I'm Done

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

I'm Done

Post by cazsim83 »

I am bloody fucking done.

so a couple months ago, maybe 6 weeks - I finally break down and get a damn WoW account after being hounded by a few of my friends to do so, even though I have never wanted a pay by the month game EVER.

I get a trial account first, just to see what's up - and you know what? - it's pretty damn addicting. I love the social aspects of it, got into a good guild - not really hardcore, but that's okay because I'm not trying to force people into 25 man raids at level 80 after they've been grinding every day for 2 months, etc etc etc

I'm enjoying myself - this is good shit, mang. So the account gets compromised a little less than 3 weeks ago - dammit. Alright, contact blizzard, give them my information, wait 48 hours for everything to get sorted out - done.

Whoever hacked the account took off with all my gear - so I'm like shit shit fire ze missiles - I need my gear back. Put in a request with blizzard - no response for a week - put in another request - get a response this time that says "DON'T PUT IN TWO REQUESTS FOR THE SAME ISSUE ZOMFG!!!!!11!!!OINE!!!1 WE HATE YOU OR W/E" - so fuck you guys, fine, I just wait and start a new character in the hopes I don't have to regrind for all my shit including 15 vanity pets :eyebrow:

I'm on this morning, looking forward to my two days off in a row, and really only wanting to grind the fuck out of my character and surpass the other character who I am STILL waiting for an official response from blizzard on.

Oh - insult to injury - Right around the time I got haxxored, I paid for 3 months of WoW - because I thought it was *that* good.

Anyway - I'm on this morning, and I get dc'ed from server. My first thought is "Oh shit - did I get compromised again? WTF did I do wrong!?"
So I try to log back in - not "my username or password is incorrect" like I got hacked. Hell no.

BANNED.

Please go to <a href="http://bl121w.blu121.mail.live.com/mail ... 0607">this link</a> to see WTF is up.

I need to send in my FUCKING DRIVER'S LICENSE AND FILL OUT ALL THE SAME SHIT I DID BEFORE GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I RECOVERED MY ACCOUNT! WE WENT OVER THIS! ALL I WANT IS MY GEAR BACK YOU RETARDED FUCKING GREEDY BASTARD ASSHOLES GODDAMMIT I AM SICK OF DEALING WITH YOU INCOMPETENT DOUCHEBAGGING ASSHOLES! FUCK BLIZZARD! FUCK WOW! FUCK ALL OF THEIR MOTHERS IN THE ASS WITH A SPLINTERY BROOMHANDLE OF ASSFUCKERY +3!!!!!!!!!!!

And most of all fuck them for taking my three months of prepaid gametime - I hope they get asscancer and fucking die. All of them.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

First off you shouldn't have played WoW, you were aware of teh dangers. Secondly maybe pick a password other than your screen name and/or don't piss off hackor type of people. Also, you should be thankful that you got your character back. Perhaps you could have had your friends loan you some equipment or something.

I try clicking the link but it takes me to like windows live and tells me I don't have an account yet. Why would you be banned anyways?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Maybe the guy that hacked his account did something while he was playing on it and got it banned, kind of like with hacked Steam accounts getting permabanned by VAC and Valve saying "Woops, sucks to be you."

Hope not, maybe it was just a technical problem.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Just play Runescape.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

This shit takes a while, but 99% of the time you do get your stuff back. They just have to go over all the stuff that has happened to your account etc. There are a lot of retarded people that do whatever the fuck with their accounts, i.e. get a trojan on their computer, lose their acc, make a claim to get it back, get all their shit back but don't clean their computer so they get keylogged again by the same trojan and shit loop starts all over.
Even when you are very safe, there is a small chance that you will be hacked. Our raiding Fury Warrior got hacked back in TBC. Turned out to be some chinese cunt that just wanted to play a godly char or something, I guess, so all he did was like grind mobs in Shadowmoon Valley. Total douche. Anyway, it really sucked for him because we were doing another BT clear that night. He couldn't come because Blizzard was still going over his account and gues what, Warglaives dropped. Since all of our rogues already had them, he was supposed to be next in the queue, but they basically went to a semi-inactive replacement warrior as a result of that (who ebayed his account when he completed the set ;D).
Anyway, just bear with it. In about a week or two max you should be able to get your shit back. What level were you by the way? If 80 then congrats, that's been some fast leveling. If not, then gear doesn't matter for shit, just have a guildie run you through a couple of instances and get whatever you can. You replace gear every couple of levels while leveling anyway.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

lvl 72 rogue - next in line is a 46 paladin

Losing the stuff isn't even what really pissed me off at this point - it's the fact that the account is now banned and I jump through MORE hoops to get it reinstated.

I fucking hate hackers. Well, I hate hacker who hack your personal stuff, hackers who "fight the powah" or whatever I dont' mind so much, at least not in theory.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

cazsim83 wrote:lvl 72 rogue - next in line is a 46 paladin

Losing the stuff isn't even what really pissed me off at this point - it's the fact that the account is now banned and I jump through MORE hoops to get it reinstated.

I fucking hate hackers. Well, I hate hacker who hack your personal stuff, hackers who "fight the powah" or whatever I dont' mind so much, at least not in theory.

When are these people going to just serial number everything? The number would be derived from user ID (not the actual user ID- a secret id matched to the User ID and stored on a separate audit server - that way using the "real ID" for haxoring would toss a flag.) and batches of spawned items having unique batch numbers (timestamped) as well as individual numbers within a batch). These numbers would be stored online (on a separate server from the server with player data- linked as an audit server) and NEVER be viewable to a player.

Every inventory item- even every gold piece (like on dollar bills).

Make shit a lot easier to trace.

Sure, detail details, but doable.

With audit trails the shitbags can be tracked- except they'll probably wash the loot through several other hacked accounts then dump it all into one or more dummy accounts paid for with something that doesn't have personal ID.

Also make it so items above a certain value (including gold) cannot be transferred to trial accounts.

Then have a 1-2 month probation period (for new accounts- not trial or continued from trial) in which those amounts are gradually increased. Providing that those accounts were actually active during that period. Not just active- a log bot could fake that- there would have to be some kind of profiling system to ensure actual playing (even just casual) was going on during that period.
If not, then the probation period would be extended.

People are jumping through lots of hoops anyway- and this shit would mostly just inconvenience abusers.

:drunk:

Happy New Year
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

:paper:
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You deserved it for playing WoW in the first place, niggah.

atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

entertainer wrote::paper:
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

S4ur0n27 wrote:You deserved it for playing WoW in the first place, niggah.

true, true. Never again, comrade :salute:
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

15 vanity pets...? I have 75 or smt...
Testicular Pugilist
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

I hacked you B)

b& 4 lyfe or die trying nigga
Last edited by Thor Kaufman on Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Re: I'm Done

Post by VasikkA »

cazsim83 wrote:I'm Done
You tease.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Thor Kaufman wrote:I hacked you B)

Witty and insightful :M
Caveman
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Caveman »

That's busted. It was probably one of those conniving communist cocksuckers over in China you hear about running some game $ for cash operation. Never played WoW or any other mmo. I've had to fire more people for missing work because they play that shit around the clock than for getting shitfaced/spunout and missing.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

S4ur0n27 wrote:
Thor Kaufman wrote:I hacked you B)

Witty and insightful :M
omg stalker shadow of dackebyl :aiee:
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Smiley wrote:15 vanity pets...? I have 75 or smt...
I was only playing for maybe a little over 2 months - you've been playing how long? :)
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

It's easy to get a shitload of vanity pets, concidering that most of the ones sold form vendors come in different colours, so from Silvermoon, you can have three different hawklings, from Org you can have different snakes etc. And if you've hit any neutral AHs yet (meaning: goblin cities) you can usually by faction specific pets from there, like cats that are normally Alliance pets.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Tingel Tangel wrote:It's easy to get a shitload of vanity pets, concidering that most of the ones sold form vendors come in different colours, so from Silvermoon, you can have three different hawklings, from Org you can have different snakes etc. And if you've hit any neutral AHs yet (meaning: goblin cities) you can usually by faction specific pets from there, like cats that are normally Alliance pets.
Can they fight, even a little?

I'd love to have a horde of rabid cats, like land-piranhas.

Especially if they were undead.

I'd settle for these.
Our Host!