Is Blargh being ignored?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Blargh?

:drunk:
16%
16%
11%
:twelvety:
32%
:sadche:
11%
:eagle:
16%

Total votes: 19

St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Is Blargh being ignored?

Post by St. Toxic »

I'm just asking. T'would seem since he posts on the fringe of madness, all his posts are simply skipped over by the regular user and provoke no response whatsoever. In effect, he is then playing a solo game; running a one-man race; clapping with one hand -- and either he is sufficiently satisfied by this to carry on doing it, or he is unaware of the complete lack of reception that his posts recieve, or rather don't.

The third alternative would of course be that he has another motive, other than social interaction, which governs his posting pattern and continuity. This is the really interesting point, in my humble opinion, because venturing into a deranged mind by speculating what that motive might be, may require some ammount of hallucinogenics and is bound to be a thrilling experience.

While I realize that this is in no way "News" I must confess that I hadn't given it much thought untill recently, and as I have a confessed sense of kinship with many fellow dackers I assumed that this would be true for a number of you as well. Possibly this thread could also be used as a tribute to Blargh, who goes through the trouble of crossing the parallel planes of reason to inspire us with his presence, never asking for anything in return: the least we can do is give him his own thread. Not to mention Blargh's hidden agenda, which is a suitably mysterious and exciting explanation to his presence on these boards, and like all mysteries it needs to be unravelled and may trigger some speculative debate.

As for those of you who are of a nervous nature, I should suggest some "lighter" quzzing as an alternative:

1) Is Blargh being ignored?
2) If yes, then:
a1) Why is Blargh being ignored?
a2) How long has Blargh been ignored?
a3) In what sense do you think Blargh is being ignored?
a4) Do you think Blargh should be approached about his being ignored?
a5) Does Blargh needs the members of this forum to comfort him and reassure him that his presence is respected and brings joy to the forum?
a6) Do you think Blargh himself has noticed that he is being ignored?
3) What is Blargh's favorite color?
4) What do you think is Blargh's "story"?
5) What sort of activities do you think Blargh occupies himself with?
6) Who would win in a fight between Dreadnought

6 continued) and Blargh?
7) Should we peer-pressure Blargh into doing some zany activities?
7a) If yes, then what kind of activities?
9) What is your fondest memory of Blargh?
10) What do you think Blargh looks like?
Last edited by St. Toxic on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I somewhat ignored blargh for awhile since I rarely ever understood his posts but I try to read them now and appreciate his complex sophisticated English.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Quite frankly, yes.

I believe His obscure dance with words is too much to comprehend for us degenerate mortals. I'm also afraid that His mystic rythms have been beating for more than a year now without any echo. It has become static, a background noise in this lively metropolis of random thought and useless expression of opinion. As it's pointless to pray for something to a God who has had a divine plan since the beginning of time, I believe it's just as useless to confront Blargh with this. We all *know* that He is out there. He does not need us to *understand* Him. It's rather silly to dwell knee-deep in such belief that Blargh could not get a hold of the situation at hand, to actually put weight on the thought that he'd lost his touch.

Pony Purple. Stories are told, novels are written, but the string of mind, the idea bubble of it's content changes shape and size each time it passes from one's ears to one's lips again. Blargh is beyond stories. Occupied is too strong a word, I would prefer "amuse", because He cannot be occupied - he is the multitasker, is become stream, the destroyer of occupation - He only does things. Needless to say, but care to put it this way: Dreadnought's name should not even exist within the same sentence.

Pressure is pleasure. Pleasure is cuddling. I fail to understand the point in bringing forth such activities to reach a goal that has so vaguely anything to do with the means taken. We should be asking: "What are His favorite Inactivites?"

Each species, each race and each individual percieve what they want to see, when they dare to take a deep gaze in His endless eyes. Eyes are the soul's mirror - in Blargh's you find a mirror house.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Kashluk wrote:I'm also afraid.
Such fear is shared, like skies in starlight, and they both bring a sense of menace and despair.
Kashluk wrote:I believe it's useless to confront Blargh with this.
You speak for him, but are you him? Nay. As mere imitations we can ponder but no more draw our thoughts to erth' than we could draw the clouds from rock. Noted; respectfully discarded.
Kashluk wrote:It's rather silly to dwell.
All dwelling is silly, but tis food for continued relief from mindlessness. Wrong is but the other side of right.
Kashluk wrote:Dreadnought's name should not even exist within the same sentence.
That is an injustice I am willful and subtly able to correct.
Kashluk wrote:"What are His favorite Inactivites?"
Fear and fashion. :renegade:

Kashluk wrote:Each species, each race and each individual percieve what they want to see, when they dare to take a deep gaze in His endless eyes. Eyes are the soul's mirror - in Blargh's you find a mirror house.
A monument to introverted delirium? :drunk:
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

I'm actually very disappointed with Blargh. Somebody who can master language to such a degree should be able to put more content in this vessel. Unfortunately it seems that in case of his riddles and graphomania bursts the content is about average. His posts usually boil down to "this sucks" or "you're a moron" or "what you said is useless and stupid".

When confronted, Blargh will always dodge you from one riddle to another infallibly hinting that the other person is far inferior. Yes you can get offended or irritated once or twice, but pretty soon it just gets repetitive and boring.

The only thing I now find Blargh good for is seeing how SDFs react to him. Well he is one of DAC's spices, you gotta give him that.

I think Blargh's contempt for DAC and it's members is genuine. Nevertheless, he keeps reading and posting for years. Hence, he's either a masochist or for some reason he can't find any better company. I pity him a little bit.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

I think that's only recently, because there is little in stimulating conversation to be had, at least, if you're Blargh. But otherwise, I actually agree, and it is a downward spiral.

Scroll down to Kahgans post, and you'll see big B engaged in what I at least think was a multi-layered argument at the time.

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... start=7860
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

As a relatively new member I really haven't had a lot of interaction with Blargh, so I really can't say what's been happening with his posts, but maybe the issue isn't necessarily the individual, but a collective of other members that might be instigating the problem at hand; especially since you both have claimed that he may not be receiving much mental stimulation on the board anymore.

Just my two cents.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

and what of matter
relatively stable
energy it is

linguistic synaesthesia

time and energy lack
interest flags

yet desire to post remains

Blargh is tired
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

do i really need to read all of this?
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

ehue :drunk:
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

I don't know about blragh, but his mom is great.
PiP

Post by PiP »

rabidpeanut wrote:I don't know about blragh, but his mom is great.
:chuckel:
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

senisterdenister wrote:As a relatively new member
First rule of Blargh: Newbs don't talk about Blargh.

Second rule of Blargh: NEWBS DON'T TALK ABOUT BLARGH.

Which is why this will be my only post in this thread.
SenisterDenister

I've been around longer than you have, I just don't post since I usually don't have anything to say.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

senisterdenister wrote:I've been around longer than you have, I just don't post since I usually don't have anything to say.
Why should that stop you?

PiP

Post by PiP »

senisterdenister wrote:I usually don't have anything to say.
golden. Wish more members had as much sense.
SenisterDenister

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

~ Mark Twain.

I like that quote, and its a shame most people haven't heard it.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

cazsim83 wrote: Which is why this will be my only post in this thread.
DAC needs more Blargh threads

All Hail Blargh
PiP

Post by PiP »

Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

I'd NMA that... but I don't know what it is =(
Testicular Pugilist