World War 3 ?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Do you think World War 3 will happen

Yes , and whit a lot of Nukes !
50%
No , and no Nukes !
6%
Maybe...
44%

Total votes: 18

Davide
Regular
Regular

World War 3 ?

Post by Davide »

My self i think great changes are going to come only after a war but will it hapen ?
Last edited by Davide on Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAPA ROACH IS X YOU ARE ALL Y
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Yes, there will be another major war. Perhaps not within a decade, but it will come.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Davide
Regular
Regular

Post by Davide »

opps ! 8O what hell happened ate the main title ?Thats why i am a N00b ! Could please someone find a way to correct it ?
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Just click on the button that says "edit" displayed in the upper right corner of the overlay. U can alter the entity for subject there.
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

Be thankful Lynxer has such masterful patience.

Take some time to type out what you say too.
Crow of Ill Omen
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Re: Woerld War 3 ?

Post by Crow of Ill Omen »

Davide wrote:My self i think great changes are going to come only after a war but will it hapen ?
Do you think these great changes will be for the better or worse? After each of the previous 2 world wars, there were long periods of economic recession, not to mention a general rise in various racial/national tensions.

I think great changes happen fairly frequently and will continue to do so come peace or war. War would affect the nature of the change, I suppose.
Sqawk
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

War brings a lot of technological change, or has in the past at least.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

we need another cold war type thing, so we can bring up our technology-- Space race!

hehe, as long as i dont get noookd, cause we dont have any vaults yet. at least i dont think we do
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It's funny how almost every kind of "space race" (firing shuttles, satellites, space-centers in the space...) has nearly ceased after the Cold War? :?

'Guess they were in such a hurry in the 60's that they used nearly all governmental funds :mrgreen:
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Well... no, not really. I be more surprised if it continued after the Cold War.
James
Respected
Respected

Post by James »

Do you think these great changes will be for the better or worse?
War brings a lot of technological change, or has in the past at least.
Einstien once said "I don't know what kind of weapons will be used in the third world war, assuming there will be a third world war. But I can tell you what the fourth world war will be fought with: stone clubs."

If there is a third world war then we may not even get to dispute that quote ;-)

Niels Bohr once said, after the events in '45, "We are in a totally new situation which cannot be resolved by war". If we don't take his quotes out of context (he was reffering to major world war) he was quite correct. In most situations, I belive we would get another cold war instead of the hotter wars we saw in the '40s and earlier.

Empire building isn't done by contries anymore, either.

After each of the previous 2 world wars, there were long periods of economic recession, not to mention a general rise in various racial/national tensions.
Erm, yes. But compared to racial and national tensions during (or before) the wars one could argue the general trend was a decline in tension...
"Ancient Greece was ahead of its time, and before our time. They had no TV, but they had lots of philosophers.
I, personally, would not want to sit all evening watching a philosopher."
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Personally, I think wars are great. They control the world's population and in the process countries devellop more destructive and independant weapons.
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

Dark Xenomorph wrote:Personally, I think wars are great. They control the world's population and in the process countries devellop more destructive and independant weapons.
And how, pray tell, is this "great"?

Moron.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Well we dont want the world's resouces to run out and with the space.

I do amitt that wars are horrible in reality but scienctists predict that the world pop. will go out of control in 2070. So if we can conolinized the moon, mars and mars's moons soon, we will be okay.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

population management is great. for mankind's sake, overpopulation is probably more harmfull than global warfare is.

Davide, u requested information on how to alter the topics title, now that u have been provided, why not execute?
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Lynxer wrote:population management is great. for mankind's sake, overpopulation is probably more harmfull than global warfare is.
True, so true.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

If overpopulation does occur, and there is no war raging...i fear they will use biological agents to thin out mankind.

Im talking, deliberate assasaination of lots of people. this will probably go by unnoticed as they will blame it upon mother nature.

Ok, this is starting to sound like UNCIVILIZATION.
Davide
Regular
Regular

Post by Davide »

Sorry , linxer but I was off-line, thanks for the hint, I think war bring good and bad changes , and only a global conflict can redirectionate the world future , war brings technical improvement , so true a lot of deads too , but maybe humanity will learn a lesson from that and will try to re-build a new and beter world for evryone
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

The UN might create a plage and blame it on a Terrorist cell or release Small Pox and say we cant create the cure anymore.
James
Respected
Respected

Post by James »

Argh! I tried not to rise to it....

RANT:
Personally, I think wars are great. They control the world's population and in the process countries devellop more destructive and independant weapons.
Right... Are you sure great is the right word. Did you, perhaps, mistype and you really meant to write crap or not very good instead?

Well, I’d like to see you surrender yourself or your loved ones to such a “great” cause.

See my response to Lynxer below.

Well we dont want the world's resources to run out and with the space.

I do amitt that wars are horrible in reality but scienctists predict that the world pop. will go out of control in 2070. So if we can conolinized the moon, mars and mars's moons soon, we will be okay.
No scientists do not predict stuff like that. Idiots perhaps, but not scientists.

There is no problem with space or resources (or population growth, should it come to it) which cannot be solved without resorting to crushing the untermencshen and taking their lebensraum, which is what you and your chum are in danger of sounding like. Excuse my crappy German.

The UN might create a plage and blame it on a Terrorist cell or release Small Pox and say we cant create the cure anymore.
*plonk*

And this would help the UN to represent all the people of the world how?

population management is great. for mankind's sake, overpopulation is probably more harmfull than global warfare is.
Do you think about ideas before you post them? Have you any remote idea what would happen in a modern world war?

However, if you believe the stuff which you just wrote then I recommend that you personally volunteer to either: take a first hand role in this population management by risking your neck in a war, or, sterilise yourself for the good of mankind.

Until you are prepared to take such measures then you may risk coming across as a sadistic hypocrite, or just plain dumb.

It's all well and good to talk about population control when we consider, for example, the burning of heath land or prairies to make way for younger plants, but when you start to talk about other people then you must include yourself in whatever you consider.

If overpopulation does occur, and there is no war raging...i fear they will use biological agents to thin out mankind.

Im talking, deliberate assasaination of lots of people. this will probably go by unnoticed as they will blame it upon mother nature.
*plonk*

Who the fuck are "they"? The illuminati? The men in the black helicopters? Are you wearing your tinfoil hat at the moment?

If the world is overpopulated then there are more people than can be supported. By definition then, if the world is overpopulated then people will die until it is no longer overpopulated.
"Ancient Greece was ahead of its time, and before our time. They had no TV, but they had lots of philosophers.
I, personally, would not want to sit all evening watching a philosopher."
Our Host!