recommend a good TV series

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Breaking Bad is based on Antimeasure's autobiography. True story.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

What, pistol whipping mexicans?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

ricin
rice n beans?
ricin

LOL :)
:chew:
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

senisterdenister wrote:That show's still on?
Not entirely sure...haven't had cable now for ~6 years...just grabbed all 4 seasons from the magic box though.
...signatures? WTF?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I started watching Breaking Bad when it first got aired here, and didn't mind it, till I missed 2-3 episodes in a row and thought "fuck it". It's like watching the start and end of Dexter :s
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

its worth watching all of them perhaps? i like it better than mad men.
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

The only shows i watch are on hulu, because i am too poor to get tv. Most of them are pretty lame, but entertaining anyway. I don't really have high expectations for tv shows anymore.

Southland is kinda good though. I've always liked cop shows and procedural drama stuff. Homicide is an older show from before Law & Order and it's one of the better shows I've seen from the genre.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Megatron wrote:league of gentlemen
Watched some of it. It's good, but I prefer my english humour a little bit more eccentric. It's like watching The Goon Show after you've seen every single Monty Python episode, it just doesn't deliver.
On another note, have been watching quite a bit of Blackadder recently, got through seasons 1 and 2. Overall, I'd say that season 1 way better, but some episodes in season 2 are really good as well.
I hate the queen character in season 2 and a lot of the humour is very slapstick, really shows that it wasn't written by Rowan Atkinson.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

the queen is sexy though. shes a sexy queen.

how do you mean by eccentric? like people dropping eggs out of instruments and fake facial hair? groovy. maybe try some jam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQm9sZnvH3g
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Caleb wrote:Can't believe i forgot...but MXC!
Guy LeDouche FTW!

Lesgediton!
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

kvnt
SDF!
SDF!

Post by kvnt »

Entourage
Arrested Development (stay away from the third season)

I liked "rescue me" for a while also
fallout 3 is dog shit
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Entourage and Rescue Me BOTH have gone completely to shit. Entourage is intolerable for the first season, but gets good in the second and third (and 3 pt. 2?). Rescue Me was golden for 2 or 3 seasons as well.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

What Aonaran said. I fucking loved Rescue Me for 2 seasons. Somewhere in the 3rd season, you realized that it started going down the shitter and I didn't even start with season 4.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Terminator the sarah connor bla bla bla got cancelled XD

Summer Glau is hot, this was the only reason I watched the show.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

And I can't really emphasize enough just how shitty Entourage has been for the last two seasons, and presumably whatever season they are currently on. It took them a whole season to find their footing, they managed to keep it for about 3 seasons despite a few banana peels but then managed to step on one too many and ride that fucker all the way to the bottom of the LCD valley.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

I only just got into Robot Chicken, but if I'm watching TV that late at night it's because I'm stoned, anything seems funny.

I really miss Mystery Science Theater 3000 too.

Have been digging Classic Boxing on ESPN, I love watching those old Tyson fights from the Path to Glory days or whatever Don King billed it as. Brutal shit that I was too young to appreciate fully when I saw them as a kid. Guy was a fucking beast, but an accident waiting to happen. When he had people around him like Cus D'Amato, Teddy Atlas and Kevin Rooney to keep his head on straight he was like a force of nature. Once he got fame, money and leeches like Robin Givens and Don King around him he just fell apart
Tyson going to jail pretty much killed any interest I had in boxing. Too bad, it was a great sport in it's heyday.
I love those 80s/90s middle weights Hearns, Hagler, Sugar Ray, that spic stone hands umm.... Duran, Camacho, Vinny Pazienza.
MMA has pretty much made boxing obsolete now.

And yeah, Rescue Me has turned into a bad soap opera with some pretty ridiculous twist just for their own sake.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

MMA has pretty much gone to shit. Since they started the fucking reality shows...it's really fallen off. The actual fights/paperview shit is pretty good but the rest...almost like prowrestling. That and the massive following is...pathetic to say the least.
...signatures? WTF?
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Caleb wrote:MMA has pretty much gone to shit. Since they started the fucking reality shows...it's really fallen off. The actual fights/paperview shit is pretty good but the rest...almost like prowrestling. That and the massive following is...pathetic to say the least.
Yeah I have to say I really loved loved the 1st 10 UFCs, they had no idea what they were doing and the disparity in size/talent/style led to some incredibly wild asskickings.

Like Keith Hackney vs. that 600lb jigaboo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zhQb_nkR0U
That was some good shit.

Now everybody is a jiujitsu/muythai hybrid. Nobody stands out like before.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

That was a fucking awesome fight. I miss all the Wrestling vs Karate/Muay thai vs. jiu-jitsu/boxing vs TKD shit that they used to do.

And yeah...bjj/muay thai works quite well...well enough that it's really all that's used now. It's nice to see the sport evolve and new shit pop up but...it's really not as interesting at all to watch.
...signatures? WTF?
Our Host!