Fallout 3: Your thoughts

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I believe that's half the problem. The massive hype machine pretty much seems to gloss over alot of the flaws, which from my perspective make the game not-fun. I don't expect people to agree with me, and hey people liked lolblivion too, but as far as I'm concerned, both are games that aren't worth the price of admission, as I really didn't get much enjoyment, laughs, or what not from playing the games.
mcdonis
SDF!
SDF!

Post by mcdonis »

Personally I never understood the reasons why folks felt Fallout 2 was inferior to the orginial. I actually thought the pop culture references were short diversions that were fun and enjoyable and didnt detract from the main story at all.

I think the real compairson is after you finished everything there is to finish in all three of these games how much motivation do you think you would have to replay them. Right now I would have to say I will still continue to replay Fallout 1 and 2. However with Fallout 3 unless the DLC or editors come up with something I really dont see me replaying Fallout 3 more than 1 or 2 more times total.

Dont get me wrong I enjoyed Fallout 3 despite its flaws. But this games potential was clearly not reached, I would love to have seen the Black Isle guys tweek this game (especially the ending) to see what they would have come up with.
REVERANDPIP
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by REVERANDPIP »

oh dear god just picked it up yesterday on XBOX, sorry but i seem to remember that supermutants were actuallt hard in the beginning. the first one i got to died in one VATS head shot. Megaton is boring as shit. the escape from Vault 101 turned into a blood bath. Seriously, 101 security couldn't guard a burger. dialogue is shitty. The raider hide out in Springvale ( I hope) school couldn't raid a blowjob off a crack whore.
going to restart and turn up the difficulty to max.

the best part of this experience so far was the fit CHAV bird who sold me it in GAME. Oh and for a post apoc world how many fucking guns are lying around so early on in the game. An what the fuck is the supermutant behemoth outside the radio station??? don't remember that from 1+2

still back to this FPS tonight and this time Megaton gets nuked... :censored:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

GRAmMER iS f0r N00bS!
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

That guy's post gave me diarrhea.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

LOOK OUT THERE GOING PUT HIM IN A BOTTLE

:drunk:
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

i thought it was oblivion with firearms.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

chool avatar dude!!!

like oblivion, will skip fallout3.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

rad resistance wrote:i thought it was oblivion with firearms.
The new hype is that Oblivion is just Fallout with swords.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

rad resistance wrote:i thought it was oblivion with firearms.
mr.Zahn
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by mr.Zahn »

Today I uninstalled FO3 to make room on my HD for Bully.

Today was a good day. :ice cube:
Knuckle Sandwich Vendetta!
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

YA, i was thinking of doing the same thing. After downloading Gta 4 which is like 14 gigs, i am starting to worry what future games will be sized at. I have a suitable amount to last me about 4-9 games depending on size, (ya, my HD isnt that big) the first tthing that comes to my mind about saving room is uninstalling fallout 3. rofl, i still have fallout 1 and 2 installed. i install it everytime i put a new harddrive. ;) I have to say though, Fallout 3 wasn't as big as a waste of money as Spore. OH!!!

START MODDING THE SHIT OUT OF FALLOUT 3, PLEASE!! that is my only hope for replay ability, i cant wait to see links in the forums of people's mods.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

OriahUlrich wrote:
START MODDING THE SHIT OUT OF FALLOUT 3, PLEASE!! that is my only
hope for replay ability, i cant wait to see links in the forums of people's
mods.
It has already started. Unfortunately it seems that the majority of the
modders working atm are Oblivitards and not Fallout fanatics. :fallout3nexus:

Hello Kitty armor anyone? or how about a super sweet black spec-ops full-
auto sniper rifle, or golden desert eagles? Modding can finally make this
game bling like a motherfucker. Who wants a gay ol' rusty hunting rifle?
zOMG!! Its totally not what I would use in a nuclear wasteland. I would go
for the super awesome 50'centz shooting like the hezbollah gold-plated
ak-74su. Just like black isle would have done it if they had the graphxz
yo!

...I'm sure there are some good ones somewhere in the crap-pile that is
fallout3nexus, but I'm to demoralized to wade neck deep is shit on all four to find them.

:sadblinky:
REVERANDPIP
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by REVERANDPIP »

:anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger:

like a small baby I cried last night, what has happened? did i heed the wisdom of DAC, did I fuck no. The Discount price and the FO3 name has pulled me down into a pit of self multilation.
analord
SDF!
SDF!

Post by analord »

Voltergeist wrote:I haven't yet played the original Fallout games (cue irritating "you don't know what you're talking about then" comments).

But I can safely say that Fallout 3 is one of the best games I've ever played. It totally engages me, looks great and has lots of variables which makes me want to play it several times in different styles.

I think that some people just want to slate it in order to sound "cool", going against the general majority vote. That being a vast amount of 5/5 reviews and wholehearted acceptance of the game as a worthy sequel.

Not that any opinion matters (even my own) as the sales figures reflect global success...

It's easy to let your personal experience of the original games colour your judgement of a new take on the Fallout experience. But you should be thankful and respectful of the amount of time and skill which has gone into making Fallout 3, as it keeps the original game (and it's creators) alive, and puts the original versions back in the limelight again, earning (once more) the respect and acclaim that it enjoyed in the past.

I speak from personal experience. I have recently payed for official downloads of the original Fallout games from Black Isle (Interplay) which I would never have done if it wasn't for having such a good time playing Fallout 3...

Gotcha?

Shaun

;] :chainsaw:
Cue the irritating "You don't know what you're talking about" comments.

See, this discussion has been around longer then you have; it's not your discussion, you're picking it up from people. You haven't played Fallout, so you have no idea where what we're talking about.

You think Fallout 3 is a great game simply because you have no idea what a great game is. "I can safely say that Fallout 3 is one of the best games I've ever played" even though you haven't even touched Fallout 1 or 2. This game... isn't art....

The only reason Fallout 3 seems so creative and fresh is because they tried desperately to recreate Fallout (1) in the Oblivion engine (minus the boring parts like actual character of interface and storytelling). It's mock Fallout. A real Fallout sequel would be much more organized then this.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

He does have an idea what he's talking about - it's his opinion whether he thinks fallout 3 is great - of course, LIKE HE SAID he hasn't played the original Fallout games - let him restate his opinion *after* he's experienced excellence - at least he's willing to play the old Fallout games rather than just go "OMFG grafix suk soo bad in old gaymes...jeez..."
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

single post d-bags are generally not to be taken seriously
Superhaze wrote:
OriahUlrich wrote:
START MODDING THE SHIT OUT OF FALLOUT 3, PLEASE!! that is my only
hope for replay ability, i cant wait to see links in the forums of people's
mods.
It has already started. Unfortunately it seems that the majority of the
modders working atm are Oblivitards and not Fallout fanatics. :fallout3nexus:

Hello Kitty armor anyone? or how about a super sweet black spec-ops full-
auto sniper rifle, or golden desert eagles? Modding can finally make this
game bling like a motherfucker. Who wants a gay ol' rusty hunting rifle?
zOMG!! Its totally not what I would use in a nuclear wasteland. I would go
for the super awesome 50'centz shooting like the hezbollah gold-plated
ak-74su. Just like black isle would have done it if they had the graphxz
yo!

...I'm sure there are some good ones somewhere in the crap-pile that is
fallout3nexus, but I'm to demoralized to wade neck deep is shit on all four to find them.

:sadblinky:
Farthest I would go, was I the 3D modelling type, would be to make a FN P90 (or import it with some filters from CSS), a silenced SOCOM pistol, or a Pancor Jackhammer. Nothing too amazing.

Then again, making a new set of Power Armor out of something like this would be interesting.

More seriously though, what I've seen thus far-- hello kitty armor and such-- really just... depresses me. I mean, who would have the indecency and disgrace to have something as iconic as power armor graffitied with that stupid girly bullshit? Who would put gold desert eagles into a game where the only place gold should ever be seen is in conductive wiring, at most?
...sonofabitch.

BTW: my second playthrough is as Stephen Colbert. It looks astonishingly close to him with reading glasses and a pre-war suit. lulz
peasofme
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by peasofme »

best games of all time:

1. fo3
2. arcanum
3. temple of elemental evil
4. fo2
5. fo1
6. baldurs gate 1 pc
7. baldurs gate 2 pc
8. kotor
9. diablo 2
10. culdcept saga
11. magic the gathering duels of the planes walkers

fo3 is the best game ever. it has the action of the best action games, the depth of the deepest games, as much role playing as the best role playing games, graphics rivaling the prettiest games, adult themes rivaling the most adult games. it is the evolution of the fallout series. from my best games of all time list u can see i have the best taste in games ever. it kicks the crap out of that boring game they call oblivion. can't wait for dragon age and diablo 3.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

i dont think so tim
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Look at the list, clearly flamebait.
Our Host!