Duck and Cover Forum Index

Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Experientially unaware View next topic
View previous topic
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So my friend wants to play FO3 on the console, I am at a loss, should I let him go blissfully towards playing and no doubt having a good time with FO3?

Or should I try to educate him on the ways of Fallout proper (suggest him playing the previous games, which he will no doubt pirate). I think the former is a better idea as the old games seem somewhat cheesy with the 2d graphics, not the greatest first impression despite the fantastic writing.

Although, if nothing else he would get some of the back-story and pick up more on the 50's pop trivia. Like I said, I'm at a loss, any input appreciated.

( icon_hug in advance to anyone that doesn't icon_flamed)
Dreadnought
I lied
I lied

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tough decision. Rub your dick with Tabasco and try again. Maybe you'll gain some kind of epiphany through the power of concentrated chillies!
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Try thinking for 20 seconds, i know it hurts, but you wont lose more than 40% of your braincells pondering this question. I promise dreddypoo.

Last edited by Icabod on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would let him remain ignorant. Educating him with Fallout world history is one thing, but getting all bitter and complaining about what Bethesda did wrong or how it should have been more like originals is just kinda annoying. Let him enjoy himself. Reap the whirlwind.

I have to admit that if I were to put myself in the shoes of someone who had never even heard of Fallout before, I can imagine my mind being blown by FO3. More by the concept of the world than the gameplay or anything else.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd say if he wants to play 3, let him. But if he starts complaining and hungering for more content, point him in the right direction.
Dreadnought
I lied
I lied

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Icabod wrote:
Try thinking for 20 seconds, i know it hurts, but you wont lose more than 40% of your braincells pondering this question. I promise dreddypoo.

Why don't you choke on your words you fool? You're the one asking questions and if you don't like my answers then... then.... then you can as well rub your dick with Tabasco and see what happens then! icon_wink
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dreadnought wrote:

Why don't you choke on your words you fool? You're the one asking questions and if you don't like my answers then... then.... then you can as well rub your dick with Tabasco and see what happens then! icon_wink

Ok I will, then you can choke on MY cock, I'm sure the tabasco will aid in that endeavor.
Dreadnought
I lied
I lied

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it possible to choke on garnish?
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

only if you inhale, and if its dry, let me assure you that it is definately not.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know Fallout's graphic are old, but I still think they do look good and feel good. Same with Warcraft 2(though in a completely different style). These games have classic but brilliant and effective visuals.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree, I can't get over the fact that the anonymity and homey feel of the 2d graphics and character sprites may contribute to the nostalgia for these games. In addition, I can't help but think a lot of the hate towards FO3 is because of this nostalgia. But again, just a thought.
Dreadnought
I lied
I lied

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Icabod wrote:
only if you inhale, and if its dry, let me assure you that it is definately not.

So you're all moist in anticipation of me sucking you off?! nono
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope, that was the tobasco, but now that u mention it... icon_dance
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love the side conversations going on here...

I love fallout because of it's conceptual look/feel/value (everything)
To tell you the truth, even though the graphics werent the best. the animation with blood and guts spilling everywhere were, and are, a lot better than anything i have seen recently. I wanted to tear some one's torso in half, or just rip it apart. Spilling his innards on the ground, forcing the xpc to have to drag them before his inevitable death. *DROOL* (not at violence, just the realism of the game) I mean that was real to me, still more real than anything i have seen in modern generation of graphics. I loved the sounds of the bullets hitting the npc also. Very VEry settling, like i had acomplished something, because the sound was sooooo rewarding. It is the fallout in itself that i like. no one i think can match it in its own value. Fallout 3 IS different to me though. I like it, but it doesnt appeal to me in the full way that original fallouts did.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic