Kharn Doesn't Review Fallout 3

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Kharn Doesn't Review Fallout 3

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Community -> Review ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p>That's right. <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/profil ... ofile&u=46" target="_self">Kharn, aka Brother None</a>, has <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=47192" target="_self">reviewed Fallout 3</a>....but he hasn't. Instead, he decided to travel to an alternate universe where ZeniMax never bought the <em>Fallout</em> property, but decided to make their own post apocalyptic game called Capital Wasteland. <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=47192" target="_self">Check it out</a>:</p><blockquote><p><em>Here is the real shocker: even though this game does not excel at much
except creating annoying NPCs, it is still a good game. Because
sometimes, even when the cheerleader is crap in the sack, it's still
fun to chase after her. But more importantly, for years now RPG
designers have focused purely on pretty graphics and fun combat, and
while Capital Wasteland: Revelation also does that, it is a rare return
to values of quest design we know of from Black Isle Studios and
Troika, an approach that says quests have to be interesting, have to
have multiple solutions and your choices really do matter. The latter
point is probably the weakest one for CW:R and there are plenty of bad
quests to turn you away, but this is still a remarkable accomplishment
that I did not expect after Oblivion.</em></p></blockquote><p>It probably would have been easier to just write a review of <em>Fallout 3</em>, rather than creating an interdimensional portal, but whatever.</p><p>As for when my review is coming....well, I can't play the game because it won't even load up on my computer. So until a patch comes out that fixes the game, <strong>my review is: EPIC FAIL</strong>.
</p>
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

What the hell has he been smoking?
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

Maybe it was actually easier to avoid the whole "FO3 is a good game but not a good Fallout game..." square dance this way.
As for when my review is coming....well, I can't play the game because it won't even load up on my computer. So until a patch comes out that fixes the game, my review is: EPIC FAIL.
Good luck with that. I gave up and bought a new graphics card. The game now runs, but crashes my computer every 5 minutes because my PSU can't handle the new card. So I get to shell out even more money. Yay!
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Well, here's the thing. It was working for like 2 hours. I got as far as getting out of the vault and then going around the wastes for a bit. Found that farm behind the vault with the mininuke ammo and then took out the raiders next to there. Then I jaunted off to Megaton. However, as soon as I exited dialogue with the sheriff, the game crashed and now it won't run anymore. WTF.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I disagree with the final idea that it's a good game. If anything, it's the antithesis of a good game. It's full of bugs, lacks attention to detail, has many boring areas, and basically anything else that will restate the majority of the review. It may be a basically FUN game at certain times, but definetly not a good game. It's mediocre at best.
Kashluk

Re: Kharn Doesn't Review Fallout 3

Post by Kashluk »

FO3 is a fun game. It definitely is that. I would even dare to say it's a good game as in 7/10 or 8/10 -good.
King of Creation wrote:It probably would have been easier to just write a review of <em>Fallout 3</em>, rather than creating an interdimensional portal, but whatever.
Yeah, that's what you think. Can't you smell the sweat and physical labor<strike> in that review?</strike> EDIT: I mean, in the reviews about Fallout 3?
Last edited by Kashluk on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aries100
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by aries100 »

I agree with most of what Brother None says in his reviews. From the varius infos around the net I wouldn't call F3 a Fallout game. It could still be a good game, though...
please support http://www.gamerdad.com - the
voice of reason when it comes to gaming and children

support democracry - please visit
http://www.whydemocracy.net/home
Shagnak
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Shagnak »

baby arm wrote: I gave up and bought a new graphics card. The game now runs, but crashes my computer every 5 minutes because my PSU can't handle the new card. So I get to shell out even more money. Yay!
I had pretty much the same experience when I upgraded recently (though not just to play Fallout 3).

It went something like:
- Get new gfx card cheap from boss who bought the wrong card accidentally. (n00b!)
- Upgrade motherboard to take new card.
- Upgrade RAM and CPU as new mobo doesn't support old RAM and CPU (okay, maybe I'm the n00b)
- Crash every 5 minutes.
- Upgrade PSU.
- Buy new case for old bits and give to wife as a"new" computer. Get laid for being so generous.
Might as well have just bought a whole new computer with the hassle it gave me.
Our Host!