Left 4 Dead

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Yeah, I played that.

Hey Kashluk, I learned some finnish today!
"Kuse muuntajaan"
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I was an admin for one of the main aussie servers for ZPS. It's really gone down hill since it went to Steam. Blood splatters and shit on the zombie screen just totally ruined it for me.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I just played for about fifteen minutes on one of my fav instant respawn servers in CS:S. I went kamikaze and had four or five rampages, and almost twice as many dominations.

Considering I don't use the AWP-- only the P90, Elites, or the occasional Steyr-- I'd say I'm... not good, but psychotic-good.
Lulz.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Manoil wrote:Hey Kashluk, I learned some finnish today!
"Kuse muuntajaan"
"Pee in a transformer".

Gets you electrocuted :dance:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Precisely.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Manoil wrote:I just played for about fifteen minutes on one of my fav instant respawn servers in CS:S. I went kamikaze and had four or five rampages, and almost twice as many dominations.

Considering I don't use the AWP-- only the P90, Elites, or the occasional Steyr-- I'd say I'm... not good, but psychotic-good.
Lulz.
*golf claps*
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Manoil wrote:I just played for about fifteen minutes on one of my fav instant respawn servers in CS:S. I went kamikaze and had four or five rampages, and almost twice as many dominations.

Lulz.
Yeah and most deaths... let me guess, you storm groups, manage to kill one or two and then go down, right?
Testicular Pugilist
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Smiley wrote:

Lulz.
Yeah and most deaths... let me guess, you storm groups, manage to kill one or two and then go down, right?
just jealous

Sometimes you have to break a few eggs...
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

It's been a lot of years since I was any good at CS. But I hate the twitchgaming that it's become, and mostly the people who play it.
Testicular Pugilist
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

IIRC the good old Firearms mod for HL1 had this server option to only show Frags/Deaths -ratio or even make you lose a frag every time you died.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Kashluk wrote:IIRC the good old Firearms mod for HL1 had this server option to only show Frags/Deaths -ratio or even make you lose a frag every time you died.
Oh yeah I remember that, that was awesome. Definately one of the best mods, and most fun mods, I've ever played.
I loved the animation where you split apart the MP5 and replaced the nozzle with a silencer. Back then that was a "whoooooooaaaa" animation hehe

There was also this counter-strik'ish wannabe mod for Quake 3, which I thought was a lot better, and definately more fun.
Does anyone remember the name...?

You didn't get cash per round or anything, you just chose from the beginning what you wanted.
Testicular Pugilist
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Does anybody know where I can find that CSS mod where everybody is in electric wheelchairs?

God, that was so awesome.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

shit pic
Lulz.
You're not good.
And just using berettas and P90 tells more about the quality of the people that you were up against.
Smiley wrote:It's been a lot of years since I was any good at CS. But I hate the twitchgaming that it's become, and mostly the people who play it.
Counterstrike is a not a casual game and it can only be judged as a competetive game, which it is (and very good at it). I stopped playing high-level Counterstrike a few years ago, but whenever there is a big tournament going on, I still watch the matches (you can follow matches live @ www.hltv.org, I think that there is KODE5 qualifier China on at the moment or something.)It has not become a twitch game, on the contrary. Because the skill bar is constantly being raised (and quite frankly, I don't think it can go much higher) it really is just the tactics that make or break your team. In a high level counterstrike match, everyone is equally skilled and the team with the better tactics is guaranteed to win. Sure, some players go on sprees but in the end, tactics is everything. If you knew anything about Counterstrike, you would easily be able to distinguish between a clan and a mix team. I.e. at the moment, Clanbase Nationscup started (first qualifiers were yesterday) and whereas I enjoy watching it as much as, say watching my own country play football or something, you clearly see that the level of Counterstrike is nowhere as near as it can get (by clanbase rules, you cannot have more than 2 or 3 players from the same team, so there are a lot of mixed players) because they have not been practicing their tactics with these players. Still entertaining to watch though, very high display of individual skill.

Pub ownage usually means that you are playing against shit cunts. In addition, your score was far from good, I mean a negative ratio? :D Bitch please, you just had loads of frags because you had been on the server the longest.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Manoil, I believe you just got shut down my friend.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Classic Firearmsmod FTW :(
I miss the days of silenced weapon death.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I was suicidal-- didn't give a shit. and thank you, Frater, for reasserting what I said.

anyway, here's today, with a little less playtime, and ONLY using the P90 and Elites.

Almost 1-1. 17 short, granted, but I did some serious work... found out how the asswipe CTs were taking advantage of the outdoor rooftops and destroying anyplace with a visual. I hate the AWP... almost as much as I hate Krocs. Mankind never needed to create shoes that could be cleaned with a hose
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Wow that's pretty skilled. Good job man.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:Wow that's pretty skilled. Good job man.
You know, it can be hard at times to spot sarcasm in text, without ques in the voice or eyes.

It isn't right now.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

:paper:
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

VasikkA wrote::paper:
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons