Fallout 4

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

Fallout 4... time for a prequel!

Or Fallout 4 could be post-post nuclear and everything would be mostly normal and everyone would just reminisce about mutants and radiation and it could be a racing game.

I'm trying to say, back to the basics. :chainsaw: And chainsaws are cool. I'm also saying that.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

confound wrote:Fallout 4... time for a prequel!

Or Fallout 4 could be post-post nuclear and everything would be mostly normal and everyone would just reminisce about mutants and radiation and it could be a racing game.

I'm trying to say, back to the basics. :chainsaw: And chainsaws are cool. I'm also saying that.
:flamed:
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Actually...a post post nuclear ala Cantical for Liebowitz, on the edge of another war would be fairly interesting. Damned hard to do especially for the setting and would surely be as if another world but...damn, that book was a major inspiration for the first two, though it would hardly be even recognizable as fallout...so more like another game in its entirety.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

though it would hardly be even recognizable as fallout...so more like another game in its entirety.
And that'd be different from Fallout 3 how....?
confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

I'm definitely adding Canticle for Lebowitz to my reading list.
Your idea would be a totally different game but very interesting. The ending could have you taking shelter in one of the vaults, sort of like the beginning of van buren. I wouldn't trust Bethesda to create it though.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

confound wrote:The ending could have you taking shelter in one of the vaults, sort of like the beginning of van buren.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Van_Buren#Plot
confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

Right, I was referring to the tech demo training thingy.
I didn't even know the van buren plot was out there. Lookee that.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Well....fallout 3 takes an attempt at the same setting. What I was thinking would more be futuristic scifi/reestablished society on the verge of nuclear war.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Fallout 4 Escape from Bethesda
Maccy Man
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Maccy Man »

cant wait to fight in the Rockies and see ghoul babies wonder what they look like.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Maccy Man wrote:cant wait to fight in the Rockies and see ghoul babies wonder what they look like.
Sun dried tomato on a string.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Maccy Man wrote:cant wait to fight in the Rockies and see ghoul babies wonder what they look like.
What about that one in FO2 who was the son of Seth and was born a ghoul?
FlatL1ne
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FlatL1ne »

Caleb wrote:Well....fallout 3 takes an attempt at the same setting. What I was thinking would more be futuristic scifi/reestablished society on the verge of nuclear war.
I read the excerpt from Cantical for Liebowitz and as tired as I was, I could not stop reading until i got to the end.
Awesome writing, I must get a copy of this book :).

Caleb, great idea.
I'm assuming this would take place after Tandi dies and say the NCR begins to collapse without her guidance and all hell breaks loose.I don't see any reason this cant be done as a mod or something "eternal optimist".
I'm looking forward to your reply, do you have a possible scenario for the game you had in mind ?.

Side note:
also in looking at Van Buren photos i noticed something.maybe just me but
the title screen shot ,looks just like Evergreen Mills in fallout 3 ,its located to the west on FO3 map.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Vbtitle.png
1 link can change the strength of many
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Problem with a setting like the third act of Liebowitz...society is COMPLETELY reestablished, including internationally. It would be at least a thousand years past the current FO timeline.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

FlatL1ne wrote: maybe just me but the title screen shot ,looks just like Evergreen Mills in fallout 3 ,its located to the west on FO3 map.
A trainyard is a trainyard is a trainyard.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Maccy Man
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Maccy Man »

i would love to go to the reservation and attack some human hating ghouls or blow up the hover dam!
kill whales, make home with bones.
confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

I think Van Buren had a bit of a Canticle for Lebowitz theme. Maybe society wasn't fully established but considering who far things had gotten between F1 & F2 it was on its way there and facing a new apocalypse at the hands of this mad doctor.

I was thinking of a prequel storyline which would take place before the bombs fell. It would be kind of an interesting plot where your character could make an ultimately futile attempt to stop the nuclear war. Maybe as a member of the Enclave? With good/evil you could either choose to halt or hasten the war maybe either way ending up in a vault... vault 13? ooo!

BTW, I really like the Van Buren plot line. Why did Interplay have to suck so much whale dick at being a company that they let a franchise with a nearly psychotic fan-base die out? At least Bethesda had the sense to give us a Fallout... even if it's not exactly what we wanted.
Maccy Man
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Maccy Man »

not what was wanted no not for some fans but i much prefer a fps than some turned based game just better to me and my kind.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

I should have spent the $50 on glitter.
That way I could have at least choked to death when I tried to suck it like a cock.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Maccy Man
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Maccy Man »

ok but you could realize the same could be said about the origionals
Our Host!