The pioneers are dead

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

WORLDonFIRE wrote:no they were wrong.compared to all the other crap out this year,this was game of the year
??
Did you mean that compared to all the crap, and ignoring the games that were better, this was game of the year?
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

On a level of pure technical achievement, I would have to say GTA4 was GOTY.

On a level of awesomeness, same answer.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Drunk_Squid
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Drunk_Squid »

I hate Grand Theft Auto, complete garbage.
I also hate all the random 3rd person "run around and hit things" games.
At least they still are releasing quality first person shooters and mods and such, I enjoy Half-life 2 mods myself.
FlatL1ne
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FlatL1ne »

VasikkA wrote:It's the people who buy these shitty games that have corrupted the industry.
hmm , if you havnt bought the game ,how can you even form some sort of critique on it ? maybe you downloaded a hacked p.o.s and base your comments on that?.
or maybe you think "oh its an fps its going to suck ass?
i own most of the fallout series myself.
i dont consider any of them p.o.s ,however im an RPG and FPS player so maybe my perspective is a little different.

to answer your quote above ,its actually the Torrent freaks and warez junkies that are ruining the business.
either they get there hands on a product that is still in process or a half ass unfinished Demo ,still buggy and in general in a stage where yes it is a p.o.s they spread this around and give everybody the idea that it is a p.o.s and then to add insult to injury come in forums like this one and talk shit about it.

its more than obvious that you didn't purchase the game or would be putting yourself the same category you mention in said quote.

i believe anyone who has purchased the game and has the same general
feeling that the game or games are p.o.s has the right to feel the way they do.be constructive in your criticism and you will get your point across to the gaming company, however if you just slam and swear at he company you will get no result at all.
1 link can change the strength of many
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

now thats a new poster
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Wow. Do you seriously believe every torrent is actually an unfinished version of the product?
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Obviously they're not, but even if they were it'd give no different an impression than a pre-release demo, which is enough to make an accurate assessment. It's not exactly about bugs; it's about the content, which is locked before any pre-relase compilation is made, unless we're talking early alphas.

Also, let me be the first to say, FlatL1ne has sex with men in a totally heterosexual way. :MRSnake: :M
FlatL1ne
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FlatL1ne »

entertainer wrote:now thats a new poster
True , i am a new poster in this particular forum
it is my hope to improve upon the game that most "at least it seems in this forum" feel is a p.o.s FO3

I'm #1 a game player myself ,but i have been involved in modding communities for the Unreal series ,Half-life series.

I mainly do texture art modeling for myself and level editing.
the G.E.C.K is new to me yet I'm finding most aspects of it to be straight
forward.most complaints i see in modding for the game are that they want to use tools that are for an outdated engine that well is just that outdated.
that's not to diminish how these people feel yet it is a reality.
you cant build a better game engine without improving the tools them selves weather its an old tool that is updated for the new engine or a new tool.

maybe this post would be better suited in modding ,however im using it to introduce myself and also to let everyone know that original is not dead lol.
Im 42 myself and im still around lol.

the original creators of fallout are still around ,they just ran out of money and a company that would support them.
Interplay and others "the companies that market games" are just greedy and jump from one thing to another with no respect to the actual creators of games.

anyhow nice to meet everyone here , I'm as opinionated as everyone else here believe me ,i guess i try to approach things differently now that im older lol. i have had my share of angry bashing posts over the years believe me and just came to realize these companies wont listen to someone who doesnt give key examples and constructive criticism to them.sure your angry and didnt get what you thought you would for the price you paid.write the company let them know your angry but do it in a way that says this person is mature and worth listening to ,not in a way that says hey im an angry immature shit and you better listen to me.
I have done both and only got results with the tactful way.
FlatL1ne
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FlatL1ne »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Wow. Do you seriously believe every torrent is actually an unfinished version of the product?
i have had my share of torrents lol .
yes a lot are hacked ,some hacked to shit and yes some are the final product for the most part to answer the other post.
your not talking to some ignoramus who just walked in off the street,
i was doing all the downloading and warez before most of you
took your first shit lol , back then they called it a BBS not an internet,
then there were news groups .
and it does destroy the industry.
does it give the community a chance to see what it is they may be purchasing ? yes and no.
for a true torrent post you get a release of the final product and not a hacked version of it. I own the game but also had checked out a torrent of it and im here to tell there are differences. #1 most of the music has been ripped this is a key game element ,you cant get immersed in a game that lacks this ,the music or environment sounds are what draw you in ,the textures are what give the wow this cool and feels real.strip any of that out and what do you get ? a big pile of shit that no one wants to go out and buy. as for the game play itself did this fallout meet the standards of a true rpg gamer or an fps player ? No.but give these guys credit where credit is due.they took 2 game types mixed them together and tried to please both communities.is the game engine outdated ,hell yeah lol even if its new to them and you.
i can sit here all day and agree what should have been or what shouldn't have been in the game and i can argue about torrents with children who get torrents because there sole purpose is to get something for free and then piss and moan about it.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

FlatL1ne wrote:some ignoramus who just walked in off the street,
I think you're confusing the internet with some kind of building or something.

and nice to meet you too. :giggle:
FlatL1ne
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FlatL1ne »

PS. im not here to get in a pissing match with any of you.
everyone has a right to an opinion.

Im here to get involved in making this a better game.

things i dont like about the game.
outdated engine
lack of support from Bethesda themselves "most big companies are like this"
the fact that they didn't do there homework on some of the weapons in the game and how they may be modified in the real world of FO3.
the Lincoln rifle for example. the rifle is a 1860 Henry , approx 400-700 where produced ,this one is special the etching is gold plated over brass ,it was textured to what brass would like after so many decades.the brass underneath given that was in a case all this time would be intact and would lack PATINA and gold ages differently ,they gave the stock or butt as you will a different wood also the barrel was made from Forged steel which ages differently ,given the age and usage etc . basically they went to the Smithsonian site to get the etching and to Henry to see an 1860 rifle however failed to look into the materials used to make this weapon and how they aged.i would have done the same thing had this just been reg rifle BUT ITS NOT lol.
also this particular weapon was rarely used in the civil war and considered a piece of crap until it was revised by Winchester and had wooden stock added to the barrel because it got so hot you couldn't shoot it let alone aim and get a head shot with it in its original state.

for you programmers out there the rate of fire is all wrong on this also.
only an expert with this rifle could squeeze off the amount of shots with this weapon that are aloud and any character in the game that has a high enough repair value would modify this weapon by adding some sort of stock that it wouldnt burn there hands and a scope.should this be an automatic add ,uh no obviously.you be aloud at some point given your skill level to be able to do this modification then though based on your repair ,intelligence and science levels.

this is a mod im working on as far as textures and maybe using NifScope to add the stock and the scope.

so see im not happy about a lot of the things in the game either ,i choose to voice it differently thats all.
also im not saying im better its just how i choose to get the results i want in the game.
Last edited by FlatL1ne on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlatL1ne
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FlatL1ne »

Dogmeatlives wrote:
FlatL1ne wrote:some ignoramus who just walked in off the street,
I think you're confusing the internet with some kind of building or something.

and nice to meet you too. :giggle:
lol at building ,i see your point.
i was just pointing out that im not a noob on the net and have an understanding of most things on the internet.mainly the time frame i have been using it.

nice to meet you also
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Don't double post, and use some proper punctuation and grammar you stupid fuck.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

FlatL1ne wrote: i have had my share of torrents lol .
yes a lot are hacked ,some hacked to shit and yes some are the final product for the most part to answer the other post.
your not talking to some ignoramus who just walked in off the street,
i was doing all the downloading and warez before most of you
took your first shit lol , back then they called it a BBS not an internet,
then there were news groups .
English translation: way back when the internet started and people leaked half finished products, and we didn't have enough publicity at our disposal to know it's half finished, we judged things based on that. That means all warez these days are obviously like that.

Wait, actually, I have no fucking idea. I'm actually in high school, which is obvious because I'm claiming to be older than everyone on the website lolz.
for a true torrent post you get a release of the final product and not a hacked version of it. I own the game but also had checked out a torrent of it and im here to tell there are differences. #1 most of the music has been ripped this is a key game element ,you cant get immersed in a game that lacks this ,the music or environment sounds are what draw you in ,the textures are what give the wow this cool and feels real.strip any of that out and what do you get ? a big pile of shit that no one wants to go out and buy.
I have a Fallout 3 torrent. All the music is intact. No pirate is stupid enough to remove textures.
as for the game play itself did this fallout meet the standards of a true rpg gamer or an fps player ? No.but give these guys credit where credit is due.they took 2 game types mixed them together and tried to please both communities.
That's not credit where credit is due. They simply tried to cash in on two markets and failed.
is the game engine outdated ,hell yeah lol even if its new to them and you.
Who cares? Fallout never has been about the engine, it's been about the dialog options and consistent internal logic with the story. This game lacks both.
i can argue about torrents with children who get torrents because there sole purpose is to get something for free and then piss and moan about it.
No, people aren't pissing and moaning about torrents. They're pissing and moaning about the complete game, in it's final form. I routinely download torrents of games I'm interested in. If it's a good piece of work, I buy it. If it's awful, I don't buy it. I did that with Left 4 Dead, and the commercial DVD is in my drive as I type this.

Fallout 3 is decidedly below average in several points, and the design philosophy behind several parts of the game is quite frankly disgusting.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

GO Retlaw! Go! GO! :salute:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I'm having a hard time believing this guy is 42.

If so, then

SenisterDenister

I'm pretty sure the dude in that picture is niejadek.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

DAC's angst has once again been severely underestimated.
FlatL1ne
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FlatL1ne »

retlaw83
quote "Wait, actually, I have no fucking idea. I'm actually in high school, which is obvious because I'm claiming to be older than everyone on the website lolz"

#1 i posted my age to show that original isn't dead ,why dont you read the entire post ,instead of cutting out snippets and replying to them.

if the game and or games where only about storyline then i would have bought the damn books lol.

as for the internet reply , way back when they released like they do now ,
incomplete or complete.if you read what i posted , i didnt say they took out the textures.what i said is that the music is a key element that goes along with the textures and immerses you in the game.

good for you ,you know how to dl torrents to ,here a cookie ,shove it in your ass maybe you will be able to think original at least.

have you made any attempt to improve the game or for that matter any game you have ever played.

what if i was modding for the original fallout ,i guess i would get replies like man you must be old as fuck that game was made way back when dinosaurs licked my grandfathers balls.

as for l4dead heres a snippet
From Valve (the creators of Counter-Strike, Half-Life and more) comes Left 4 Dead, a co-op action horror game for the PC and Xbox 360 that casts up to four players in an epic struggle for survival against swarming zombie hordes and terrifying mutant monsters.

another non original game ,valve falls short hey why didn't they call it uh
Resident Evil remake by Valve using oh yeah the Quake engine.or better yet just make it a doom or Quake 4 addon? sorry you wasted 50 bucks you tard.
SenisterDenister

Fuck off. You lost. Deal with it.
Our Host!