Gameplay footage!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Gameplay footage!

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Preview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p> </p><p><strong>Todd Howard </strong>went on G4's X-Play and <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2008/07/1 ... dd-howard/" target="_self">showed off Fallout </a>3. We actually get to see some real gameplay footage. Most of the footage is combat, but we do get to see the lockpicking minigame as well as lots of footage of the Pipboy. Definitely check it out <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2008/07/1 ... dd-howard/" target="_self">here</a>.</p><p> </p><p>Edit: I don't have a TV, so I've never seen X-Play before, but god those guys are annoying. </p><p> </p><p>Double Edit: How does a person explode by being hit with a teddy bear?
</p><p> </p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://bethblog.com/">Bethesda Blog</a></p>
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

How comes they Show some Fallout 1 or 2 game footage mixed with Bethesda game footage while they say that Todd Howard created some games which are t3h pwn?
���������
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

That shit pissed me off too.

There is also this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36201.html

Which through the magic of editing doesn't seem quite as awful.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Franky
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Franky »

!!Game play video spoiler alert!!
Edit: I don't have a TV, so I've never seen X-Play before, but god those guys are annoying.

Double Edit: How does a person explode by being hit with a teddy bear?
I have to agree, those guys are complete panzies, not to mention that the entire panzy community will find offense in that.

Not to mention the teddy bears, but I like how the sniper rifle blows off victims arms when it's solely targeted at the dudes head in VATS.
How comes they Show some Fallout 1 or 2 game footage mixed with Bethesda game footage while they say that Todd Howard created some games which are t3h pwn?
Well, technically, they do own the franchise. Nothing like claiming other people work as your own. Nevermind any mention of the previous games, look fallout 3! look enclave! Oh a raider camp! death by teddy bear..haha I'm a douche bag. - tom
mixmastermind
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by mixmastermind »

Ya know, they keep saying we can talk our way out of situations, but I've yet to see them give us any proof.

Also, I find it hilarious that with two different demos of this game, Tod did not hack that computer even once.
Franky
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Franky »

Ha! I called the number in that trailer...worth a listen if just to see that it actually works 1888482858832.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

swell guy.com
���������
Don Vinnie
SDF!
SDF!

Re: Gameplay footage!

Post by Don Vinnie »

Double Edit: How does a person explode by being hit with a teddy bear?
Not to mention the teddy bears, but I like how the sniper rifle blows off victims arms when it's solely targeted at the dudes head in VATS.
The character has Bloody Mess. This is the exact same way that trait worked in FO 1 / 2, it's not supposed to be realistic.

Something more legitimate to be angry about is that fucking Fatman. Just looks more stupid every time we see it. The fact that there's no penalty (read: radiation) for using a NUCLEAR WEAPON on something mere metres away - while at the same time you get radiation sickness from drinking some water - is flat out fucked.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Wow, it looks like a nice spinoff.
But not Fallout 3. It will never be a true sequal, thus unworthy of the "3".

The fact alone that the enclave somehow survived, well enough to send vertibirds after you, seems way out there..

Has the wasteland always been this crowded?
Testicular Pugilist
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

Thiz being stalker 3?????!?!?!??? :pete:
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Stalker is the only thing as of late that is even allowed to be compared to fallout. And even if it is fucking excellent it is not quite as good as fallout.

As for fallout 3. :goatse: :pedopete:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Re: Gameplay footage!

Post by VasikkA »

KoC wrote:Definitely check it out <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2008/07/1 ... dd-howard/" target="_self">here</a>.
Those guys must hate themselves. Or at least they should. :rolleyes:
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Did anyone else notice the influx of new swell guy wankers to DaC around the f3 launch?
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

rabidpeanut wrote:Did anyone else notice the influx of new swell guy wankers to DaC around the f3 launch?
Unlike you, the swell guy wankers actually had something to say.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:
rabidpeanut wrote:Did anyone else notice the influx of new swell guy wankers to DaC around the f3 launch?
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

entertainer wrote:
Frater Perdurabo wrote:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

cazsim83 wrote:
entertainer wrote:
Frater Perdurabo wrote:Unlike you, the swell guy wankers actually had something to say.
Ok. Now it's getting into irony. Oh snap...!
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

this looks like some damn good shooter. And hey, isn't it a bit similar to Fallout?
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Have you ever heard a group of grown/sober men act more like a pack of retards than the hosts and audience in this bit? The first or second time someone explodes an audience member actually screams "FALLOUT 3!" with the tone and resonance often reserved for a drunken jack-ass declaring that, yes, he is ready for some football.

On the other hand, now that I've seen it in action I can't say that I entirely hate it. Yes, I despise it for not being the sequel that the Fallout franchise deserves, but if I distance myself and it from the other games it looks to at least be a decent, fun shooter.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

You know I almost want to post the news coming out of E3 but all it really consists of is Toddy Howard playing the exact same demo and saying the exact same shit about it.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Our Host!