Fallout 3: DLC to be hours long

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

*laughs*
Oh dear. :drunk:
Yeah, I'm aware my shenanigans are out and about. It happens.
MadBill wrote:
Manoil wrote:...there aren't any draw distance limitations, or any of that shit... ...I don't think I've seen any other games that have that going for them.
I saw Eve before and they did something like that there. In space, that works. In FPS, I begin laughing now.
See the demos for yourself, it's really impressive.
VasikkA wrote:I've been kinda 50-50 on the whole Fallout 3 ordeal, but given Danny's careful thumbs-up, I just MIGHT buy the collector's edition.
Why... thanks. I was unaware my endorsement meant something. Especially to the DaC community.
Mismatch wrote:By some weird twist of fate, such statements tend to coincide with someone 'might' being a retard.
Say what you will, but from what's been shown, they haven't just tried to make a Fallout game as half-assed as possible; we've all felt the pain and sorrow of a disappointing waste of resources attempting to claim the mantle of Fallout, but Bethesda is really going the extra mile. They've done their research, looked into things carefully. And honestly, though I know this site's populus ALWAYS has something to complain about, it wouldn't suprise me if you guys had to go the extra length to find something that annoys you about it, just so you can keep this place from going absolutely silent while we're all glued to the new chapter of the series that unites all of us random, hostile individuals.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

the hype got you too
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

In eve and most space games you dont have a draw distance restriction until the theng you are looking at gets smaller than 1 pixel at the games minimum rez which means it does have a limit it is just a very very close to unlmited one. I think they did the same in X3.

I am willing to bet that there will be a draw distance in fallout though, unless the game is totally fucking empty. The engine it runs on could possibly not require a fade out if you make everything very sparse in the game. The thing with that POS two stroke lawnmower of an engine is that it was made to have LOTS AND LOTS of grass. So if you move to an empty grassless desert you might just be able to get the draw distance long enough for you to not spot any pop ups.
Last edited by rabidpeanut on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Manoil wrote:See the demos for yourself, it's really impressive.
Yes, wow, they've invented LOD! I'm so fucking impressed here.
Manoil wrote:it wouldn't suprise me if you guys had to go the extra length to find something that annoys you about it, just so you can keep this place from going absolutely silent while we're all glued to the new chapter of the series that unites all of us random, hostile individuals.
Yes, but then you've always been a hard man to surprise. Personally, I'd be flabbergasted, but that's me and I have a thing about astronomically slim chances and the like.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

St. Toxic wrote:
Manoil wrote:See the demos for yourself, it's really impressive.
Yes, wow, they've invented LOD! I'm so fucking impressed here.
Manoil wrote:it wouldn't suprise me if you guys had to go the extra length to find something that annoys you about it, just so you can keep this place from going absolutely silent while we're all glued to the new chapter of the series that unites all of us random, hostile individuals.
Yes, but then you've always been a hard man to surprise. Personally, I'd be flabbergasted, but that's me and I have a thing about astronomically slim chances and the like.
Touché.
Our Host!