Left 4 Dead

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Dude... every time I play as Louis, I can't help but notice how much he sounds like Gerald Richard, the candidate I volunteered for last year.

Seriously, it's so close, it's ridiculous.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I totally joined the group. :M
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Stainless wrote:
spokomptonjdub wrote:A steam group needs to happen. Been playing most of today (on account of 3 feet of snow falling in one day and shutting down the whole area) with some friends and I can't get enough.
Do a group search for #fallout. However, Nicolai needs to kick the fucking spam bots that have joined it D;
How do I kick people from the group? :M Can't see any KICK THIS PLAYER buttons in the admin control panel

Edit: Gosh, it seems that you can't kick people if the group is public. Should I make it invite-only and kick the people with the admin avatars? They haven't been online for a month, so it's probably not necessary :m
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by spokomptonjdub »

I joined too, but I rarely see anybody on playing Left 4 Dead.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

there are like 3 pages of fallout groups D:
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

But there's only one called #fallout B)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hmyes
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I would probably just keep it public as I haven't noticed any spam bots? How can you tell if something is a spambot, is it just because we don't know who they are and they join anyways?

Or I guess you could make the DAC crew all administrators that can invite people.

I've been playing L4D quite a bit lately actually.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I would probably just keep it public as I haven't noticed any spam bots? How can you tell if something is a spambot, is it just because we don't know who they are and they join anyways?
One of them asked me to give my steam account details or steam will block my account in 24 hours :eyebrow:
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Its the admin things, I haven't been bothered by them in a while, only when they joined the group.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Been trying to gather people to do expert runs, but it really has to be at LAN... I can't seem to find any servers that keep the difficulty high.

I've fallen in love with the snipers rifle.. I thought it sucked in the beginning, but it's pretty damn nice once you get a little practice with it.
Testicular Pugilist
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by spokomptonjdub »

What is everybody's handles on steam? Mine is the same as my DAC name; Just want to know so I don't intereact with any spambots.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

For the time being, mine is Ronnie Cordova.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Mine is the same, but I have a picture of John Belushi as my avatar instead of my Santa one.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

I'm Mindfucker, but I only really have the time to play on the weekends.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Is L4D about the same graphics level as Half Life 2? I can run HL2, CS:S, and TF2, but I am still unsure if it's worth buying Left 4 Dead if I can't even play it.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Same engine. Better graphics, might be a bit more intensive with all the zombies and such..
Testicular Pugilist
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

It's quite a bit more intensive. I can run HL2 and CS:S on max settings, but I keep settings in L4D close to a minimum because the last thing you want when you have a bunch of zombies running at you is your FPS going down the shitter.

Anyway, my steam friends name is unnamed. Yeah, I made the account like the day that the friends thing came out.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

fuck... what about Garry's mod? has anyone got any of the zombies working in HL2? I'd be interested to see a matchup between a Tank and an Antlion Guard... or how the Combie Elites fare against a horde of angry infected.

Then again, I think I'd even be interested to see how well the Combie assault rifles work against them. Or the CS:S weapons... gotta have that P90, son.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

There's a mod that I played for like 15 minutes, called Zombie Panic! Source (obviously the source version of an older HL mod).
I have only played L4D in co-op because my connection doesn't allow any pvp interaction, but ZP:S was a lot of fun. Essentially, you have the survivors team and the zombies team. The zombies go down quite fast, but ammo is extremely scarce and when you resort to melee you will be torn apart. When you die, you become a zombie and start hunting down the other team. It's actually quite fun, but gaming experience relies extremely heavily on co-operation. Essentially:
good co-operation -> survivors win
bad co-operation -> zombies win

Anyway those were my initial impressions.
edit: I guess what makes it quite fun is that there is no downtime. You are a survivor, bam you are a zombie, keep on playing. There is no such thing as like dead time and waiting for the round to finish, etc.
Our Host!