HELP!!! For the sake of Science!

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Redeye wrote:
Thor Kaufman wrote:
entertainer wrote:real men don't need any antivirus anyway B)
true story. Just stop downloading viruses if you don't want any, you dumbfucks.

And reinstall Windows, dogmeatlives. Like Alkoholik says it's the only viable solution if you don't want to rerun those "removal tools" every few days.

Get Linux.

Use Windows for games only.
So I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to reinstall Windows. Can you run Windows programs with Linux? Mainly iTunes, Photoshop, Sony Vegas, and Microsoft Office programs? So here is the plan from my end. I am in process of carrying all important shit to external HDs. My audiobooks, music, photoshop files, and important, illegally obtained programs that would be a bitch to get ahold of again.

Semester is almost over so I need a job. I plan to abandon the internet for awhile. I want to get a new processor, external HD, and maybe get Vista somehow (I doubt I will actually be able to obtain it). The main thing is more external space as the 60gig HD I have is nearly full up, and there is still quite a bit of important stuff. Can you believe I have almost 40 gigs of audiobooks/lectures?! Well, off I go!
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well, iTunes and Photoshop aren't Windows programs to begin with, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could. There are Windows emulators available, but as the way is with emulators, they require a lot more loose resources from your computer to run.

By the way, they say Vista's going dead, because next summer they'll release the Windows 7 -project. Which is basically an upgraded Vista, so this original Vista, which yours truly included has bought and used, is left to a limbo state resembling the fate of the well-known Windows Me...
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Kashluk wrote:Well, iTunes and Photoshop aren't Windows programs to begin with, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could. There are Windows emulators available, but as the way is with emulators, they require a lot more loose resources from your computer to run.

By the way, they say Vista's going dead, because next summer they'll release the Windows 7 -project. Which is basically an upgraded Vista, so this original Vista, which yours truly included has bought and used, is left to a limbo state resembling the fate of the well-known Windows Me...
You think they might upgrade users for free? That would be an super-jip if they abandoned Vista like that.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

They didn't let anything go free or even 'free' with Me either... So I highly doubt it. Vista was probably just an experiment and the more final solution, like the jew problem -yay-, will be the new Windows next summer. Some poor fucks were just left with their Millenium Edition when most realised it's smarter to upgrade straight to Win2K from Win98(SE). And a year later straight to XP. Now some of us fucks are left with bare-bone Vista here, licking our fingers. It's the name of the game, don't hate the playah etc.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Dogmeatlives wrote: ...
Can you run Windows programs with Linux? Mainly iTunes, Photoshop, Sony Vegas, and Microsoft Office programs? ...
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Dogmeatlives wrote:Can you run Windows programs with Linux? Mainly iTunes, Photoshop, Sony Vegas, and Microsoft Office programs?
Wine.
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
AnneGwish
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by AnneGwish »

If you haven't formatted yet, there is one other thing I'd recommend called ComboFix

That squashes everything I've come across that wasn't an intentional attack.
"If you could be God's worst enemy, or nothing, which would you choose?" -Fight Club

"God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you" -Angelspit
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

ok so my computer is still super fucked up. So I try reinstalling XP, and when the OS disk reboots my computer and i select the windows xp setup the screen goes blank. I am at the end of my patience and am so fucking close to smashing the hell out of the thing and fucking just really getting very pissed off in general. Fucking viruses! I sincerely hope that any bitch motherfucker who spends their worthless existence infecting people's computers gets their fucking bals sawed off with a rusty, dull boxcutter, while being raped in the ass and being made to watch daytime tewlevision! Fuck you!!!

p.s. i am now forced to use 7 year old imac that cant do shit but read text and other simple shit. I now have two worthless pcs sitting around thanks to virus SHit, and an asshole friend who won;t help me fix this shit! I hate to do it but I'm gonna have to pay someone to fix this hit now.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

not to sound like some techie twat, but itunes, sony vegas, and ms office all have non-bloated, linux-friendly equivalents -- i'm talking internet explorer vs. firefox (or opera, your choice) differences, son
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Dogmeatlives wrote:ok so my computer is still super fucked up. So I try reinstalling XP, and when the OS disk reboots my computer and i select the windows xp setup the screen goes blank. I am at the end of my patience and am so fucking close to smashing the hell out of the thing and fucking just really getting very pissed off in general. Fucking viruses! I sincerely hope that any bitch motherfucker who spends their worthless existence infecting people's computers gets their fucking bals sawed off with a rusty, dull boxcutter, while being raped in the ass and being made to watch daytime tewlevision! Fuck you!!!

p.s. i am now forced to use 7 year old imac that cant do shit but read text and other simple shit. I now have two worthless pcs sitting around thanks to virus SHit, and an asshole friend who won;t help me fix this shit! I hate to do it but I'm gonna have to pay someone to fix this hit now.
Reformat, then reinstall OS.

Also, a new HD followed by installing the OS will be cheaper than paying someone to fix it.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

yo homies, I need help again. I'm sure its something simple that I just can't figure out. So, I downloaded this torrent, and all the files are loaded on my computer- http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4681137 ... y_paneque7

and I figured out how to install Civ 4 and its installed on my computer, but when I try playing it, it tells me I need to insert disk 1. So thats kind of a problem, but not really, because judging from this comment from that torrent page-

"Hi. I've installed Civ 4 and all expansions, all according to your instructions. When I try to play Civ 4 though, the game asks for the CD. I'm able to play all the expansions. What am I doing wrong? "

I should be able to play the game as long as I can get one of the expansions going. Only problem is I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to install any of the expansions. I have gone through the files and unpacked the zips and am not finding anything that resembles an installation file. Please help!

Will include a list of files/folders within one of the expansion folders:

Folders:
Autorun
Crack
Patch
Readme

Files:
00000000.256 -256 File?
00000001.TMP
00000002.TMP
autorun- app
autorun- setup info
data1- rar
data1- HDR file
data2- rar
drvmgt.dll
engine32- rar
layout- bin
SECDRV- System file
setup- app
setup- config. settings
setup- INX file
setup.ibt
setup.isn
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

try another torrent
or maybe there is a crack at gamecopyworld
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

www.megagames.com under game fixes has decent nocd cracks
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

but I downloaded a crack. How do i use it?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Caleb wrote:www.megagames.com under game fixes has decent nocd cracks
so i dled a crack from megagames but when i click on it, it says its not a valid Win32 application... what am i missing?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Dogmeatlives wrote:crack. How do i use it?
:bong:

Overwrite the executable file maybe.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

haha i fuckin did it!!!!
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Are you mounting the CD? As opposed to unextracting it?
www.daemon-tools.cc
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

You're a real wizard with computers, you know that?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Kashluk wrote:You're a real wizard with computers, you know that?
Flattery will get you nowhere... :hug:
Our Host!