FO1 Help! This is NOT a 'Quest' : V15 Rat Infestation ?

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
Magnakai
SDF!
SDF!

FO1 Help! This is NOT a 'Quest' : V15 Rat Infestation ?

Post by Magnakai »

yo, some ppl say that in FO1, there's some side quest in v15, where u can get 200xp by ridding v15 of it's rat infestation. i think it's just a rumour, what do u say? here check out this link :-

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/Fallout_Ser ... estation/5

sry for linking to an external discussion, but that site appears dead and also i was one of the posters there, so i thought maybe i can save time re-posting its particulars and we can feedback here.

an excerpt :-

"the 'rat infestation' ends when u have exterminated all 54 rats in Vault 15; it has nothing to do with the conference room tunnel. i got that tunnel message too, but no indication on message window of any 200xp gain as 'Chris Wills' says (his mention of the 200xp is documented in some ppl's FAQs). also checked inside char screen & confirmed no exp is gained. my guess that it is just flavour text, not part of any quest.

or it could be because we r playing fallout 1.1, the last US patch. maybe u only get the 200xp in version 1.2 which is UK patch i think.

if someone here plays 1.2 and can't get the 200xp, i would think that this is just a rumour. just bullshit doesn't exist."
Our Host!