Wasteland Radio

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Did this ever happen??? How about a recording?
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Yeah, I did make a few commercials and (fake) interviews. It's a bit goofy but I'll try getting it posted somewhere.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Ok Flowers and flowerette :chick: , allow me to present the unfinished and rather sloppy first (and probably last to be honest) episode of Wasteland Radio with your host Charlie C., and guest starring Old Jenkins, and Patrick the Celt, whom sounds simultaneously Scandinavian, Scottish, and Australian. Anyway all parts were acted by me, except for a little bit done by some random female :chick: .

My first warning- audio quality is shit and I apologize. I am missing the right stereo side of some of the segments for some reason, and the last song is actually from a very old tape I have and the volume fluctuates slightly. A thousand pardons my lords for all that shit.

In my personal opinion, I think it's crap but I tend to have low esteem for stuff I create so maybe if your reactions are unbelievably favorable, I may do another. You'll either be laughing with or at me by the end of the episode, though. I promise you that.

So here is part one and two for download. I suggest downloading both and listening in Win amp to both at the same time, and thanks so much for the continued interest in my half-assed fanshit. And to JGHG, I'm sorry that the other thing has slowed to standstill and you have probably lost faith in me. I mean to continue, though, when the knack for drawing hits me again.

ok so here goes links...

http://rapidshare.com/files/156943814/W ... 1.wav.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/157001053/W ... 2.wav.html

And some DAC rhetoric: I am glad that there seems to be some stirring within DAC again. I believe that we are on the brink of a strange time in our history. We can go off our own way into the wasteland, or we can crumble as forgotten relics, or try and survive in some mutated form, but I do not believe that we can become what the enemy would have us become. This is our struggle, brave warriors, and now is our time. We knew from the beginning perhaps, that Fallout was dead, but I feel that somehow, within that stoic certainty there was born a small bit of Fallout right here. Will we nurture the child, or kill it for its freakish appearance? :drunk:

God only knows, but I do know one thing. When the outcast, the banned, the unloved, and the unapologetic survivors finally leave this place, for me, at least, it will cease to be this place.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Powerful stuff.

EDIT: Listening to the first half right now... not too shabby, bru.
Voltergeist
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Voltergeist »

Hey Charlie!

I think this is a great wee idea that you've got...

If you want to use my mix for a broadcast then feel free...

I bet there are other users out there who want to do the same thing. What about suggesting the inclusion of a radio/podcast player to Gamespot and pitching your topic to them...

This may not be your style, but I think it'd work particularly well with a "DJ voiceover" such as your own, in the style of ThreeDog!

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22316

Let me know how you get on, and I'll post a link to your podcast/radio show on my pages!

Shaun V-Geist

;]
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Dogmeatlives wrote: It's definitely going down this sunday at eight pm.
So much for empty promises...

Anyway, thanks for the comments you two. That would be fun to do an ongoing radio program and sorta make it up as I go along. I have alot of unfulfilled commitments right now, but I may do an episode two anyway. Who knows?
Armydillo978
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Armydillo978 »

Hey there from a new guy. Those podcasts were great. My son was laughing several times. Good stuff. Any plans on making further episodes?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Armydillo978 wrote:Hey there from a new guy. Those podcasts were great. My son was laughing several times. Good stuff. Any plans on making further episodes?
That means an awful lot. I'm glad you/your son enjoyed it. I actually may do another one, perhaps with better equipment/editing/actors/etc...
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Armydillo978 wrote:new guy
FOREIGNERS?!?!?!
Armydillo978
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Armydillo978 »

Manoil wrote:
Armydillo978 wrote:new guy
FOREIGNERS?!?!?!
They're everywhere. It's like a plague of locust, or crabs, or something.
Bill

"Sometimes when you roll the dice, you come up with craps."
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Help a brother out. I'm thinking about getting another one of these episodes going and I was wondering how I would obtain the voice tracks for some of the Fallout 1/2 characters. Like Harold or Sulik or Gizmo. I would like to interview them.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Awesome, thanks!

and beware the fallout 3 files
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

New broadcast coming out probably this weekend. I got an excellent new mic, some great music, guests that are not to be missed, and general wasteland fun. So get Vic to fix that old radio and tune in...

I'm actually looking for a new intro song more representative of the show so PM me if interested in putting something together. I'm also looking for some interesting ideas for segments... possibly like a top ten list or something, holla atchya boy if you have requests/ideas
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Official first broadcast coming in about 4 hours. Stay tuned...
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

cool, im downloading right now. Im glad your still interested in doing this.

EDIT: will try and post after i listen.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

lol, i can definitly tell that there are New Jersey accents :)
I can imagine this placed into GTA more than anything. Its because im used to listening to funny radio on gta. Nice work. It sounds like a real radio. Reminds me of lazlow, in a wasteland setting, lol!.. a wasteland lazlow!! VERY FUNNY
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

downloading now, will probably have time to give it a listen mid day tmw.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Wasteland Lazlow... thats one of the most awesome compliments I've ever received, thank you.

Did you get a chance to listen to it Caleb?

Has anyone else listened to it? I posted a link on four different sites and Ulrich is the only confirmed listener. Thanks again Ulrich :hug:
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

LOL! np :)

HAHA, wow, 4 different sites and im the only confirmed listener. Maybe there still to busy laughing there asses off.. idk.
Our Host!