New Gameplay Videos

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

St. Toxic wrote:Now this has to be a joke.
Well I don't judge a game on it's graphics.

What are you holding it up against anyway?
Fallout wasn't exactly a fucking masterpiece in the pixel department.

It had a nice feel, but the music, sounds and storyline contributed far more to the atmosphere than the graphics ever did.

All the grey and brown colors that people whine about today in "realistic" games, were pretty much all there was in fallout, it was dark, grey, brown and gritty.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Fallout was a masterpiece in every form of the word. It was perfect, because it was fucking GRITTY. This just looks like the inside of a colon.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

car wracks. Big chunks of metal. Set on fire by bullets, then explode.
Also the exagerrated death animations (radscorpion has bloody mess perk, too?)

Can't say much about the dialogue actually. The rest is about okay-ish I guess.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

The only thing I have seen so far to look forward to is that at times, there are bullets that come out of guns. Granted, it is not always the case, and sometimes the order is wrong, but hey.
:binkybaby: :whip:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

St. Toxic wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:The graphics actually look good
Kashluk wrote:I like the way it looks
You gotta be kidding. It looks like shit with some shaders on top. :chew:
Like I said, in a 100 pixels wide and tall little window, it looks nice; on par with today's games. But I didn't mean I liked it.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

Smiley wrote:Fallout wasn't exactly a fucking masterpiece in the pixel department.
It was a fucking masterpiece. They can't do the equivalent death animations properly today, ten years later with approx. 1.14 megawatts of CPU power.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

rabidpeanut wrote:Fallout was a masterpiece in every form of the word. It was perfect, because it was fucking GRITTY. This just looks like the inside of a colon.
Mechanurgist wrote:
Smiley wrote:Fallout wasn't exactly a fucking masterpiece in the pixel department.
It was a fucking masterpiece. They can't do the equivalent death animations properly today, ten years later with approx. 1.14 megawatts of CPU power.
Mmhmm. Quite objective, and not at all exaggerated.
It's that kind of fanboi'sm that doesn't get us anywhere.
Testicular Pugilist
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Smiley wrote:
rabidpeanut wrote:Fallout was a masterpiece in every form of the word. It was perfect, because it was fucking GRITTY. This just looks like the inside of a colon.
Mechanurgist wrote:
Mmhmm. Quite objective, and not at all exaggerated.
And sucking Todd's cock does?

Now that Beth have, as we predicted, raped the very essence of Fallout AND declared that they intend to keep doing it, all we have left is our bitterness. Stop being such a goody two shoes Smiley. It doesn't become you.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I actually figured it was the parts where we said Oblivion wasn't an RPG. To be fair, I think it's as much of an RPG as San Andreas.....probably less so, actually, rethinking that statement.

I still hold hope for FMF?
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Are they still working on that? I thought t'was dead for sure....
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Mismatch wrote: And sucking Todd's cock does?

Now that Beth have, as we predicted, raped the very essence of Fallout AND declared that they intend to keep doing it, all we have left is our bitterness. Stop being such a goody two shoes Smiley. It doesn't become you.
I can't help it. When people are becomming whiny little bitches instead of having actual cause, it pisses me off.

Wan't to be bitter? Fine, I'm bitter as well. Might as well do it in style though, and be at least a bit objective.

Your reply indicates that I did strike a nerve though, because if I wasn't at least a bit right about it, I wouldn't be a goody two shoes, now would I?

People would be trying to prove me wrong instead, but the debate as it is, is a moot point. Graphics will never be a key point of the series, and whining about it is just that; whining. And nothing else.
Testicular Pugilist
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Mismatch wrote:
Are they still working on that? I thought t'was dead for sure....
Is it? I've kinda been out of the loop for awhile. It's a shame if it is. The plot to it was solid in my opinion and better than anything Bethesda came up with.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

s it? I've kinda been out of the loop for awhile. It's a shame if it is. The plot to it was solid in my opinion and better than anything Bethesda came up with.
No, it seems like they're still wroking on it.
Graphics will never be a key point of the series, and whining about it is just that; whining. And nothing else.
I can agrre that the graphic is the least of bethesdas FO3 issues. The whole game seems to be a steaming pile of shit.

I wasn't rilly talking about them graphics, but rather your general stance on this whole issue. You seem to be accepting the ongoing rape.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

I guess I've come to terms with it. I'm going with the selective mindset tactic, and think of it as another fallout spinoff: Fallblivion With Guns and Swords(and portable nukes).

As long as I can distance it from the other games, I don't mind looking at it objectively.
Testicular Pugilist
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

It's still an official sequel, so you're only fooling yourself. :rofl:
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Smiley wrote:What are you holding it up against anyway?
Shit, anything from 99-2000 beats it out of the water. Don't let the Pixel Shader 3 fool you; the graphics are terrible. And the gibbing, well, let's just say Quake 2 called and told Beth they suck.

It was a good looking game, and it wasn't selling on graphics alone. A worthless fps/rpg hybrid aiming for the mongoloid crowd needs to look like a gem, not like a worthless mod.
Smiley wrote:It had a nice feel, but the music, sounds and storyline contributed far more to the atmosphere than the graphics ever did.
Your point being, what? That FO3 has atmospheric music, sounds and a heart warming storyline to boot, that'll make up for it looking like shit, playing like a brick and taking a massive crap over everything and everyone? Oh lordy lord, let's go to the computar store and buy teh gaems.
Smiley wrote:All the grey and brown colors that people whine about today in "realistic" games, were pretty much all there was in fallout, it was dark, grey, brown and gritty.
Yes, but it wasn't brown like a turd, or gritty like some hobo's face. It had a color scheme that involved grey and brown in all other colors, washing them out, making them look rugged; it's beyond comparison with the "gritty, realistic" brown of the next-genz and especially beyond comparison with the ex-genz FO3.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

My point being you're a whiny bitch.

You are over exaggerating and basing this on a few low-resolution trailers. The whole "bashing level" has dropped to whine about everything and anything without any real basis.

It's all very pathetic actually, and hard to take seriously.
Testicular Pugilist
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

And still....
Toxic is right, as always.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Smiley wrote:My point being you're a whiny bitch.
That's funny. I only see you whining atm. :chew:
Smiley wrote:You are over exaggerating and basing this on a few low-resolution trailers.
No, I'm basing this off of High Resolution screenshots and HD trailers. You don't really think I went on youtube, checked it out and then went "OSHIT IT'S SO LOW RES! FUGLY!" do you? Go find a leg to stand on.
Smiley wrote:The whole "bashing level" has dropped to whine about everything and anything without any real basis.
Just admit it. You got fooled by the shaders, and think the graffix are awesum, and now you're whining because I've called you up on it and you feel that your personal taste is threatened/ridiculed. Get it over it, and get with the program.
Smiley wrote:It's all very pathetic actually, and hard to take seriously.
Yes, because I'm way off with my bullshit, and you hit the mark every time with your's. Just re-read your Haris-esque post, and then tell me I'm pathetic with a straight face. I'm going to guess, or maybe hope, you're not stupid enough to do that.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

No, I don't think it's awesome, I said I think they hit the feel from what I've seen fairly well. By that I mean a post apocalyptic one, not necessarily a Fallout one.

I don't need to revise anything, I honestly think you're an arrogant fuckwit with too much time on his hands and the elitist attitude of a fanboy, who by the way takes himself a wee bit too seriously.
Testicular Pugilist
Our Host!