Name a SINGLE new feature you want in FO3.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
PsychoSniper

Name a SINGLE new feature you want in FO3.

Post by PsychoSniper »

Smoother barter/inventory interface.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

A decent villin this time.
JohnPnP
I play with my P(n)P
I play with my P(n)P

Post by JohnPnP »

Two words:

ZOMBIE HORRIGAN!!.

But really, different character models for different armors. Even different looks for the same armor.
EzekielLyne (8:34:01 PM): would you be the one they make fun of?
EzekielLyne (8:34:31 PM): like "This here is John, the retarded gamer, he enjoys madden 2005, and grand theft auto
EzekielLyne (8:35:02 PM): and he is eagerly expecting the arrival of the next Lara Croft game
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

only one feature huh?

I suppose that'd have to be turn based combat. And with that I mean TRUE turn based not some halfturnbased shit they try to call turn based. REAL turn based.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Ok, edit.

SPECIAL
TB combat ONLY
NO console ports
no MP
IGNORE Craptics and POS

those are assumed.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

A plot that is as engrossing and well developed as Fallout 1. Plot is key, god damn it. I'm sick of eyecandy games.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

ah, ok, something other than those assumed ones... so, I'll pick something less obvious.

Different ammo types then, this is something I really like, and about the only good thing about Tactics... the different types of ammo.
Ofcourse all the special ammo would be expensive... like *50 the original cost or something.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Goodf one Mismatch, that was one of the better features of Tactics.

Thee flechette SG rounds pwn.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Lets not have a crossbow

Post by xbow »

I withdraw my request for a crossbow.
Last edited by xbow on Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I want BIG city maps

That's one of the cool things I liked about Tactics...the larger maps. I don't just mean the fact that you didn't necessarily had to load a new part of the city each time you moved, I mean just in general, the cities were much bigger and more thorough.
Just in FO3, make them a LOT more interactive, you know, as an RPG should be.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Extended use of animals by humans. In a post-apocalyptic world, wouldn't everyone who could get their hands on one ride a horse?

If you're a low-level child killer wandering the wastes, and you're suddenly surrounded by a posse on horseback out for your blood, I think it would add something.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

There weren't any horses left.
I think they talked about that in the Bible
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

a pack mule

Post by xbow »

I wouldnt mind having the option of purchasing a recalcitrant pack mule that has some personality. Of course if you had a pack mule that would make you a target for predators like deathclaws and wild dogs wolves etc.

Imagine if you went to your pip boy and hit rest for 6 hours but in that time a pack of wolves invaded your camp after you had been down for three hours and the pip boy shot you back to your camp site where your mule or you are being chewed on by a pack of dogs, now thats a random encounter.
The Foo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by The Foo »

Totally cutomizable look and armor/clothing. The ability to change the look of wepons, think post apocolypse personalizing.
God's Payback?...Is Hell!
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

The ability to beat the game without initiating combat.

(also, killing a junkie should not turn the entire town against you.)
D4rk0n3
SDF!
SDF!

Post by D4rk0n3 »

Random special ammo type,for for ex. current weapon.
And yes totally customizable cloathing,when colors are concerned enyway.
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

I want the city maps to be improved. By improved, i mean i want to see something a little more well done than blatant green and red area transition markers. I also want the outlines of a city, or of an area inside a city, to be more natural. I never liked how some cities in Fallout games appeared to have parts of them cut in half or removed from view to fit in with the PoV.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

King of Creation wrote:There weren't any horses left.
I think they talked about that in the Bible
I tried reading the whole Bible, but the thing was rambling and poorly organized. It hurt my head reading something formatted like that, so I gave up.

Since I can't have horses, I'd like to have an ending that forces you to make hard decisions at the end you'd rather not make or unsure of the ramifications of, like in the other three Fallout PC titles.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

'Impression' factor would be nice. I'e. leader of some highwaymen is mothing off at you. You get your shotgun and blow his head off. Logical that rest of them wouldn't want to mess with you.

The downside is that I hate when they are running away. It's harder to kill them...
Serious Business.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Re: how about a compound crossbow

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

xbow wrote:Image
twang..whack!

I suppose that it would be simple to implement a compound crossbow into the mix it could even be included in the rifles section but it would have the range of a hand gun and shitty penetration against metal armor. It would follow that the crossbow would be a reletivly silent weapon that would be good for quiet sentry removal so firing it from a covered position would be like using a silencer. Another nice twist would be in the case of a kill with the crossbow would be to have the bolt end up in the targets inventory 50 percent of the time.
I never understood why people wanted crossbows in Fallout when you have people churning out ammo like the Brotherhood of Steel, Vault City, and so on. It's a lot easier to make a pipe rifle or zip gun than a crossbow, especially with all the junk lying around. It's not like there are a surplus of good trees in Fallout also.

In addition to that, if it sucked against metal armors, you're talking about implimenting a totally new class of weapon and graphics content that's only going to be useful in the early game. It's a waste of time that could be spent on something actually interesting and less stupid.
------------------
Our Host!