Duck and Cover Forum Index

Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Sir Timothy Cain's Thoughts on Fallout 3 View next topic
View previous topic
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[ Community -> Interview ]

There is an interview of Tim Cain at Edge Online and they ask him all sorts of questions and here are some about FO3:

What are your impressions of what youíve seen of Fallout 3? Do you think that theyíre doing that franchise justice?

TC: I do like what Iíve seen about Fallout 3. Iíve talked to those guys at Bethesda about it and they know that itís their IP now and theyíve gone in a certain direction that I find very intriguing. Itís not necessarily the direction I would have gone, but I can tell you I have my Fallout 3 pre-ordered. I want my life-sized Pip-Boy and Iím going to be all ready to play that at the end of the month.

What direction would you have taken it? The way that they describe it is theyíre basing it more off of the feel of the original Fallout rather than Fallout 2, obviously with their own twist on it. But what would you have done different?

TC: Iím not sure. Iíve hardly thought about Fallout. I did think more about the online version of Fallout, because Iíve also talked to the guys at Interplay about Fallout Online. The biggest problem I have with expanding the game currently is the single player games were designed to make you feel like youíre one of the last people on earth. With Fallout 3 and the online version, Iím curious how they handle making the game not feel too crowded, like thereís not a lot of life out there thatís left after the war. But Iím not sure. I like how they did called shots. Itís an interesting way of adding called shots into a game that otherwise has real-time combat. Iím still waiting to see how the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. survives the transition into real time, but to be honest Iím approaching Fallout 3 as a consumer, not a developer. I just want to play it and enjoy it.

You can read the rest of the interview of the legendary Timothy Cain Ph.D here.

Spotted @ RPG Codex

Dreadnought
I lied
I lied

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

icon_neutral
SenisterDenister
Living Legend
Living Legend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He's just saying it so he won't piss of Bethesda; I doubt any person would be so open and happy to play the upcoming installment when their child, the Fallout Franchise, is being raped and abused beyond the point of recognition.

Maybe he's like the parent of a kidnapped child whose so happy to see their kid again they don't care what condition its in.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Honest opinion from an honest man. He may have a different opinion after he's finished the game. Ask him again then.

Also, "it"?
WORLDonFIRE
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

senisterdenister wrote:
He's just saying it so he won't piss of Bethesda; I doubt any person would be so open and happy to play the upcoming installment when their child, the Fallout Franchise, is being raped and abused beyond the point of recognition.Maybe he's like the parent of a kidnapped child whose so happy to see their kid again they don't care what condition its in.

Why the the hell would he care if he pissed off bethsoft?Its not like they can do anything to him if he doesnt like the game.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Because pissing off a major company in the same industry as you're in is generally a bone-headed move in regards to future career prospects.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic