Operation Anchorage DLC Info

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Gecko
Respected
Respected

Post by Gecko »

mr.Zahn wrote:I would so like a DLC simulation where you can play as a knight or mage in a bland generic fantasy world
There's already a place like that in the game called oasis full with tree loving elves.
mr.Zahn
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by mr.Zahn »

real Harold voice acting or it nevar happened
Knuckle Sandwich Vendetta!
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

cazsim83 wrote:oh god - it really is like a shit amalgamation of Halo, Counterstrike, and Fallout...lordy help us.....
It really is. The designs are pretty unfaithful. They need to look at some cheesy sci-fi fifties flicks and facepalm themselves into oblivion.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Gauss rifle seems a bit... altered... too. Did the length of the barrel have that electric glow before?
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

It was already mentioned that the glow effect was unwarranted. Bethcocks can go fuck themselves.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Yeah, I don't know what the problem is with just copying and pasting the past from 2d to 3d. As long as it isn't excessive, it doesn't hurt
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

I'm drunk here so this might make no sense at all

at one point I heard "This is how BI would've done it if they would've had the techonology" or some such thing -

Let's see here - Bethesda cut the number of skills, made it an action FPS pseudo-RPG counterstrike look alike Elder Scrolls look alike PoS look alike - Then made a Halo map complete with no multiplayer....

Does anyone think Black Isle would've made an option for MP in Fo1, Fo2, or campaign for tactics if they would've 'had the technology'?
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

We have the technology. We can make it faster, stronger, better.
Also, the assmonkey you quoted can be ignored :P
I miss the good ol' USSA.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

What a joke. They turn Fallout into an fps shooter and now we can encounter the red army. This game sounds more and more like call of duty only shittier.

Why aquire the licens for a post apoc rpg and turn it into a modern time fps shooter? WHY?!
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

hopefully it'll show people just how crap the combat engine is.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Dogmeatlives wrote:As far as DLC goes, this is pretty shitty. It's not even an expansion onto the FO3 world, but just a mini-game inside the game. And who wants to bet that they had capabilities to put vehicles in before the game came out, but instead left it for the DLC.

And yet IGN, of course, fails to bring up the eerily close proximities with the DLC and original game. Its clear they were working on extra content while game was still in production.

I feel like ranting some more. Not many people really have a problem with all this shit but it bugs me, because it is obvious that these people are just scheming to pump high school kids out of their money. Obviously the most desired DLC would have to be the levelcap at this point, allowing one to more fully enjoy the game. Is it not entirely possible that the main character was killed off just so they could say "Hey, buy this and you can continue with the game!" Which actually just repairs a numb skull move made by Bethesda in the first place.

And people eat it rght up!! If you go to ign, you will find tons of comments about how much these fucktards love Bethesda! Love?!? Bethesda?!?! Can one truly love a corporation run by greedy fucktards? I guess one must lack the initial common sense. Ok, so it isn't even like they do away with the level cap on the first DLC to give the gamers a break in these difficult financial times. NOO!! That would be too ethical. What they will do is release two mediocre DLC packs, and then a final, really awesome one that repairs all the shitty design flaws the made in the first place, and then they will make all of them mandatory.

So you have to get the first OK ones in order to get the final awesome one. MArk my words, the first two DLCs will be recieved by fans in a so-so way when they come out. Bethesda is saving all the really good stuff for the end so they can maximize profit.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts about DLC. I'm surprised nobody's going up against that shit; instead everybody seems to think it's great and they're buying it. It's like MMO just got into your singleplayer games : you have to continue throwing money through the windows in order to fully enjoy your game.

The thing that really bugs me the most is the fact that more and more the devs don't even bother hiding the fact they worked on the DLC during the actual game's development cycle.

I mean, we used to get expansion packs for singleplayer games, but at least a year later. In this case, the game wasn't even out and they were already talking about the DLC. It's been less two months Fallout 3 has been released!
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

They seriously want PC gamers to pay for that shit? Suckering in 360 gamers makes sense, but I doubt any PC person would even consider buying it.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

:isohunt:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

S4ur0n27 wrote::isohunt:
lol too bad I play 360
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I'm cool with retards paying for that shit. It's not my money.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yeah, usually retards are pretty cool, but when they dictate industry, you've got a problem.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Yeah, usually retards are pretty cool, but when they dictate industry, you've got a problem.
qfe mafaka! :clap:
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Yeah, usually retards are pretty cool, but when they dictate industry, you've got capitalism.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

DLC = episodic content. Like it was said before, quite the failure that refuses to die.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

well most people who own fallout3 and love it never played the first two fallouts and then they pick up FO3 and say hey this looks fun but in truth most people who play FO3 do not understand the concept of a realistic nuclear RPG and they are suckered in to download or buy the expansions but only thing promising is the Guass rifle but from that it just looks lke a very long mission in fallout 3
Our Host!