IGN represents journalistic integrity

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

IGN represents journalistic integrity

Post by spokomptonjdub »

Looks like the did their homework on this one. They inducted the original Fallout to their "hall of fame" and posted this little bit along with it:

"Fallout is often thought of as the spiritual sequel to Electronic Arts Wasteland, but the game certainly came into its own thanks to its brilliant story and smart gameplay. It's not surprising that the game has built a considerable base over the years -- one that is definitely anticipating the release of Fallout 3, a long-awaited sequel created by Bethesda, the studio behind the popular Elder Scrolls RPG franchise."

I found it mildly amusing. Who do they think we are?
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I guess it's just another marketing ploy for Fallout 3. The people who didn't know about Fallout are imbeciles anyway, they aren't going to play a decade old game, they'll wait until the new one comes out and buy it.
The funny thing is that when the purchase of the Fallout 3 licence was first introduced, I didn't think that it was best for the franchise, but I could never have anticipated such swell guy that ensued.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I called it from day 1.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You're a fucking messiah. You got the turth.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I miss having hopes for Troika and Tim Cain swooping from the sky on his mythical valhallen motorcycle to save me from the clutches of Pete Hines, all while wielding his giant sword against the vampires and fire breathing ants that haunt my dreams.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Wolfman Walt wrote:I miss having hopes for Troika and Tim Cain swooping from the sky on his mythical valhallen motorcycle to save me from the clutches of Pete Hines, all while wielding his giant sword against the vampires and fire breathing ants that haunt my dreams.
:chick:
You're such a romantic. Such things nevar happen in real life. And if it did, Pete'd probably buy Cain's motorcycle & sword, fully remake it to a retardopede and a poking device, and sell it for $$$.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Maybe someone can shoot them a link to dac? more specifically the post I made about what you would rather prefer, FO3 or nothing.

Allthoug there were barely 20 votes in there so I dont think they give a flying fuck what we think :) By we I mean you ofcourse.. I think FO3 will be sweet.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Die in a fire.
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

MR Snake wrote:Maybe someone can shoot them a link to dac? more specifically the post I made about what you would rather prefer, FO3 or nothing.

Allthoug there were barely 20 votes in there so I dont think they give a flying fuck what we think :) By we I mean you ofcourse.. I think FO3 will be sweet.
cunt.
Our Host!