World War 3 ?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Do you think World War 3 will happen

Yes , and whit a lot of Nukes !
50%
No , and no Nukes !
6%
Maybe...
44%

Total votes: 18

Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

James wrote: See my response to Lynxer below.

Well we dont want the world's resources to run out and with the space.

I do amitt that wars are horrible in reality but scienctists predict that the world pop. will go out of control in 2070. So if we can conolinized the moon, mars and mars's moons soon, we will be okay.
No scientists do not predict stuff like that. Idiots perhaps, but not scientists.
Stupid n00b! That was me who said that!
*plonk*

Who the fuck are "they"? The illuminati? The men in the black helicopters? Are you wearing your tinfoil hat at the moment?
Again, Stupid N00b! stupid stupid n00b! Ther illuminati want to rid the world of religion and rule thwe world under one world order.

www.oneworldorder.org
James
Respected
Respected

Post by James »

And a stupid nOOb to you too ;-)

I know you wrote that, I meant you should also consider my response to Lynxer, which is below, just not directly.
"Ancient Greece was ahead of its time, and before our time. They had no TV, but they had lots of philosophers.
I, personally, would not want to sit all evening watching a philosopher."
Crow of Ill Omen
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Crow of Ill Omen »

James wrote:Erm, yes. But compared to racial and national tensions during (or before) the wars one could argue the general trend was a decline in tension...
Not that these things can be quantified, but wasn't it partly residual racial tension (in the form of Germany feeling oppressed) from WWI that enabled Nazi-style Nationalism to gain a foothold?

Yeah, the Balkans already had high racial tension but, judging by the resurgence of those throughout the remainder of the century (including the atrocities of the Bosnian conflict) any decline in tension was short-term at best.
Several silly boys wrote:something to the effect of "killing people is good for mankind, because corpses take up less room"
Yes, overpopulation has its drawbacks. A rise in alienation and tension leading to aggresive tendencies and anti-social/criminal behaviour are pretty high amongst them.

War, on the other hand, encourages aggressive behaviour, condones (or even glorifies) killing, promotes hate of strangers and generally focuses society towards the goal of subduing other people. How is that preferable?

Why would we turn to war instead of more peaceful means of population reduction (such as social/sexual education, incentives, and contraceptive promotion)? Apart from anything else, unless we do these things, any temporary and relatively minor population reduction caused by another conventional war would be followed by a population boom if the past is anything to go by.
Sqawk
James
Respected
Respected

Post by James »

but wasn't it partly residual racial tension (in the form of Germany feeling oppressed) from WWI that enabled Nazi-style Nationalism to gain a foothold?
Good point :-)

The restrictions placed on Germany by Britain and France with the treaty of Versailles (sp?) were a major factor when considering the rise of the Nazis.

OTH, even if the treaty had been fair, there would still have been a massive depression in Germany. And the establishment of communism in Russia, and fairly successful communist parties in Germany, also helped the nationalists in the long run.
"Ancient Greece was ahead of its time, and before our time. They had no TV, but they had lots of philosophers.
I, personally, would not want to sit all evening watching a philosopher."
Davide
Regular
Regular

Post by Davide »

And if World War 3 realy hapens how you think it is going to hapen ?(why )
PAPA ROACH IS X YOU ARE ALL Y
Crow of Ill Omen
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Crow of Ill Omen »

I think Panama will surge northward through Costa Rica and Nicaragua on an onstoppable wave of conquest. They'll take Mexico with ease and be well into the southern states (by then reverted to confederacy) before Canada wakes up and smells the Central American coffee.

Canada's rapid and violent response will create a deadlock in the central states, and will make the newly formed Mongolian Block (encompassing China and most of the former USSR) nervous enough to intercede.

France and Britain will believe the day they dreaded has finally come and launch the Eiffel Tower and Big Ben, respectively, at the Mongolian capital, thus dragging Northern Europe into the conflict.

Africa will remain neutral until India, after the sand mines of the North African Cartel, forces them into action through an elephant-mounted invasion.
Sqawk
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

I think it may start between India and Pankitstan, itchy trigger fingers and Nukes are not a good mix.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Population management in ways of stimulating the use of preservatives and launching 1-child projects, not massacering thousands of people.

You should have understood this rather than classify my a sadist right away. Are you on prozac..?

Anyhow...War as i mentioned in relation to overpopulation was an example to illustrate the seriousness of overpopulation.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

A new world war is hard to predict but because I'm an optimist I voted Yes. And a lot of nukes raining down the skies would spice it up a bit... :roll:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

If killing the population is so good why not make a start and kill your family? I doubt you would be happy if a bomb landed on top of your house and killed everyone in a 5 mile area. Then afterwards there's the damage in economy and pollution etc etc. Yes there would be advances in technology, but they will all probably be weapons. They're not going to manufacture something you could use on a day to day basis.

Overpopulation will never happen. There's plenty of room on the land and sea and if it gets to bad they will probably pass a law where you can only have one child per family.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Of course, there would be shelters, depending on where you live. :roll:

I don't believe overpopulation is a problem, besides, it's predicted worlds population is starting to decrease in a couple of hundred years or so.
Davide
Regular
Regular

Post by Davide »

We can get a conflict involving USA vs. Sadamn Hussane and get a global war ! WHIT A LOT OF NUKES AND BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS !

Or maybe Al Quaeda bombs Vatican and kill the pope , and so we get a new crusade versus the Islam financed by USA !
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

That would be a terrorist action done by terrorists, not by the Islam religion, Rasict!
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

I don't know, there is an awful lot of terrorist action in the Middle East. Maybe another Crusade is just what we need. ;)
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

and i may have been wrong with the islam religion, it actually is the Muslim but the world needs a little war here and there, there have to be a balance though....
Davide
Regular
Regular

Post by Davide »

hummmmm..... USA and canada vs the rest of world :lol:
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

US Canada, UK and Australia v. rest of the world.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Ehh WTF about Europe, the mother of the westen lifestyle?
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Europe can fend for themselves. I'm so sick of Europeans on boards bitching about America and how it's not as great as everyone says.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Ah well, im planning on migrating to the US in a few years, when i reached the appropriate age. I dont approve of all of its policies but on the whole i think its a great country.
Our Host!