Eschalon

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Kashluk

Eschalon

Post by Kashluk »

Eschalon - Book I
http://basiliskgames.com/book1.html

An indie RPG (magic and shit) in Ultima type of setting.

Downloading the demo right now, and giving it a try tomorrow.

:dance:
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

You discovered it today?
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Looks pretty good. Wish I'd had the time and/or interest to play games.

edit: It's not really an Ultima clone if there's no ye olde english.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Linear, seen-many-times-before plot elements and devices including such gems as amnesia, heavily telegraphed betrayal and hunt the MacGuffin(s), forgettable characters mostly divided between quest dispensers and vendors of things-soon-obsolete, no real 'choice and consequence' beyond 'continue' and 'cease playing', repetitive combat, bland magic system, uninspired RNG loot tables, extremely tedious travel.

Comma comma comma.

The cartography and alchemy systems were refreshing, though I've seen both done better. Infrequently in the same game.

Purchased it at some point mid last year, in the hope that the often trumpeted 'return to old school values' wasn't for the sake thereof alone. Was wrong. Rationalised it as support for an author still finding their creative feet, optimistic that the next game would be vastly superior.

Exposure to their forums indicates that in some ways, it might be, in others, it won't.

An Exercise in Masochism and/or Nostalgia.

And so I turn to other prospects. :drunk:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I've played a whopping 15 minutes after character creation (which took almost as long, because I wanted to optimize everything *sigh*) and I already share most of the feelings with Blargh.
Our Host!