Firearms

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Firearms

Post by popscythe »

Why hello to my respected colleagues,

I love asking this on the internet, because invariably somebody gets wicked fucking pissed off and puts on their tophat and starts some shit.

So, here goes. I'm an American Citizen and live in a state with little gun control (Oregon). Upon examination of myself, I realized that I have not been flexing my right to keep and bear arms as heavily as I should have been.

Now it's time. After much review of various internet sources, I have been thinking of purchasing a hi-point handgun in either 9mm or .45 (I'd prefer .45 but only if I can get cheap ammo for it to practice with, which it seems that I can from the wide world of internet) and a Mosin Nagant in 7.62. Both weapons are cheap and have received very good review online despite the price point (of course the price is low on the two for different reasons). The reason I picked these two is that I figured that if the chinese zombie infantry invades while I'm still practicing, at least I've been practicing with something that can still remove some poor fucker asap if needed.

What's the opinion of Mos Eisley? That's you guys, btw. This site should have been called Mos Eisley.com, if that hadn't already been discussed.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

GUNS!! :dance:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

No. In consideration of the subject, two threads is, I feel, a long overdue necessity. :drunk:
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

The .45 I got is pretty damned slick, haven't had a chance to fire it yet, should this sunday, see other thread...what part of oregon?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

VasikkA wrote:GUNS!! :dance:
I got robbed :aiee:

Someone close this thread D:
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Two gun threads, we sure love talking about guns here at Duck and Cover.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

rad resistance wrote:Two gun threads, we sure love talking about dicks here at Duck and Cover.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

You made my sentence much better.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

CloudNineGT wrote:
rad resistance wrote:Two gun threads, we sure love talking about dicks here at Duck and Cover.
I sincerely doubt it's just here.

What model .45 are you looking at? I've some pretty good ones that were fairly cheap from Charlie Day, but I never really checked into it so I can't say. If you're looking for good defense ammunition, I suggest Extreme Shock for your carry load. Obviousily costing so much you're not gonna be shooting them often, but I can garuntee you that anyone hit by one is gonna wish they invested in their dodge skill better.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

CloudNineGT wrote:
Our Host!