Version 1.1 Vs. European Version 1.2

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Version 1.1 Vs. European Version 1.2

Post by Viktor »

I've planned to play FO for a while, so I had already downloaded the V1.1 patch. Imagine my surprise when I installed the game from the Virgin Interactive White Label FO + FO2 pack......version 1.2 of the game!!

Now, the offical site says 1.2 is the European version and has the same fixes as V 1.2.....but I don't trust the f**kers as I played the fully patched (I thought) European version of FO2 for a whole month before I found out that all the children had been removed and I had to patch 'em back in!! I wondered why I couldn't find little Johnny in Modoc or see who was stealing my gear in the Den....

C'mon guys, tell me how they've gipped us Europeans this time!!!

While I'm on the subject of installation, I had a pop up screen telling me there was a later version of DirectX available on the CDROM and asking me if I wanted to install DirectX 3.0a!!! How I laughed!!! Since I have 8.1 installed, I'm guessing it didn't check and assumed it was still '97 when 3.0a was hot shit!!

The moment I clicked on the install option, the screen went totally blue and I thought the f**ker had crashed my PC!! As the HD was still active and I could hear the CDROM spinning, I tried moving the mouse and the blue disappeared wherever I moved the most to reveal the install background....Was this just a 'Viktor - only' suprise or did anyone else see this????

PS. I'm loving the game although I found Ian just as sloppy at watching where his burst fire bullets go as Sulik was in FO2!!
Kozmo_Naut
Respected
Respected

Post by Kozmo_Naut »

You should be happy you didn't get the German Low-violence version...
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Are there any children in the european version of Fallout 1?
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Nope, no children. Unless you apply the gore patch.
Wolf401
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Wolf401 »

Rat Keeng wrote:Nope, no children. Unless you apply the gore patch.
Where can you download that one ? And is there one for Fallout 2 ?
" Death is the Khan way of telling you not be such a smartass "
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

My version of Fallout 1 has the death anims but no children which one do I download?
Our Host!