New Gameplay Videos

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Smiley wrote:I honestly think you're an arrogant fuckwit with too much time on his hands and the elitist attitude of a fanboy, who by the way takes himself a wee bit too seriously.
You're part right there, minus the time on my hands and fanboyism. Congratulations on your sharp wit. Now, will you admit to being a Haris clone?
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

I don't even remember Haris that much. I meant and believe all I said, and I'm convinced that you have your head so far up your ass to have any objective opinion.
Testicular Pugilist
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Smiley wrote:I'm convinced that you have your head so far up your ass to have any objective opinion.
That's "too far up your ass" fyi, but your statement still doesn't make any sense. As for Haris, do a user search and check out his posts before the transformation is complete and you lose all coherency.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Smiley wrote:
rabidpeanut wrote:Fallout was a masterpiece in every form of the word. It was perfect, because it was fucking GRITTY. This just looks like the inside of a colon.
Mechanurgist wrote:
Smiley wrote:Fallout wasn't exactly a fucking masterpiece in the pixel department.
It was a fucking masterpiece. They can't do the equivalent death animations properly today, ten years later with approx. 1.14 megawatts of CPU power.
Mmhmm. Quite objective, and not at all exaggerated.
It's that kind of fanboi'sm that doesn't get us anywhere.
So how much are they paying you then? Fanboyism my eye, i am standing up for what i believe, the reaons that tis furom fucking EXISTS is due to the belief that fallout is the best game ever made. If it was not for fallout 1 and 2 being so motherfucking amazingly fucking good, this forum would not exist, there are scant few games that come even close to how good fallout is even after 10 years or so.

I cant fucking belive that you would even consider supporting this piece of filth, objectivism is for people who have no spines, you cant be fucking objective on this one, because they are INSULTING the memory of fallout. If this game was labeled gunblivion: a tribute to fallout then maybe it would be okay, but this is called fallout 3, and that is totally unacceptable. This game is effectively computer game heresy.

To put it bluntly you are a *flowery neighbor* from out of beth's colon. Fuck you and your 'objectivism' you stupid *lily*, if you buy this game i hope you rot in console heaven. You dumb cunt.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Their objective was to make money, so IOW you are fine with them making money by shoving a spike up fallout's rotting corpse's arse then splashing on some makeup and throwing on a wig then swinging it around to anyone who will pay to see so they can say that they play 'fallout'.

FUCK YOU.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

Way too many apostrophes in your post, smiley-bitches. I stand by my claim that the death animations in Fallout were superior to what I have seen (in HD) in Fallout 3. Why? Because their gibbet, dismemberment system is based on sad 2nd generation ragdoll model that makes everyone look and act like Raggedy Ann. Fallout's death animations, being pixel-based, could simulate organ decomposition, flesh crisping and turning black, organ popping out and other gruesome details that can't be imitated in a polygon-based shader model.

Other parts of the graphics are fine (though far behind games like Far Cry 2) but the animations are sad, like playing with G.I. Joe dolls.

Objective enough for ya?
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Also, compare facial expressions of Fo3 with those present in Fo1, or in fact any game. :dance:
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

St. Toxic wrote:Also, compare facial expressions of Fo3 with those present in Fo1, or in fact any game. :dance:
Lynette :( Tho' she is in 2...
Always a frown when I try to be teh funneh.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Objective enough for ya?
All this has proven, is that apparently the masses DO want graphics, you silly little whores :dance:

First time I've been called a lily though.. I guess I should be flattered..?

Before toxic dissapears completely into his rectum, let me spell it out;

I'm like; "Themewise mang, the feel"

And you're like; "NO WAY"

Then I'm like; "brown and gritty dude, and compared to what?"

And then you're all; "to a timeline stupid. You love Fo3 lolz!"

But then I'm totally like; "You whiny cunt"

And you go; "No, YOU. Graphix! Haris!"

to which I reply; "Feel. Not graphwhorix, which do suck. Your hair smells like poo"

And you go; "You're right. Haris."

and the rest is you wanking while thinking about Haris.

Now, what rabidpeanut apparently can't grasp, is that when you deny being a fanboy, you shouldn't go acting like one.
You're one of those, who will take any excuse to go bash on a game you haven't tried yet, because of your silly pride, instead of taking it for what it is, and all that it'll amount to; A spinoff, with the wrong title.
As a followup, it will fail utterly, we all know that, we've been whining about it for a year you silly fuck.
Now, let's see what this game might have to offer as something completely new; and go from there, eh?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

:bored:

Graphics is what you guys should be least concerned about.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Smiley wrote:
Objective enough for ya?
All this has proven, is that apparently the masses DO want graphics, you silly little whores :dance:

First time I've been called a lily though.. I guess I should be flattered..?

Before toxic dissapears completely into his rectum, let me spell it out;

I'm like; "Themewise mang, the feel"

And you're like; "NO WAY"

Then I'm like; "brown and gritty dude, and compared to what?"

And then you're all; "to a timeline stupid. You love Fo3 lolz!"

But then I'm totally like; "You whiny cunt"

And you go; "No, YOU. Graphix! Haris!"

to which I reply; "Feel. Not graphwhorix, which do suck. Your hair smells like poo"

And you go; "You're right. Haris."

and the rest is you wanking while thinking about Haris.

Now, what rabidpeanut apparently can't grasp, is that when you deny being a fanboy, you shouldn't go acting like one.
You're one of those, who will take any excuse to go bash on a game you haven't tried yet, because of your silly pride, instead of taking it for what it is, and all that it'll amount to; A spinoff, with the wrong title.
As a followup, it will fail utterly, we all know that, we've been whining about it for a year you silly fuck.
Now, let's see what this game might have to offer as something completely new; and go from there, eh?
This forum was built on silly pride and the ideal that they should keep fallout fallout, not make it gunblivion. MICRONUKES? you have to be fucking kidding me.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

VasikkA wrote::bored:

Exactly.
Testicular Pugilist
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Smiley wrote:
VasikkA wrote::bored:

Exactly.
But I don't see how it changes the fact that the graphics are bad and that Beth is unable to capture the "feel" of Fallout, and you flat out denying this is so, and claiming that the graphics are uber awesome and that Beth has nailed Fallout in the design departement? The real discussion here isn't wether the graphics are bad or good, but that some people actually consider FO3 to be an excellent visual 3d representation of the earlier 2d works; that this is what Fallout should look like, were it an fps. I have to call you out on this you guys.

Maybe it's me being a "fanboy", lulz, and not giving the game credit on any field just out of spite, or maybe you are the one to have been compromised, and can't see it for what it is. Spin it whichever way you want, you're either going to convince people that this is the epitome of Fallouty goodness, at least graphically, or retract your previous statements, before getting out of this one.

:goes back to jerking off haris:
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

entertainer wrote:Image
And those would be the inhabitants of the vault with no women I suppose...
Last edited by Mismatch on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

St. Toxic wrote: But I don't see how it changes the fact that the graphics are bad and that Beth is unable to capture the "feel" of Fallout and you flat out denying this is so,
I've seen no proof to the contrary.
and claiming that the graphics are uber awesome and that Beth has nailed Fallout in the design departement?

I've done nothing of the sort. I said the original fallout graphics weren't special at all, other than they managed to make them look good despite the archaic graphics.
The real discussion here isn't wether the graphics are bad or good, but that some people actually consider FO3 to be an excellent visual 3d representation of the earlier 2d works; that this is what Fallout should look like, were it an fps. I have to call you out on this you guys.
My side of the discussion is that people are focused on finding anything bad because of the title, and for no other reason.

I haven't seen the game more than anyone else, and so far it doesn't look so horrible as I expected. I can respect a new take on it, as long as it isn't radically different and contrary to the original ideas..
Maybe it's me being a "fanboy", lulz, and not giving the game credit on any field just out of spite, or maybe you are the one to have been compromised, and can't see it for what it is. Spin it whichever way you want, you're either going to convince people that this is the epitome of Fallouty goodness, at least graphically, or retract your previous statements, before getting out of this one.
Or maybe, I'm not such a defeatist, willing to go completely emo over something I haven't had between my own hands.
Testicular Pugilist
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

St. Toxic wrote:claiming that the graphics are uber awesome and that Beth has nailed Fallout in the design departement
S4ur0n27 wrote:
The graphics actually look good

Kashluk wrote:
I like the way it looks

Smiley wrote:
They seem to have managed fairly well in that department.

:chew:
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Smiley wrote:I've done nothing of the sort. I said the original fallout graphics weren't special at all, other than they managed to make them look good despite the archaic graphics.
Yes, and you also said:
Smiley wrote:"Themewise mang, the feel"
Good times.
Smiley wrote:My side of the discussion is that people are focused on finding anything bad because of the title, and for no other reason.
Yes, and you keep repeating that, but it doesn't really do anything to strengthen your position in the argument, mainly because it's what Toddlings fall back on at the TES forums, when someone rants about Fallout in a negative fashion (and when that doesn't work they ban your ass tihi). You're naturally entitled to your opinion, but it doesn't become a fact once you get it out into the open, and there is validity to most negative statements made about Fallout 3, that won't go away simply by saying "No! Fanboi!".
Smiley wrote:I haven't seen the game more than anyone else, and so far it doesn't look so horrible as I expected. I can respect a new take on it, as long as it isn't radically different and contrary to the original ideas..
Reminds me of Teatime. I don't even see what you're playing at here.

So, you've read all the reviews and seen all the vids and screens I have, you've been following the game from 0 to hero, and we apparently have two completely different opinions about the game. Clear enough. I'm not saying this to be rude, but maybe you should make the move to Beth's FO3 forums. I'm sure you'll fit in with the rest of the gang.

Weiter, you zay that you can respect "a new take on it" as long as it's not "radically different" and "contrary to the original ideas", which it is, while at the same time being radically different and going against canon is "a new take on it" and if they stuck with the original ideas and kept the canon in, it wouldn't be a new take on it, now would it? Why the need to spin two separate and contrary loads of bullshit in the air at once? Trying to impress the ladies?
Smiley wrote:Or maybe, I'm not such a defeatist, willing to go completely emo over something I haven't had between my own hands.
Like a proper woman? ZING! :hahano:

The defeatist part would have been apt around the time they bought the licence; in fact it was apt and trolls pulled it countless times, sprinkling some "It's ok! You can trust Bethesda, they're fans themselves!" on the top for effect. It was less apt post the release of Oblivionwind, when Beth showed their inability as developers, but it still worked somewhat when coupled with "Oblivion doesn't have to reflect on Fallout 3 in any shape or form." and presented in a good-mannered fashion.

But now? When we're days away from release, and they've unleashed the hype machine, and showed us "REPRESENTATIVE" footage, as in, the footage they deemed the COOLEST EVUR to get their potential consumers in the mood? You're going to pull that oldie now? That we should wait untill we play for a minimum of 10 hours, before we judge? Now that people even outside "teh hardcore" communities of DAC, CODEX and NMA have proclaimed they will not even be pirating the game, after seeing the inane drivel that Beth thinks is worth fanboyish awe? You have to be fucking shitting me; you still think this project has potential, and that we should give it a jolly good chance of proving itself? I'm flabbergasted. :chew:

I guess, if anything, you've made it absolutely clear where you stand on this one. Now I can just write you off as a dumbfuck and be on my merry way.
Kashluk wrote:
St. Toxic wrote:claiming that the graphics are uber awesome and that Beth has nailed Fallout in the design departement

S4ur0n27 wrote:
The graphics actually look good

Kashluk wrote:
I like the way it looks

Smiley wrote:
They seem to have managed fairly well in that department.
Close enough. :dance:
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Voice acting was not really impressive.

Grphx was teh awes0me ya!? Omg!

..no, really. Its not all that bad. I just stop thinking its fallout, and start thinking its some generic kind of sci-fi kind of dystopian kind of LoTR with gunz and ammo, you dig? Its all about being in denial, and the game will be acceptable (by the looks of this).

The powerfist still rocks though. I want one on my penis!
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

My penis already has that effect ogosh. :che:
Our Host!