The pioneers are dead

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
FlatL1ne
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FlatL1ne »

PS. im curious if the originators of this site intended it to be a site that bashes fallout games or games in general.

from what i have read in other posts where people are either trying to get help on all the fallout games or mod in general they just get slammed by you guys.maybe what you don't realize at that a lot of these people may be the next pioneers and all your doing is shitting on them.
1 link can change the strength of many
FlatL1ne
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FlatL1ne »

senisterdenister wrote:Fuck off. You lost. Deal with it.
wow what a reply , did i offend all the tards here ?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

FlatL1ne wrote:retlaw83
quote "Wait, actually, I have no fucking idea. I'm actually in high school, which is obvious because I'm claiming to be older than everyone on the website lolz"

#1 i posted my age to show that original isn't dead ,why dont you read the entire post ,instead of cutting out snippets and replying to them.
People post their age to look older and therefore superior. If you're superior, it comes out in the substance of your arguments, and age has nothing to do with it.

And I'm not going to take shit from somebody who claims to be in their 40s and yet uses the word "aloud" instead of "allowed."
if the game and or games where only about storyline then i would have bought the damn books lol.
I just mentioned what the draw to Fallout is. It was never about the combat, it was always about the roleplaying. And that's where Fallout 3 falls flat.
as for the internet reply , way back when they released like they do now , incomplete or complete.if you read what i posted , i didnt say they took out the textures.what i said is that the music is a key element that goes along with the textures and immerses you in the game.
And that has fuck all to do with Fallout 3 being a sub-par game?
good for you ,you know how to dl torrents to ,here a cookie ,shove it in your ass maybe you will be able to think original at least.
Why? You want to eat the cookie out of my asshole, you degenerate?
have you made any attempt to improve the game or for that matter any game you have ever played.
Doom II and Fallout Tactics.
what if i was modding for the original fallout ,i guess i would get replies like man you must be old as fuck that game was made way back when dinosaurs licked my grandfathers balls.
You wouldn't get that response around here.
as for l4dead heres a snippet
From Valve (the creators of Counter-Strike, Half-Life and more) comes Left 4 Dead, a co-op action horror game for the PC and Xbox 360 that casts up to four players in an epic struggle for survival against swarming zombie hordes and terrifying mutant monsters.

another non original game ,valve falls short hey why didn't they call it uh
Resident Evil remake by Valve using oh yeah the Quake engine.or better yet just make it a doom or Quake 4 addon? sorry you wasted 50 bucks you tard.
Actually, I didn't waste my $50. And I bought it for $40 at a Circuit City.

Every feature of Left 4 Dead - using the Half-Life 2 engine - was done right. The four characters do AI controlled animations and spout off story-driven dialog no matter who controls them, and their voice actors are good - which lends them an air of realism. Additionally, all the characters are different and likeable - something again where Fallout 3 fails. Shit, even the bad guys in Fallout 1 and 2 were likeable because they were realistic.

The levels also have a lot of character, with well-thought out, non-repeating designs and graffiti from other survivors to liven things up. Again, the same-ness of a lot of Fallout 3 environments is awful. The locations have character, just like they did in the first two Fallout games and Tactics.

The combat elements of Left 4 Dead are top-notch; the weaponry is satisfying, the zombie hordes are crazy, and there's several non-contrived situations where teamwork is a must to survive. And while it is derivative of several things, it either does it as homage or takes the very best things out of zombie movie cliches and puts them together in an entertaining mix. And it's nothing like Resident Evil; it's not survival horror in the sense that you go around going, "I'm so scared right now!", but in the sense of "Wow, this some horrifying shit, how will I survive?" when you see 50 zombies rushing at you. It's nothing like Resident Evil, and it's nothing like the zombie games before it; Left 4 Dead is Left 4 Dead, much like the original Fallout couldn't be compared to anything before it.

Also, I'm going to have to go ahead and call you a hypocrit. You accuse people of not being able to judge Fallout 3 without buying the full retail version. Without even experiencing the readily available demo of Left 4 Dead, how can you pass judgement at all? Oh wait, you can't and have any credibility. Way to pwn yourself, tard.
Last edited by Retlaw83 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

FlatL1ne wrote:they took 2 game types mixed them together and tried to please both communities.
Sorry but VtM:Bloodlines/Deus Ex/System Shock/hell, even kingpin prove this can be done more effectively and with more style.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

FlatL1ne wrote:
senisterdenister wrote:Fuck off. You lost. Deal with it.
wow what a reply , did i offend all the tards here ?
Man, that reply totally makes you the bigger man, doesn't it? It seems you didn't pay attention to my previous post in the thread. Let me reiterate myself, if you don't mind. I'll be sure to use a bigger font just to make sure you see it this time:
Don't double post, and use some proper punctuation and grammar you stupid fuck.
FlatL1ne
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FlatL1ne »

Retlaw83:
" You wouldn't get that response around here"

I have seen all over this forum where you guys , maybe not you specifically but others bash people all over.
I dont think of myself as superior ,again it was a reply to originators being dead ,most of which are my age or older now.it wasnt a slam against younger guys or anyone for that matter.

nice to see you talking now and not just bashing.since you have modded
before why not help then? instead of trashing people?
i came here with the intent of helping deliver new content to a game that people feel fell short and didn't live up to there expectations.and all i get is bashed ?

and yes when someone attacks me and talks like there ten ,i will treat them like they are ten if you had talked to me as a mature adult i would have had a much different response.
Last edited by FlatL1ne on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlatL1ne
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FlatL1ne »

Don't double post, and use some proper punctuation and grammar you stupid fuck.
[/quote]

i dont believe i double posted , i quoted someone else just as you have.
sorry i didn't use correct punctuation for you.

talk about a superiority complex.if you have correct other peoples punctuation all day.

darn that's an incomplete sentence isn't it . put to or too or even 2 after "have" please if it suits you.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

What you just did is called a double post, Mr. Frequent Forum user. You're a liar and charlatan, and worst of all, a hypocrite. Leave.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

FlatL1ne wrote: nice to see you talking now and not just bashing.since you have modded
before why not help then? instead of trashing people?
i came here with the intent of helping deliver new content to a game that people feel fell short and didn't live up to there expectations.and all i get is bashed ?
Fixing Fallout 3 would take more effort and time than it did to make the game. The weaponry and armor is the easiest stuff to fix, and several people are already doing it, including making new gun models.

The hard part is fixing the story line, which requires lip-synching files for characters, scripting, voice actors, bringing all this shit together, and, not the least of which, getting people to do all this for free. Fallout 3 being what people wanted ain't going to happen.
and yes when someone attacks me and talks like there ten i will ,i will treat them like they are ten if you had talked to me as a mature adult i would have had a much different response.
Yeah. Because calling people tards, then hypocritically telling them they wasted their money on a product you have no experience with - after admonishing people for doing the same - is mature, right?
- the Vault Dweller
FlatL1ne
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FlatL1ne »

ill try not to double quote here :) although i didnt think i had since i just hit the quote button next to each persons response and responded to them.

Retlaw83.

go back to the post where bashed Fallout 3 yet you admit you don't own it correct? you dl a torrent and based your decision to buy that game solely on the torrent is that correct?.

i was basically making the same point you are now.
i made that opinion based on its a shoot m up zombie monster game a direct quote from Valve.so taking the stance that it has been done b4 would be correct.I in no way implied that it isn't done better.i did say its a failure on valves part considering the games they have put out over the years i don't feel this is a very original concept.then again your right ,hey if i buy the game and play it i may have a different view.maybe someone else would also have a different opinion of fallout 3 ,not saying you you already have your opinion.some don't look at the storyline they look for the graphics etc.I wouldn't be here trying to improve the game if i didn't think it needs improvement.I dont have the experience to fix it all and in no way imply that here either.i agree it would take a big effort , i agree excellent games have been made on older engines with a lot of recoding.
giving everything that you have said is wrong with the game ,why not make a mod that fixes all these failures?.

to answer your ? it was immature on my part.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

FlatL1ne wrote: Retlaw83.

go back to the post where bashed Fallout 3 yet you admit you don't own it correct? you dl a torrent and based your decision to buy that game solely on the torrent is that correct?.
You seem to misunderstand what a torrent is. What I downloaded was the full retail version of the game, minus the packaging. Unless there's some magic in the DVD case that makes the story make sense, the weapons like they were in the original Fallout games, and the voice actors not sound bored, then you have no point. My Fallout 3 gameplay experience is identical to anyone who bought it.
i was basically making the same point you are now.
i made that opinion based on its a shoot m up zombie monster game a direct quote from Valve.
Yeah, you based it off of a marketing quote, without having any experience with the product. That's totally the same as playing through the game multiple times like I did with Fallout 3, desperately trying to find some redeeming value in it.

What you're saying is if I watch an illegal copy of a VHS movie, there's no possible way I can know about the movie in all it's glory. Which, is quite frankly, bullshit. Know what you're arguing before you argue it.
i did say its a failure on valves part considering the games they have put out over the years i don't feel this is a very original concept.
Except it's not a failure on Valve's part - but you wouldn't know that because you didn't even so much as try a demo.
- the Vault Dweller
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I always miss the good shit.

Torrents aren't ruining the industry. If anything is ruining the industry, it's used games, primarily done through gamestop. Course, this doesn't really apply to PC gaming, so the chance of this affecting this specific thread isn't as high, but still.

People can still rent/borrow games. You don't have to buy it in order to have played it to a point where you can render a review that is accurate, too lazy to read through but it seems no one considered that.

Also - stop arguing against torrents somehow being less than quality. Most torrents are actually BETTER than the retail copy. Take for instance FEAR which can be almost impossible to run as a retail copy due to fucking DRM but works far better as a torrent.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Claiming torrents are destroying gaming is wrong. Simple. Shitty games are ruining gaming. If I buy a game without any possibility to try it first, exept for a demo made by the very same company who made the game, and its a demo made to make the game $ell $ell $ell, I am essentialy buying a game blindfolded. You never buy anything without giving it a try first. Not a car, not a can of baked beans and not a diamond encrusted dildo. Either someone you know and trust gives the thumbs up, or you eat some beans, or drive the car yourself.

I can't trust gaming websites because they rate everything as "OMG Awesome!! 10/10. SHINY!". I cannot trust the demo and none of my friends are stupid enough to buy the game so I can try it out. Thats is why I download a torrent. So I can try the fucking game, and if its any good, I'll buy it.
FlatL1ne
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FlatL1ne »

ok i see what it is now , your totally pissed off because they didn't just remake "FALLOUT" yet you admit you played the entire game not once but 3 times.
if i dl a torrent and i dont like the program ,game whatever i get rid of the shit ,i dont play it 3 times to find some redeeming quality.if its shit its shit and thats the bottom line.

your missing the point i made and didnt read again.
of course valve didnt fail financially lol you bought the game.
did they make a good game "as far as zombie shit and monsters"?
hell i dont doubt it at all,was the storyline great -valve never fails as far as im concerned on a storyline.wheres the ORIGINALITY , apparently your
to focused on backing up the game to see what im really saying here.
so i have to explain this a little better i guess.
How many half -lifes are out there ? not the copy cat games
ok score 1 for VALVE they were first,how many zombie shooters out there including
fallout 1,2,3 lol.hell i cant count that high can you ?.

How many fallout games are out there, we will leave the zombies out this time lol.it was the first right ? ok you say the storyline sucks RE-WRITE it then.you say everything sucks RE-DO it then.

do you really think the guys at Valve sat around and argued in forums about how Quake sucked ? "Hypothetical"or do you think they one upped ID software by taking there engine ,recoding it writing one kick ass storyline and implementing all that into a game ?

yes test driving the car is great , i do it all the time.
how bout all the people that do it and just plain and simple could give a shit less and dont buy it even though they keep it ?the industry just lost a shitload of money to put into new better games made the way you guys want them didnt they, oh and lets not forget the price of all future games just went up 5 bucks.but thats ok because the game company is rich as fuck arent they.i bought original HL for 20 bucks ,HL-2 cost 49 hmm so i guess all the stealing the games hasnt had an impact has it ?

In the end i guess I just found some redeeming quality within the first 5 min of the game and no one else here did.np there are plenty of others who have.
for shits and giggles ill play l4dead of course i will test drive it first.im sure for what it is it will be awesome.maybe after that i will decide to add originality to it like a zombie who uses vhs and beta B-rated movies to attack you while magical bolts fly out his ass and his dvd copy of FO3 all while whistling dixie and pissing and moaning about how I could have made him better.of course i may have to charge a shitload of money for someone to play because a lot of guys who loved the concept wont pay for it ,oh well tough shit right.
coolman95
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by coolman95 »

lol shit :joy:
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I love new posters.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

FlatL1ne wrote:ok i see what it is now , your totally pissed off because they didn't just remake "FALLOUT" yet you admit you played the entire game not once but 3 times.
if i dl a torrent and i dont like the program ,game whatever i get rid of the shit ,i dont play it 3 times to find some redeeming quality.if its shit its shit and thats the bottom line.
No, I'm pissed off because they got the art direction more or less right and shat the bed on everything else. It's a lot like the movie Blade Trinity; I loved the first two, and couldn't comprehend how the third one could be so shitty.

Of course, there's a slim chance the third DLC will fix a lot of problems with the game. If that occurs, then I'll consider buying it.
your missing the point i made and didnt read again.
of course valve didnt fail financially lol you bought the game.
This wasn't a discussion about whether or not they failed financially. Hell, Fallout 3 certainly didn't fail financially and it's not very good. Valve succeeded because they made a good, quality product.
did they make a good game "as far as zombie shit and monsters"?
hell i dont doubt it at all,was the storyline great -valve never fails as far as im concerned on a storyline.wheres the ORIGINALITY
The originality is where it is in all good games - in the gameplay.
apparently your to focused on backing up the game to see what im really saying here.
so i have to explain this a little better i guess.
How many half -lifes are out there ? not the copy cat games
ok score 1 for VALVE they were first,how many zombie shooters out there including fallout 1,2,3 lol.hell i cant count that high can you ?.
I see exactly what you're saying. While Left 4 Dead has it's flaws, what you're bitching about aren't any of those. And if you think ghouls from Fallout = zombies, you're pretty fucking dumb. You might be able to count to three, but you certainly can't put two and two together.
How many fallout games are out there, we will leave the zombies out this time lol.it was the first right ? ok you say the storyline sucks RE-WRITE it then.you say everything sucks RE-DO it then.
I could re-write the storyline easy. Jamming that into the game would take more time and effort than it's worth for someone with a job and a life; just because your time has no worth doesn't mean mine doesn't.
do you really think the guys at Valve sat around and argued in forums about how Quake sucked ? "Hypothetical"or do you think they one upped ID software by taking there engine ,recoding it writing one kick ass storyline and implementing all that into a game ?
What the fuck does that have to do with the conversation at hand?

I'd imagine Valve said to themselves, "Hey, Quake is cool, let's do something cooler." Bethesda said to themselves, "Hey, Fallout is cool. Let's market it to assholes like Flatl1ne who claim to be 42 but act 15, and put in a shitty combination of different games, absolutely butcher the story of the first two games and recombine the elements into illogical slop, then promote the hell out of it to make millions."

how bout all the people that do it and just plain and simple could give a shit less and dont buy it even though they keep it ?
Yeah, because people drive off in cars they're test-driving all the time.
the industry just lost a shitload of money to put into new better games made the way you guys want them didnt they,
No, they didn't.
but thats ok because the game company is rich as fuck arent they.i bought original HL for 20 bucks ,HL-2 cost 49 hmm so i guess all the stealing the games hasnt had an impact has it ?
Congratulations - you bought the original Half-Life in a bargain bin. Brand new games have always been about $40-$50 for as long as I can remember, which is about 1995.
In the end i guess I just found some redeeming quality within the first 5 min of the game and no one else here did.np there are plenty of others who have.
Personally, I loved the beginning of Fallout 3. Then I left the Vault all the whole game turned to shit.
for shits and giggles ill play l4dead of course i will test drive it first.im sure for what it is it will be awesome.maybe after that i will decide to add originality to it like a zombie who uses vhs and beta B-rated movies to attack you while magical bolts fly out his ass and his dvd copy of FO3 all while whistling dixie and pissing and moaning about how I could have made him better.of course i may have to charge a shitload of money for someone to play because a lot of guys who loved the concept wont pay for it ,oh well tough shit right.
Why do I get the feeling you were furiously masturbating while typing this?
- the Vault Dweller
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

FlatL1ne wrote:ok you say the storyline sucks RE-WRITE it then.you say everything sucks RE-DO it then.
Do you really think it is up to the consumer(or the mod community) to fix a flawed game?

There are people who have bought the game and can't even run it because of bugs. But Bethesda has already cashed their product so their responsibility ends there; is that what you're saying?
how bout all the people that do it and just plain and simple could give a shit less and dont buy it even though they keep it ?the industry just lost a shitload of money to put into new better games made the way you guys want them didnt they, oh and lets not forget the price of all future games just went up 5 bucks.but thats ok because the game company is rich as fuck arent they.
Pouring more money into the gaming industry doesn't make better games - only more of the same.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

VasikkA wrote:Pouring more money into the gaming industry doesn't make better games - only more of the same.
This.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

quote wars FTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Our Host!