What about LIAM NEESON????

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

What about LIAM NEESON????

Post by Zbyram »

Godamn the front page of DAC is swarming with pretty favourable reviews of FO3 and still no mention of Qui-Gon!!! Is his voice as awesome as the rest of the game?? Does he comment on the destruction of Megaton?? Come on guys I wanna know!

Seriously, does he do a decent job or is it like "shit it's Liam Neeson again"? More importantly, what about Ron Perlman, did they manage to screw up his intro?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

He sounds like he's doing his best impression of Orson Welles reading his lines in Transformers: The Movie. Bored and like he's only participating in a children's project because the zeros on his check tell him to.
Last edited by Wolfman Walt on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Neeson has been pretty dull. His voice alone just doesn't do anything for me, in his movies it tends to be his facial expressions.

Malcolm McDowell on the other hand, has done a great job from what I've heard so far.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Liam Neeson DIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS in Quest "Home Again, Home Again, Lickety Split"

OMFG!

*spoiler alert*
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

PRESIDENT IS ROBOTS!!!
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Fallout 40k. :rolleyes:
���������
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

If you listen in the beginning to his reaction of his wife dying, its priceless... He's very casual about death apparently. What I've heard of it, it sucks. I also noticed while first entering Megaton, that the speech options have very little flavor, much less than original games, and speech options after huge events don't seem to change accordingly. For instance, the black sheriff was killed arresting a super evil guy in a scripted event. After his death, nobody seemed to mention it or want to talk about it.

My point being that the dialogue just sucks overall
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Yeah, Dad's voice acting is fucking terrible, like the rest of the voice acting in the game. It all sounds like they just handed him a sheet of lines with no indication of what inflection he should use or when or why the lines were going to take place in the game.

It's especially bad when you meet hardcore hostle bastards who have the gallant knight voice guy from oblivion like the super sledge guy in paradise falls.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I think part of the problem with that is they rehired alot of the voice actors from Oblivion.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Steel be with you!
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Wolfman Walt wrote:the zeros on his check tell him to.
qfe :salute:
does this work
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Wolfman Walt wrote:I think part of the problem with that is they rehired alot of the voice actors from Oblivion.
I think that reusing anything/eveything from oblivion 80% of the problem with the game. It's the "bethesda games are always fucking garbage" 20% which really fills the shit twinkie though.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Dogmeatlives wrote: For instance, the black sheriff was killed arresting a super evil guy in a scripted event. After his death, nobody seemed to mention it or want to talk about it.
[/img]
That was one of the few things that surprised me in F3 - I didn't even have time to pull my gun because I was all "woah dude look out!" and BAM! it was over.

I looted both bodies... :drunk:

Only person that even seemed to MENTION it was the Sheriff's kid, and his dialogue/inflection didn't even make me feel sorry for him...I actually laughed....*blush*
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

DARKMAN!
BECOMES
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

oh shit, that was him!?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

that was pretty good actually

the first one at least
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I was unaware they made sequels.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

According to IMDB it ends with Darkman III, but I could have sworn they made them past 4.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Malcom Mcdowell kicked ass, should of had Burt Reyoolds or George Clonney voice James.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Superhaze wrote:You are such a OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone.
To lazy to write it two times in to different threads.

:M
Our Host!