Stalker Clear Sky

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Stalker Clear Sky

Post by Stainless »

Picked it up yesterday, and so far, I'm enjoying it more then the first Stalker. Weapon handling is similar in that ranged combat is a royal pain in the arse till you get your hand on some rifles. Weapons/armour also have an upgrade system which is also pretty handy, with combinations of certain upgrades opening up further upgrades and excluding others, so you can either increase the accuracy upgrades at the expense of exluding your rpm upgrades. Some upgrades even let you rechamber the gun also, which I thought was a very cool touch.

Story is pretty meh, and apart from the beginning of the game, I haven't experianced the new Faction Warfare, but so far I'm enjoying it. I just wish that they used less of the original maps. basically the starting area is new, then you go to the Cordon where you started the last game, then to Garbage, etc. The day/night cycle is also pretty cool. Running around when you can bearly see 5 meters in front of you with shit howling away and the wind rustling the bushes is actually pretty creepy.

After 5 hours I give it
:subhuman: :subhuman: :subhuman: :subhuman: out of 7 if you enjoyed the original stalker (and expect more of the same). If you didn't like the original, you wont like Clear Sky.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Waiting for a decent torrent...:)
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It looks promising enough. It will be released September 12th in here (all Europe?) and I guess I'll give it a try. I really liked the original Stalker especially after tweaking it to be more realistic with mods. Do you still need to empty a whole AK clip to enemies before they fall? And is the accuracy completely shit?
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

It won't come out in the USA until the 15th, so I guess I'll have to buy Spore tomorrow when that comes out to hold me over.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I thought it was coming out the 6th in the USA? Anyways, from what I heard the game is really buggy and runs like shit. Is there any truth to that?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Will this run on my computer? The nlast game I played on PC was COH.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I thought it was coming out the 6th in the USA? Anyways, from what I heard the game is really buggy and runs like shit. Is there any truth to that?
Haven't had it crash or bug up at all. But then again, I never had issues with the first Stalker either when everyone was screaming how buggy it was. :chew:
Do you still need to empty a whole AK clip to enemies before they fall? And is the accuracy completely shit?
Headshots were lethal in the first game, and they still are. At least now you can upgrade the accuracy on the AK so you don't miss so many shots. Combat is practically identical to the originals as far as I can tell, except now you can fix weapon short falls.

:spoiler: Also a handy tip to anyone starting, before you go to Garbage, spend all your money. Quite possibly the cuntiest thing I've experienced in a long time in a video game awaits you otherwise.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Stainless wrote:
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I thought it was coming out the 6th in the USA? Anyways, from what I heard the game is really buggy and runs like shit. Is there any truth to that?
Haven't had it crash or bug up at all. But then again, I never had issues with the first Stalker either when everyone was screaming how buggy it was. :chew:
Do you still need to empty a whole AK clip to enemies before they fall? And is the accuracy completely shit?
Headshots were lethal in the first game, and they still are. At least now you can upgrade the accuracy on the AK so you don't miss so many shots. Combat is practically identical to the originals as far as I can tell, except now you can fix weapon short falls.

:spoiler: Also a handy tip to anyone starting, before you go to Garbage, spend all your money. Quite possibly the cuntiest thing I've experienced in a long time in a video game awaits you otherwise.

---Do they....... try to rob you?---
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Meh.

Still need to finish the first Stalker. I hated the underground parts; I'm stuck in that stupid lab(was it even a lab?) where there's this stupid fire thing flying around.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Just shoot it, it does not seem like it works, but it does.

Also, if you can run CoH then you can run stalker.

the underground bits were my favorite parts of stalker.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

---Do they....... try to rob you?---
you get robbed several times, first time you have a choice, but you're servilely outgunned. the 2nd time you don't have a choice at all. Who knows how many times ahead await me to get robbed :(

Also, I take back what I said about no bugs. Had it crash a few times now.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

I would turn the difficulty down and then fuck them up the first time, cause you were seriously outgunned in no1 at the cordon, but i still took those fuckers out first time. you only need to get a headshot on each of them. So i dont think it will be too hard.

the 1,1 patch said it removes the getting robbed every time thing or somesuch, i think it said it halves it, but that is still seriously gay because it should only happen once, and it should be all of you money. Or a hectic firefight, and if you dont kill them then you get robbed each time with the option of killing them all each time you come back, ie kill them or you will get robbed until you do so. They also added a quest to get your shit back afaik.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

yea, that ending was wierd in Stalker1. i was like WTF!!. i thought this was going to be the best game ever, because it was untill the ending. they ruined it!. let me ask you something.. are there multiple endings??? please tell me..

on another note... Spore looks great, i am awaiting my dsl modem so i can activate..
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

OriahUlrich wrote:yea, that ending was wierd in Stalker1. i was like WTF!!. i thought this was going to be the best game ever, because it was untill the ending. they ruined it!. let me ask you something.. are there multiple endings??? please tell me..

on another note... Spore looks great, i am awaiting my dsl modem so i can activate..
Yes there are, make sure that you go to the hotel room, and then open up the coded door(you can do this by throwing you gun into the hinges and this will force the door open.), because the best ending is that way, uut make sure you tell the green hologram motherfucker to piss off, else you wont get the best ending.
Last edited by rabidpeanut on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

OriahUlrich wrote:on another note... Spore looks great, i am awaiting my dsl modem so i can activate..
:rofl:
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

OriahUlrich wrote:yea, that ending was wierd in Stalker1. i was like WTF!!. i thought this was going to be the best game ever, because it was untill the ending. they ruined it!. let me ask you something.. are there multiple endings??? please tell me..

since there were 7 or so endings in the original (amazingly most of them ended with you dieing), it wouldn't surprise me if there was multiple endings for CS.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Just bought it will play it after tonights test. Chem sux.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Been playig it for a while. And although the AI changes are good overall the game is actually a lot worse than regular stalker. The faction warefare is the only thing that i have ever run into that makes an fps a grinding game.

I give the game a 5 out of 10 so far i will update you guys later. I just got past the most incredible machingunner to have ever lived, he can see your toe sticking out from behind a tree in pitch darkness 3km away and then headshot you straight through the tree will about a million bullets.

honestly i think the guys who made this need ot bring thq back in for a little while. Because i fuckig swear after going through that shit I DO NOT FUCKING DESERVE TO BE ROBBED.

Also finding artefacts is now fucking impossible , it takes about 3 loads and 8 health packs.

I finished farcry on realistic and i am finding that this game is too motherfucking hard.

The beginning graphics and weather system are fucking sweet though.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Also finding artefacts is now fucking impossible , it takes about 3 loads and 8 health packs.
My biggest problem with artifacts is that even if you have a shitton of rad resistance (like a SEVA suit), you'll still accumulate alot of radiation from anything that's even +3. I however, do like the aspect of trying to find them using the detectors. It becomes significantly easier with the 2-3rd trackers you aquire, as they give you direction/distance. It also makes anomaly protection in armours alot more useful as opposed to just avoiding the things all the time like the previous game, as quite frankly there was no need to walk into one.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

I think they sould just turn down anomoly damage. And as far as i know there is no hotkey for rad meds. Which there should be.

The load times fucking suck donkey balls too.

EDIT: i take back what i say. WOW. This game is JUST as good as plain old stalker . My fuck. Less dark and freaky though which kind of sucks, but i think that is exactly what they were aiming for.
Our Host!