals not of their breed. Uhm...harder spawns spawn despite you being level 1 like in F2 and basicly it makes Oblivion with guns less Oblivion.

Ofcourse I also liked the weather mod. You get some snow, some rain and stuff sometimes. And if you really want to make it rough on yourself you can make the rain acid. The problem though is that they weren't able (guess why?) to make the rain stop inside various buildings you enter. To make the structure stop it.

So to avoid acid rain you have to get into a building that's a seperate instance. Like your house in Megaton or the Super duper mart.

The other big mod I installed and that I really liked was the IMCN. It adds effects to food shortage, sleep shortage and water shortagee. Also adds slight positive effects when you're well rested for example.

So the Weather mod, the mutated creatures mod and the IMCN.

I also checked out some of the V13 remakes and such and they look really good but I didn't want to install them since I wanted to play through the game as clean as posisble while still not being bored.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Did you use this thread to find mods to experiment with, or did you find them at Nexus by browsing?
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

I found them here.

edit: So yeah you already got those added ;)

You call them differently, I guess so that first time users can easily distinguish the mods and understand what they are about:
Critter Variance / Mutations** Varying Weather* Hunger/Thirst/Fatigue*
Our Host!